Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The death of Globalism

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: The death of Globalism

Unread postby ralfy » Sat 29 Jul 2023, 19:37:26

https://twitter.com/Kanthan2030/status/ ... 7771073537

The US economic model is fake and unsustainable, but it limps along only due to the rigged status of US dollar.

(Interest payments on US debt will exceed $1 TRILLION this year)
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sun 30 Jul 2023, 15:37:44

Get ready for a multipolar world, dedollarization, and the reemergence of China as a global power.

When I began buying Gold and silver I had many opinions on why it would protect my savings in the future. But they weren't my opinions, nor even the opinions of those writers online that motivated me. They were in fact simple reoccurring historical patterns. Gold always keeps pace with inflation for example, and nations, even modern ones, always go back to a form of Gold backed currency when the wheels eventually fall off their Fiat based debt backed swindles.

We are rapidly approaching that point in history again, only 50 since the world went off Gold. A little excursion, a monetary experiment where political economists assured us we didn't need the stability of Gold backing. Well good for them, they did me a great service because I was able to load up cheaply while everyone was buying CDOs and other highly taxed rubbish :roll:

The future is not predicable but I feel confident Gold's roll in it is. Especially if the BRICS base their common currency on it. And I can't see any way they could present an image of stability without it.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 30 Jul 2023, 17:38:09

theluckycountry wrote:The future is not predicable but I feel confident Gold's roll in it is. Especially if the BRICS base their common currency on it. And I can't see any way they could present an image of stability without it.

And your experience and education in economics, financial and international trade, correct historical interpretation of....anything....., access to the data and analytics allowing projections into the future, might be....what?

I was sold the same recycled gold backed/PM will save the world from the ongoing stagflation/global peak oil scenario decades ago. And bought some gold. Still have it. I was young and dumb, had even graduated high school.

Then I learned stuff. Some folks do that, and the gold that was supposed to save the investment portfolio against all those bad things ends up the least significant investment in it. Sucker born every minute Lucky, sounds like you signed up for the whole ride. You have my condolences.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Sun 30 Jul 2023, 19:12:03

theluckycountry wrote:
Get ready for a multipolar world, dedollarization, and the reemergence of China as a global power.

When I began buying Gold and silver I had many opinions on why it would protect my savings in the future. But they weren't my opinions, nor even the opinions of those writers online that motivated me. They were in fact simple reoccurring historical patterns. Gold always keeps pace with inflation for example, and nations, even modern ones, always go back to a form of Gold backed currency when the wheels eventually fall off their Fiat based debt backed swindles.

We are rapidly approaching that point in history again, only 50 since the world went off Gold. A little excursion, a monetary experiment where political economists assured us we didn't need the stability of Gold backing. Well good for them, they did me a great service because I was able to load up cheaply while everyone was buying CDOs and other highly taxed rubbish :roll:

The future is not predicable but I feel confident Gold's roll in it is. Especially if the BRICS base their common currency on it. And I can't see any way they could present an image of stability without it.

Which BRICS country would you trust to hold the Gold? How would you trust the gold claimed even really existed? How do you audit the gold to make sure ALL of it is really gold?? Can you name one country with a central bank currency backed by gold that did not eventually devalue their Fiat gold notes? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Gold is an outdated money sold to suckers that want to hold on to the past. Ninety percent of all paper gold does not really exist. Gold is something pretty you give to your spouse in hopes of keeping her happy.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 30 Jul 2023, 19:17:58

careinke wrote:Gold is an outdated money sold to suckers that want to hold on to the past.

Sounds about right for the age and educational level Lucky is claiming, certainly.

careinke wrote:Gold is something pretty you give to your spouse in hopes of keeping her happy.
Peace

Damn straight. Baubles have gotten me out of trouble with the missus a time or two!
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 01 Sep 2023, 15:36:02

careinke wrote:
-Which BRICS country would you trust to hold the Gold?
-How would you trust the gold claimed even really existed?
-How do you audit the gold to make sure ALL of it is really gold??
-Can you name one country with a central bank currency backed by gold that did not eventually devalue their Fiat gold notes?
-Thanks in advance for your answers.

-Trust to Hold what gold? Their gold is their business, my gold is mine.
-It exists because it was mined and went into vaults. Does bitcoin exist? When the server goes down?
-Audits are meaningless, the gold is a symbol, it's ownership is verified every time it changes hands between one entity and another.
-Eventually devalue their Fiat gold notes? You mean abolish them. What do I care about events in the decades to come, I'll be long dead before any new gold back system gets corrupted into what we have now.

Paper Gold? Now that is a promise sold to suckers that have no idea about how paper markets work. It is a scam, an excess wealth sink where people put money they hope to spend in the future but don't have the intelligence to buy gold themselves. It's just another system based on trust in the dying fiat money system, just like Bitcoin, a digital paper system where you exchange an entry for fiat money then buy a car. Every Indian, Every Chinese, Every Arab on the planet knows the value of Gold. It is only the stupid people of Western societies that have lost the knowledge. They put their faith in stock markets and in faceless men running banks and Retirement funds. They trust men like Biden to keep the wheels turning.

Peace
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 01 Sep 2023, 15:43:40

careinke wrote:Gold is an outdated money sold to suckers that want to hold on to the past.

https://oec.world/en/profile/hs/gold
Gold is the world's 7th most traded product, with a total trade of $434B. Between 2020 and 2021 the exports of Gold grew by 2.14%, from $425B to $434B. Trade in Gold represents 2.06% of total world trade.

You didn't know that did you HaHaHa. Gold is trading all over the world in vast volumes and you think it's just a few old goldbugs with their dusty safes. Boy are you out of touch. I hope you're not managing your own portfolio, you'll be in a lot of trouble if you are.

GOLD

BITCOIN

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pops » Wed 06 Dec 2023, 15:56:26

Interesting vid from Financial Times on the "inflation reduction act" and how Biden is out-trumping trump on globalisation, bringing the RE supply chain to the US.
How Biden's Inflation Reduction Act changed the world | FT Film
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 06 Dec 2023, 17:08:36

Political promises always proliferate just before an election. I wouldn't read anything into them. The US tried a big transition back in the 2000's and it collapsed, Big solar panel plants funded by the government, Solar thermal plants, All busted.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pops » Wed 06 Dec 2023, 18:42:29

The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby careinke » Wed 06 Dec 2023, 23:59:24

Pops wrote:Interesting vid from Financial Times on the "inflation reduction act" and how Biden is out-trumping trump on globalisation, bringing the RE supply chain to the US.
How Biden's Inflation Reduction Act changed the world | FT Film

Pops,

Thanks so much for the video, on the IRA, I really enjoyed it. I still can't figure out why they used that name, since it obviously will NOT and has not, reduced inflation. I did notice they never really addressed how the act was going to reduce inflation. Which is why I think the name was deliberately chosen to divide not bring together U.S. citizens.

It is certainly an "America First" agenda, started by Trump, only it uses stolen money (Taxes), instead of tariffs to accomplish the goal of re-industrializing the U.S., and reducing our dependence on foreign nations for strategic resources. I also feel the chosen fields to be subsidized, will also help clean up the environment.

In the long run, it should destabilize the U.S. dollar as THE reserve currency of the world so we can incorporate Separation of State and Money. :)

Peace
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Thu 07 Dec 2023, 05:30:27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUXEFj0t7Ek

The High-Speed Ground Transportation Act of 1965
The High Speed Ground Transportation Act was introduced immediately following the creation of Japan's first high-speed Shinkansen, or "bullet train" and was signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson as part of his Great Society infrastructure building initiatives. Johnson's remarks upon signing the bill included the following:

In recent decades, we have achieved technological miracles in our transportation. But there is one great exception.

We have airplanes which fly three times faster than sound. We have television cameras that are orbiting Mars. But we have the same tired and inadequate mass transportation between our towns and cities that we had 30 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Spee ... ct_of_1965
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Pops » Thu 07 Dec 2023, 10:46:25

theluckycountry wrote:Here's something that didn't work, which proves nothing ever will.

That's called a Strawman. Or maybe a hasty generalization. I could point at some other thing that worked well, say, the US interstate highway system and say "look, all government programs are successful."
Here is what's actually happened to date,
Total Construction Spending: Manufacturing

Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby ralfy » Fri 08 Dec 2023, 21:28:58

Interestingly enough, it shows that Biden is also doing MAGA, including retaining Trump's America First policies and calling for oil exploration.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby careinke » Fri 08 Dec 2023, 22:34:45

ralfy wrote:Interestingly enough, it shows that Biden is also doing MAGA, including retaining Trump's America First policies and calling for oil exploration.

+1

Peace
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Tue 12 Dec 2023, 15:24:17

Globalization is a term used to describe how trade and technology have made the world into a more connected and interdependent place. Globalization also captures in its scope the economic and social changes that have come about as a result.

Houthi Rebels Hit Norwegian-Flagged Tanker With Anti-Ship Cruise Missile At Key Maritime Chokepoint

An anti-ship cruise missile fired by Yemen's Houthi rebels struck a Norwegian-flagged tanker in the Red Sea near a key maritime chokepoint known as the Bab el-Mandeb Strait, where nearly 10% of all crude traded at sea passes through.

Reuters quoted Houthi military spokesperson Yehia Sarea, who said the tanker - named "Strinda" - was targeted because it was headed to an Israeli terminal, and the crew ignored all warnings. However, Strinda's owner, Norway's Mowinckel Chemical Tankers, said the vessel was bound for the Suez Canal and then on to Italy with a cargo containing vegetable oil and biofuels.

A US official told Reuters that the attack occurred about 60 nautical miles north of Bab al-Mandab Strait, connecting the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden around 2100 GMT. After the attack, another official said the tanker could move under its own power.

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/h ... y-maritime

This is the third ship they have attacked. I can't see how they can be allowed to continue with this behavior given the strategic importance of the strait. Both east and west are engaged in a lot of self-serving military endeavors but this is one threat that effects all players.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Wed 13 Dec 2023, 03:33:27

theluckycountry wrote:This is the third ship they have attacked. I can't see how they can be allowed to continue with this behavior given the strategic importance of the strait. Both east and west are engaged in a lot of self-serving military endeavors but this is one threat that effects all players.

It might be easy to deal with Houthi alone but they are only a small tribe in anti-western network of all sort of actors and resources to deal with those in comprehensive manner simply do not exist.

I wonder when Somali pirates are going to seize control over American aircraft carrier, tow it away to safe harbor and demand ransom...
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Pops » Wed 13 Dec 2023, 10:25:44

ralfy wrote:Interestingly enough, it shows that Biden is also doing MAGA, including retaining Trump's America First policies and calling for oil exploration.

I can't figure out how people who've been on this site for years thinks the POTUS can just snap his fingers and we'll all be eating rainbow stew. The current system runs on oil, how are you going to build the next without it?

We got to this level of CO2 and depletion by driving 3,000# vehicles 10 miles to get an ice cream. How hard is it to wrap your mind around a few more PPM to build a renewable base?

Or are you willing to sit in the cold dark and starve because the taps were shut?
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Wed 13 Dec 2023, 22:28:23

EnergyUnlimited wrote:
I wonder when Somali pirates are going to seize control over American aircraft carrier, tow it away to safe harbor and demand ransom...

I thought they had attacked a US Navy supply ship but when I did a Google search it appears that they have tried to engage actual warships! This never works out well for them!
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby theluckycountry » Thu 14 Dec 2023, 19:53:42

I always wondered why they never invented an autonomous torpedo. Let them sit idle out in a strait, trailing an antenna wire, passively sensing the waters around them until given the order to takeoff and target a ship. They have buoys that rise and fall thousands of meters, all the tech is there. Could an aircraft carrier defend against such an attack?
2019-- US Navy admits failure on $760 million weapon to protect its aircraft carriers from an age-old threat. The US Navy has shed light on a previously secret project to protect aircraft carriers from the grave and widespread threat of torpedoes, and it's been a massive failure. The Navy abandoned a program to detect and kill incoming torpedoes in the water after it failed to make progress in testing, leaving its most powerful ships highly vulnerable.
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-navy ... ers-2019-2

U.S. Navy Aircraft Carriers: How Vulnerable to a Torpedo Attack?
Sub-hunting frigates and destroyers form a closed perimeter around the carriers and cruisers they are escorting. Carriers also deploy acoustic decoys like the towed SLQ-25 Nixie designed to attract torpedoes to them.

Despite these precautions, diesel and nuclear-powered submarines have repeatedly succeeded in evading detection and “sinking” U.S. carriers during naval exercises. The new generation of Air-Independent Propulsion and/or Lithium-Ion Battery powered submarines are relatively cheap yet remain very quiet and have weeks of underwater endurance. Furthermore, they are just as capable of launching advanced new torpedoes as the U.S. Navy’s pricier nuclear-powered submarines.

Particularly, new wake-homing torpedoes such as the Russian Type 53 and Chinese Yu-9 are designed to track a large vessel's wake rather than its acoustic signature, rendering towed decoy and other countermeasures ineffective.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... tack-52422

Looks like the enemy is on the ball. Lets hope the Houthi don't get their hands on any of this new tech. Using a rathole nation state to do your dirty work for you seems popular now.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance