Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 26

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 26

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 22 Nov 2022, 18:53:54

Read it slowly

The FED has doubled its balance sheet since 2020 & total US nonfinancial credit is up 50% to 67.6 trillion. The Fed has raised interest rates 375 basis points in just 8 months...We have never witnessed such an obvious recipe for policy disaster!

I’ll give you a hint…. In the 2008 crises, which I predicted in 2006, they lowered rates to zero to avoid collapse. Gee, I wonder what the difference is in this one?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 22 Nov 2022, 19:12:43

Armageddon wrote:Read it slowly

Impossible. Your brain might operate at a hertz, but forgive the rest of us for being far closer to gigahertz. We CAN'T operate at the brain speed of a science denier.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 22 Nov 2022, 19:16:34

AdamB wrote:

Why? Do bad ideas get better if you sound them out? Is that how your hertz mind operates in a gigahertz world?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 22 Nov 2022, 19:48:54

AdamB wrote:
AdamB wrote:

Why? Do bad ideas get better if you sound them out? Is that how your hertz mind operates in a gigahertz world?

We all know you’re the smartest person on here. You’ve told us many times.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 22 Nov 2022, 20:05:15

Armageddon wrote:
AdamB wrote:Why? Do bad ideas get better if you sound them out? Is that how your hertz mind operates in a gigahertz world?

For the record, anyone who can read what I wrote understands that I didn't say a thing about how smart I am. To heck with science denying, shall we start at the beginning? CAN YOU READ? Monosyllable, 3 words, 10 letters, a question mark. Binary solution set, each solution a monosyllable.

PM if you want some help sounding out any of the words or anything.

PS: Sorry Newfie, I just couldn't help myself. :cry:

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 22 Nov 2022, 20:46:38

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:
AdamB wrote:Why? Do bad ideas get better if you sound them out? Is that how your hertz mind operates in a gigahertz world?

For the record, anyone who can read what I wrote understands that I didn't say a thing about how smart I am. To heck with science denying, shall we start at the beginning? CAN YOU READ? Monosyllable, 3 words, 10 letters, a question mark. Binary solution set, each solution a monosyllable.

PS: Sorry Newfie, I just couldn't help myself. :cry:

Says the peak oil denier, inflation denier, debt and deficits don’t matter denier and the one who doesn’t understand the difference what the FED is doing now compared to the 2008 crises.

You are a waste of time. I’m done responding to you. You are either a troll or a shill anyway. Bye
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby jato0072 » Tue 22 Nov 2022, 21:21:36

You are a waste of time. I’m done responding to you. You are either a troll or a shill anyway. Bye

Thank you!
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 22 Nov 2022, 22:14:56

Armegeddon wrote:
AdamB wrote:To heck with science denying, shall we start at the beginning? CAN YOU READ? Monosyllable, 3 words, 10 letters, a question mark. Binary solution set, each solution a monosyllable.

You are a waste of time. I’m done responding to you.

Yeah, I thought it would be too difficult of a question for you to answer.

And on to the market news, looks like the market is up nicely the last two days, continuing the stock market uncrashing theme, regardless of the interruptions from the science deniers and their fascination with small numbers.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 22 Nov 2022, 22:23:27

jato0072 wrote:

Thank you!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 23 Nov 2022, 15:04:34

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:Read it slower and maybe 3 more times to comprehend it since you missed it.

Thanks for not refuting my comment that not a single one of your world ending claims has come true. I'll just stick with pointing that out, which negates your claim regardless. As was obvious to anyone who read it at all. Except you.

Delusion and denial, rinsing and repeating is ALL his ilk has, over any meaningful period of time.

Couple that with NO inclination to learn from mistakes.

Meanwhile, as I've pointed out endlessly over time, a recession is NOT ANYTHING LIKE the end of the world, no matter how loudly and often his type bleats perma-doom.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 23 Nov 2022, 15:10:11

yellowcanoe wrote:
Armageddon wrote:U.S. homebuyer must now earn $107,281 to afford typical $2,682 monthly mortgage payment, up 45.6% from $73,668 a year ago per @Redfin

Good luck with that

It's better to buy a house when interest rates are high and house prices depressed because it will become easier to make your payments once interest rates decline again. The people who paid an inflated price for a house while interest rates were low are now hurting if they need to renew their mortgage or had a variable rate mortgage.

Yup. And when interest rates fall meaningfully, banks line up to offer great refinancing terms.

Despite all the whining, things could be a LOT worse re interest rates. I had friends who had a 20+ percent mortgage (I forget the precise eye-popping number), buying a house near the top of interest rates. But by the mid 80's their interest rate was WAY down, and their house price was up significantly, and now their payments looked like a GREAT deal. With two of them working good solid tech jobs at good companies, their high rate loan wasn't even all that big a risk.

But folks like army will endlessly mindlessly find figures to cherry pick, often misrepresenting things, etc. After awhile it gets are boring as it is irrelevant.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 23 Nov 2022, 15:14:19

Armageddon wrote:1. Housing market falling at fastest pace since 2008

2. Tech layoffs above 2001 levels

3. Credit card debt near $1 trillion for first time

4. Crypto and FTX collapse mark $2 trillion+ in losses

5. Consumer confidence at all time low

Lookin good

As usual, no citations. As usual, greatly exaggerating, re the assumed crypto losses and their impact.

Citing consumer confidence several months old (strong rebound since), or neglecting to mention the issue being housing not overall. Completely non-credible, as per usual.

Congrats. /s
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 23 Nov 2022, 15:20:28

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote:I'm not sure people have fully grasped how bad this Housing Recession/Crash is.

I'm not sure if you provided video of the Pacific Ocean boiling people would believe you regardless. That credibility thing, sucker born every minute, your natural tendency to see doom where none exists, etc etc.

Yup. Just like why I don't believe UFO claims (with modified photos), random science denial by the far right, etc. Automaticaly. Since, given the track record, what are the odds such claims are correct.

So I would ONLY believe such things if backed by a variety of SERIOUS credible sources, and only then would I do some investigation to try to learn the truth.

But he endlessly yaps doom and believes anyone cares about his claims but him. Endlessly. LOL
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Wed 23 Nov 2022, 15:23:16

AdamB wrote:
Armageddon wrote: You people have no idea what’s coming.

And 15+ years of TERRIBLE predictions (over ANY meaningful time frame) means you DO?

You're back in loony bin territory, re the reality of your credibility vs. the confidence of your claims.

As a reminder / context, a recession is NOT the end of the world -- it is an ordinary event, no matter how hard you flap your arms and hyperventilate.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Armageddon » Mon 28 Nov 2022, 09:22:30

More Americans are tapping their 401(k)s for financial emergencies, with the percentage of retirement savers pulling money for hardships spiking 24% in the 12 months

Add this to the record credit card and you can see what’s happening.

We are in the calm before the storm. This will be 2008 on steroids.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 28 Nov 2022, 13:03:04

Armageddon wrote:We are in the calm before the storm. This will be 2008 on steroids.

Say it a couple more times, some folks may not remember that you are a broken record.

On the uncrashing market today, the DJIA looks to be down about 250 points so far. Sounds...insignificant. Certainly no 2008 on steroids in sights. Again.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Armageddon » Tue 29 Nov 2022, 16:16:33

Russia and China are developing a system of settlements which could allow cross-border transactions without using the Western financial messaging system.

We now have Africa's second-largest gold producer planning to pay for oil with gold as central banks stockpile.

Interesting?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 29 Nov 2022, 17:11:59

Armageddon wrote:Russia and China are developing a system of settlements which could allow cross-border transactions without using the Western financial messaging system.
We now have Africa's second-largest gold producer planning to pay for oil with gold as central banks stockpile.
Interesting?

Apparently the market didn't think these tidbits were relevant any more than any other thinking person, as the market basically stayed flat today.

Can't you come up with ANYTHING that relates to an uncrashing stock market?

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 30 Nov 2022, 14:14:33

INXS Nope, no censorship, I just moved the UFO discussion to the UFO thread where it is on topic instead of leaving it in the Stock Market discussion thread.

UFO Discussion
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stock Market Crash! (merged) Pt. 26

Unread postby Armageddon » Wed 30 Nov 2022, 19:34:59

Today's weak economic data suggests Q4 GDP will be sharply negative. The Nov. Chicago PMI collapsed to 37.2, 10 points below the consensus forecast. The Oct. goods trade deficit soared to $99 billion, 10% above estimates. Powell still talks about a soft landing. It's a crash.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to Economics & Finance