Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Coal Thread pt 4

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: THE Coal Thread pt 4

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 09 Oct 2023, 17:22:31

mousepad wrote: I was still young and full of hope that renewables will save the world. How sad to see ones dreams and hopes being crushed like this.

Oddly enough I never believed any of it. I have see governments and corporations lie far too much over my life to take anything at face value. Some new tech pops up and is heavily marketed on the legacy media, politicians get behind it, investors are suckered into it, then it's crickets. Remember the autonomous car? 2018 for sure... slight delay, 2020 abouts... And now it's nearly 2024 and what have we heard in the media about that revolution? Crickets.

The thing that really bewilders me is why the average Joe jets suckered in time and time again and never questions the veracity of these claims, especially in light of all the past failures? It's like the war in the ukraine, we'd just been through two decades of lies over Afghanistan and Iraq, and they walk right in, pick up their little ukrainian flags, and start spewing the same drivel about democracy and freedom. I swear they are hypnotized, by the TV of course, that's the only common denominator. As I have stated before, I haven't owned or watched a TV since 1979. Yes, true. I came back from a 6 month trip in the desert working in a blue sky mine and the commercial channels had gone from 1 ad to 3 in the break. In a drunken moment I dragged it down the steps and tossed it on the footpath and never looked back.

Now coal WAS in a bear market forever but there is tons of it out there. This April 2023 chart's predictions were overstated but in the ball park. Current price, $US 126/t

Compare that to this earlier chart that ends in 2013, the spike is the GFC collapse.

This image is from a pdf rant about "Blue" Hydrogen. That's another HUGE lie. They are using the system to make ammonia, to make fertilizer and all the talk about splitting water is BS. They will burn this coal, nothing surer.

So when we get into trouble with the techie dreams, it's going to be coal to the rescue. Why did the price of coal go up so much beginning in the 2000's? Because you need squillions of gallons of Oil to mine and transport it of course. It's all oil, everything, even Gold. Sounds like a solid investment for the future to me.

The pdf Rant if you're interested in reading lies.
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _Australia
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Energy Technology