Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Tender is the Flesh

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

Tender is the Flesh

Unread postby jedrider » Mon 27 Apr 2020, 11:57:09

Just found this book review in BBC website. Seems like it would be up someone's alley on PeakOil:

Can a Book make you Vegan?
http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20200424-can-a-book-make-you-vegan

Although, I would have rephrased the article:

Is this in our future?

I think this topic meshes well with the documentary "Planet of the Humans" which had a lot of visceral video clips.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Tender is the Flesh

Unread postby SpongeSue » Thu 12 Aug 2021, 08:46:55

The most dangerous virus in the world is humans 8)
Well this book is definitely not for sensitive readers. Lots of violence, blood and guts. If you are not afraid and like strong dystopias, then this book for you
“Television is not real life. In real life, people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.” B.Gates
SpongeSue
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 14 Aug 2021, 07:31:04

Welcome aboard Sue.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 14 Aug 2021, 18:06:01

Veganism is a religion, an eastern religion. Their avowed purpose is to convert everyone into rabbits. The diet itself is actually quite unhealthy and this has been well documented. It can be made somewhat less unhealthy by the addition of expensive nuts and oils and seeds and that is why it is only a minority of people in the western world who adhere to it. It's a white middle-class religion.

A vegan inlaw tried to explain to me once how going vegan will save the planet by reducing carbon emissions. I cited his frequent jet travels overseas, Eco-tourism. He said he paid extra to take low carbon subsidized flights. Oh I said, so your planes don't burn jp4 jet fuel then? End of the discussion.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Book/Media Reviews