Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Special Counsel Thread Pt. 4

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Special Counsel Thread Pt. 4

Unread postby Cog » Thu 09 May 2019, 12:25:18

If this is permitted to stand, the Dems will do even worse when they get into power again. When the tools of government like law enforcement are wielded to affect electoral outcomes, we might as well break out the guns and ammo cause that is where this ends up. If your vote counts for nothing, why bother with civility anymore?
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Revi » Thu 09 May 2019, 12:50:21

I don't know why we can't see the Mueller report instead of the comic book version presented by Barr.

Maybe it doesn't say what he is telling us it says. What are the chances?
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Thu 09 May 2019, 15:38:04

The short version is that the DOJ, FBI, and the other "law enforcement agencies" violated the privacy of Trump, many people working for Trump, members of Trump's family, Hillary Clinton, members of the White House IT staff, etc. etc. when they futilely beat the bushes for two years in a fruitless search for criminal offenses. They went far and above normal bounds, invaded privacy, threatened to prosecute, probably seeded witnesses with the type of information desired - and all was done as D members of Congress (themselves safe from prosecution and investigation BY Congress) threatened to end the careers of those who failed to find impeachable offenses.

I believe the only prosecutable offenses were committed by desperate and frantic D's. That is why every page of the report has names and places blacked out. You will never know, because there is nothing there to hurt Trump, or the whole document would have been leaked. They did this one absolutely correct - the copies of the report are each unique and all are held on "air gapped", non-networked devices. This means they will be able to trace the document to the person who leaked it, and end his career and prosecute and imprison the leaker. Life as they know it will end for anybody who leaks this report.

Do not ever think that the government learned nothing from Wikileaks.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 09 May 2019, 16:51:13

KaiserJeep wrote:
I believe the only prosecutable offenses were committed by desperate and frantic D's. That is why every page of the report has names and places blacked out.....

There is some truth in this.

For instance, we know now that one blacked out passage was done to protect Bill Clinton. The Mueller report discusses Russian spying that picked up phone sex between Bill and Monica. But AG Bill Barr decided those facts were too embarrassing to the Clintons so he redacted that passage.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 09 May 2019, 20:54:44

Revi wrote:I don't know why we can't see the Mueller report instead of the comic book version presented by Barr.

Revi,

My understanding is that the vast majority of the report has been made available, the only parts with held have been done so because they are required to be redacted by law.

I also believe a fully disclosed copy is available in a safe room on a need to know basis.

If that’s not the truth someone should correct me.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Fri 10 May 2019, 00:34:47

Revi wrote:I don't know why we can't see the Mueller report instead of the comic book version presented by Barr.

Have you bothered to read the nearly 400 page version thst Barr did release? Of course you didn't and neither did your party. Because you want Trump to be guilty of something.

To date no Democrat has read the almost completely unredacted version over at DOJ. Ask your Dem leaders why not Revi. They don't care to read it since they already know it doesn't make Trump guilty. By law, grand jury information must be redacted. Even from Congress.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Fri 10 May 2019, 05:34:59

@Revi

Instead of relying on CNN, NPR, MSNBC to tell you want to think about the Mueller report, why not read it for yourself and draw your own conclusions? I'll even provide you a link to download it from the DOJ because I know how hard you struggled to find it online

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... LBEaHIrsqc
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Revi » Fri 10 May 2019, 09:27:53

Cog wrote:

Have you bothered to read the nearly 400 page version thst Barr did release? Of course you didn't and neither did your party. Because you want Trump to be guilty of something.

To date no Democrat has read the almost completely unredacted version over at DOJ. Ask your Dem leaders why not Revi. They don't care to read it since they already know it doesn't make Trump guilty. By law, grand jury information must be redacted. Even from Congress.

I don't really have a direct line to "my Dem leaders". Next time I see them I'll bring it up.

Here's a bit from the intro:

"As set forth in detail in this report, the Special Counsel's investigation established that Russia interfere~ in the 2016 presidential election principally through two operations. First, a Russian entity carried out a social media campaign that favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaged presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. Second, a Russian intelligence service conducted computer-intrusion operations against entities, employees, and volunteers working on the Clinton Campaign and then released stolen documents. The investigation also identified numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign. Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit"
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 10 May 2019, 09:39:42

If you consider somebody who is both a millionaire and POTUS to be "the Biggest Loser", then clearly, you have no judgement worth mentioning. I have known such people occasionally in my life. Nobody liked them either.

Face up to it. This disagreeable, arrogant, and offensive person has more wealth than you will ever have, a series of blonde supermodel wives, and many admirers. You have already wasted some portion of two years hating him, time to give that up and get on with your life.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 10 May 2019, 12:06:08

Revi wrote:

"As set forth in detail in this report, the Special Counsel's investigation established that Russia interfere~ [sic] in the 2016 presidential election ...

There's a typo right in the first sentence of the Mueller report?

Wow...what a sloppy unprofessional piece of work. :lol: :-D :P :roll:

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 10 May 2019, 15:28:38

Plantagenet wrote:
Revi wrote:

"As set forth in detail in this report, the Special Counsel's investigation established that Russia interfere~ [sic] in the 2016 presidential election ...

There's a typo right in the first sentence of the Mueller report?

Wow...what a sloppy unprofessional piece of work. :lol: :-D :P :roll:

Cheers!

Isn't that a common strategy in tracing access to documents, to introduce random typos?
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 10 May 2019, 15:42:13

Revi,
I was once a foreman on a jury. Once our work was done we were led back into the lift room and I was asked two question:
Has the jury reached a verdict?
Yes your honor.
Is the jury’s decision guilty or not guilty?
Guilty your honor.

No explanation, no bullshit, no whining or explaining. And that’s what Barr tried to distill from 400 pages into 4. Mueller should have said simply no evidence of collusion and no recommendation to prosecute on obstruction.

We have had this argument before when Comey made his report on Clinton. He made a recommendation to not prosecute after replacing the words “gross negligence” with something else. Clearly Comey and Mueller have taken drastically different approaches to presenting evidence.

One would think that an investigator witch such wide ranging powers, who prosecuted several people for miss-deeds outside the election campaign would have devoted at least some of his report to the genesis of the investigation; the FISA warrants and their connection to the Steel report. Isn’t it fair to ask why?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 10 May 2019, 20:50:28

Revi,

I thought you might find this but from CNN interesting as it describes who has read the less redacted report, who has not, and why.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cog » Fri 10 May 2019, 21:21:32

The basic concept that a federal investigation is started, based on unverified opposition research paid for by the opposing party, shows how flawed the whole deal was.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 10 May 2019, 22:12:41

Cog wrote:The basic concept that a federal investigation is started, based on unverified opposition research paid for by the opposing party, shows how flawed the whole deal was.

The Ds under Obama subverted the FBI and DOJ, just the way they subverted the IRS.

I remember back when the Ds and other liberals used to worry about the FBI entrapping people and spying on Americans. How ironic that today the Ds are totally OK with the government illegally spying on people, tampering with evidence, and even entrapping people.

fbi-used-suitcase-stuffed-cash-during-papadopoulos-sting

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Sat 11 May 2019, 09:07:38

Cog wrote:The basic concept that a federal investigation is started, based on unverified opposition research paid for by the opposing party, shows how flawed the whole deal was.

That Revi and other D. Party partisans ignore this and focus on Trump's alleged personality issues says a lot about their cult groupthink dementia. They see in Trump what is not there. Being a bit boorish and direct is nothing like being a smiling snake. Any voter with a functional perception would prefer the former to the latter. The assertions about Trump being some sort of failure as a politician are pure nonsense such as the claims that he is a racist. Proof by assertion from deluded clowns.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 11 May 2019, 13:09:20

Love Trump or hate hin, the thought that Trump was a Russian agent or doing Putin's bidding was a ludicrous proposition from the beginning. I didn't like that Obama was president but I got over the fact he beat McCain and Romney and looked forward to the time he would be president no more. The Dems can't accept the fact Hillary lost because the voters rejected her.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 11 May 2019, 15:51:20

Cog wrote:Love Trump or hate hin, the thought that Trump was a Russian agent or doing Putin's bidding was a ludicrous proposition from the beginning. I didn't like that Obama was president but I got over the fact he beat McCain and Romney and looked forward to the time he would be president no more. The Dems can't accept the fact Hillary lost because the voters rejected her.

Honestly I am more disappointed than surprised given that there were still cries of "Dubya stole the4 election from Gore with the help of the Supremes" as late as 2006.

It appears that to a large segment of the population objective facts no longer matter, only their subjective feelings are important. It often seems to be the point now where we can't even agree how to objectively measure between what is fact from opinion.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby dissident » Sat 11 May 2019, 16:09:41

Tanada wrote:
Cog wrote:Love Trump or hate hin, the thought that Trump was a Russian agent or doing Putin's bidding was a ludicrous proposition from the beginning. I didn't like that Obama was president but I got over the fact he beat McCain and Romney and looked forward to the time he would be president no more. The Dems can't accept the fact Hillary lost because the voters rejected her.

Honestly I am more disappointed than surprised given that there were still cries of "Dubya stole the4 election from Gore with the help of the Supremes" as late as 2006.

It appears that to a large segment of the population objective facts no longer matter, only their subjective feelings are important. It often seems to be the point now where we can't even agree how to objectively measure between what is fact from opinion.

You can thank decades of cultural Trotskyist indoctrination under the PC cloak. Subjectivism has been openly promoted and dominates areas like social science. It has even been creeping into STEM fields as well. I recall one of Canada's Supreme Court judges claiming that witness testimony is more important than physical evidence. That is epic retardation. Anyone claiming to recall events in detail even after a few weeks is a liar (the number of people with the photographic memory defect is vanishingly small and even they do not have memory that stores pure objective data). Depending on how quickly something happened the brain does not even store actual information. That is why people don't even properly remember the colour of a hit an run car unless they were particularly focused on this detail. It was clear that this PC cultist was smearing forensics as a white male patriarchy dominated field.

The D. Party is fully converted to the subjectivism agenda. And the biased social media environment is making things worse. All these SJW freaks need to learn how to live with not having special rights to impose their opinion on others. But the scum that runs Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. are engaged in suppression of dissent and free speech and enabling of SJW lynch mob hysteria.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Revi » Tue 14 May 2019, 09:35:06

KaiserJeep wrote:If you consider somebody who is both a millionaire and POTUS to be "the Biggest Loser", then clearly, you have no judgement worth mentioning. I have known such people occasionally in my life. Nobody liked them either.

Face up to it. This disagreeable, arrogant, and offensive person has more wealth than you will ever have, a series of blonde supermodel wives, and many admirers. You have already wasted some portion of two years hating him, time to give that up and get on with your life.

I am referring to the 1.2 billion he lost in the 80's and 90's when I call him the biggest loser.

I have known about him since at least the late seventies. My opinion of him hasn't changed.

The minions have their own opinion of him.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

PreviousNext

Return to North America Discussion