Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Strike Back at High Oil

How to save energy through both societal and individual actions.

Strike Back at High Oil

Unread postby nyexec19 » Tue 22 Apr 2008, 21:36:18

Ok, I'm no oil economist with three degrees, but here is my take on High Oil Prices. Everyone seems to blame th ecost of oil on a Low USD and Speculation on Oil Futures. While the low value of the USD has some benefits to the US economy, (ie, strong exports and tourism etc) it is causing oil prices in the USA to spike.
Why notattack the furtures traders by releasing some ofthe Federal Oil Reserves evrytime Oil Prices Spike up?This willdrive oilpricesdown, (supply vs demand)and let the futures traders take some huge losses. Do this a few times and they will go back to Pig Bellies.
Also, why do we insist on filling up our gas tanks at every filling? Let the oil sit in the ground a little more and watch the refineries have an excess capacity, and the oil tankers will back up too.
Try to use 10% Less Energy. That alone will bring cause an excess in capacity. Thirdandmost important,lets show the tree huggers the door and start more natural gas and oil exploration here in the USA. Your thoughts?
nyexec19
Wood
Wood

Re: Strike Back at High Oil

Unread postby HEADER_RACK » Tue 22 Apr 2008, 21:59:05

Your thoughts

BY GOD MAN YOUR RIGHT!!!!!!
YOUR CRITICAL THINKING IS BEYOND BELIEF !!!!!!
MY HERO!!!!!
Nothing is more dangerous than a man with nothing left to lose but has everything left to gain.
HEADER_RACK
Coal
Coal

Unread postby FireJack » Tue 22 Apr 2008, 22:17:20

Lol well I like the use 10% less energy.

"Thirdandmost important,lets show the tree huggers the door and start more natural gas and oil exploration here in the USA. "

ya those fucking tree huggers, I mean what has the environment ever done for use. I mean ya we depend on it to survive but but we should fuck it up for more oil and gas because they'll be no consequences to that.
FireJack
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby jlw61 » Tue 22 Apr 2008, 22:21:06

HEADER_RACK wrote:
Your thoughts

BY GOD MAN YOUR RIGHT!!!!!!
YOUR CRITICAL THINKING IS BEYOND BELIEF !!!!!!
MY HERO!!!!!

Don't jerk his chain so hard... :roll:

What he actually is suggesting is that you read some of the threads and learn a little bit about supply and demand. The US uses 25 percent of the oil and if we could cut back 10% across the board (oil is not just gasoline), that turns out to be 2.5% which is not enough to make a difference.

We would have to cut consumption to the tune of 10% world-wide to begin to make a difference in price and that would just cause OPEC to cut production to keep prices up.

Also, understand the the "big oil" companies only control about 10% of the world's oil. So this means coming up with ideas to "stick it to big oil" will do precisely nothing.

Finally, if we start drilling in Alaska and off the coasts today, the first oil is at least 18 months out (perhaps much longer because of shortages in equipment and people) plus maximum production (a few million barrels a day) is probably 10 years out. These fields, as it is, are probably best left for the time after the rest of the world has depleted its oil. That way we'll have enough to provide lubrication to our steam locomotives and luxury liners and have enough petrochemicals to keep some sort of modern industry going.
When somebody makes a statement you don't understand, don't tell him he's crazy. Ask him what he means. -- Otto Harkaman, Space Viking
jlw61
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby HEADER_RACK » Tue 22 Apr 2008, 22:39:54

I guess your right. Have to try and remember they are coming from the spoon fed propaganda machine.
Would be better if they came and asked questions and searched for answers and try to get a real grasp of the problems at hand.
Instead of nonsense so called solutions.
Nothing is more dangerous than a man with nothing left to lose but has everything left to gain.
HEADER_RACK
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Ferretlover » Tue 22 Apr 2008, 23:02:49

nyexec19 wrote:Ok, I'm no oil economist with three degrees, but here is my take on High Oil Prices.Try to use 10% Less Energy. That alone will bring cause an excess in capacity. Your thoughts?

Unh-huh, okay ... You haven't done much reading or thinking on this topic, have you? I will cut you some slack because you are new, welcome, but There are Too Many People Depleting All the Natural Resources.

And, Header, you are a Naughty Boy! :lol:
"Open the gates of hell!" ~Morgan Freeman's character in the movie, Olympus Has Fallen.
Ferretlover
Elite
Elite

Unread postby like_the_dinosaurs » Wed 23 Apr 2008, 01:54:59

I agree 100% with his first sentence.
"The elite DO believe they are worshipping and are being directed by demon creatures." ALEX JONES
like_the_dinosaurs
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Golgo13 » Wed 23 Apr 2008, 03:24:06

nyexec19 wrote:While the low value of the USD has some benefits to the US economy, (ie, strong exports and tourism etc)..

That is apologetic "go back to bed" garbage, IMO. We're a consumer nation that outsourced the vast majority of our production to foreign nations a long time ago, so no, a weak dollar will not have any benefit worth noting to us.

If this were China and we were talking about the Yuan, then I could see a case being made; but as things stand, no. It's just going to mean declined purchasing power and thus declined purchasing and all that nasty chain of events entails.
Golgo13
Lignite
Lignite

Return to Conservation & Efficiency