Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Sulphco - new source of oil

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Sulphco - new source of oil

Unread postby Novus » Sat 06 Aug 2005, 12:39:36

http://www.sulphco.com

The Sulphco company has developed a new source of oil. After a barrel of crude is processed in a refinery, some tarlike residue is always left behind. Silphco has developed a process that gets an extra 7 gallons of fuel out of this residue. The process uses ultrasound to separate the sulpher from the oil and break down the tar molecules. The first large scale facility is curently being built and will produce 5000bpd by the end of the year. The process is profitable with oil over $35 per barrel. If scaled up all over the world it would be the equivilent of adding 10mbpd to the world market without actually having to drill oil out of the ground.

What effect will this technology have on peak oil? It might be a double edged sword in that it delays peak oil for a few years but then when decline sets in each barrel lost will have more impact on the economy and civilization.
Novus
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby MicroHydro » Sat 06 Aug 2005, 14:08:37

From their annual report:

we have not generated any material revenues since we commenced our current line of business in 1999, and we do not anticipate generating any material revenues on a sustained basis unless and until a licensing agreement, sale of an initial production scale unit or other commercial arrangement is entered into with respect to our technology. As of December 31, 2004, we had an accumulated deficit of approximately $22.3 million, which includes approximately $5.8 million of stock-based compensation expense, all of which represents compensation to officers and directors and their affiliates and members of their immediate family

So far, this operation has made millionaires out of the O&Ds and their families, but no return to investors. Novus, are you a financal beneficary of this outfit? Did you read their SEC filings?

OTC BB: SLPH As I mentioned in a previous thread, Alternative Energy Stock Frauds Multiply, be afraid, very afraid, of the OTC penny stocks, which fly below the radar of financial oversight.

http://www.peakoil.com/fortopic10497.html
"The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air... Much that once was, is lost..." - Galadriel
MicroHydro
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Novus » Sat 06 Aug 2005, 14:19:00

I only found out about the company Sulphco Yesterday when I saw a little article on them by BusinessWeek.

I did not see anything in that other thread specifically about SLPH.OB. I was thinking about buying some if they can roll out their production facility on time.
Novus
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby MicroHydro » Sat 06 Aug 2005, 14:35:22

Novus wrote:I was thinking about buying some if they can roll out their production facility on time.

Business Week does not do any diligence whatsoever, they touted Enron for years. Before you put any significant money at risk, it would be prudent to hire an investment analyst to go over the annual reports and SEC filings as well as a petroleum chemist to review their technology. Legitimate companies allow access to outside auditors who sign non-disclosure agreements. If you can't afford to hire independent consultants to audit their operations before you invest, you shouldn't be getting involved with OTC stocks. Of note, these illiquid papers (easy to buy, nearly impossible to sell) are typically sold at very low prices to entice naive individual investors. That is why they are called 'penny stocks'. They are in the same investment class as commemorative figurines sold by the Franklin Mint in Parade magazine.

You have to ask yourself, these people have been around since 1999, why hasn't Matt Simmons or Boone Pickens invested in this technology?
"The world is changed... I feel it in the water... I feel it in the earth... I smell it in the air... Much that once was, is lost..." - Galadriel
MicroHydro
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby gego » Sat 06 Aug 2005, 17:07:05

Yada, Yada, Yada, etc.

The humongous dieoff story is something everyone wants to think about, hence all the deflection into the wonderful saving tech that is all just a bunch of bull to us yeast consuming the last little sugar in this big vat.
gego
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Energy Technology