Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

SeeSaw makes US FlatLine

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

SeeSaw makes US FlatLine

Unread postby lutherquick » Sat 28 Jan 2006, 18:49:08

You ever notice how when OIL goes down, we get a barrage of emails telling us we are wrong about peak oil?
But when the price goes up, everything is quiet.
All my "old economy" friends, the "bean counters" friends all of a sudden hide.

Well, that's the future of the world, one big seesaw.
Clear global recessions or depressions, I don't think so, it depends on where you live, what your perspective is.
People are looking for and understand only attack and decay of this envelope, they can't see the long term, can't look at the trending.

Even if the brains in Washington DC manage to invent some solution, like bombing Iran (sarcasm here for the neocon that get confused), even if fusion saves the day, the lag time to switch will still mark energy as the best investment of all time. For the next 2-3 generations energy will be it. Since energy is everything, since everything has a common denominator that is energy, everything in the global economy will seesaw with energy volatility and price.

The slight "ring" we see today in the markets and economy is nothing to the seesaw that's comming up.

The math is so simple, and thanks to people like Albert Bartlett who have taught us such common sense and confidence to believe in our own judgment.

Saw tooth and triangle waves will plot global economic activity. The amplitude will be effected by creative nonsense such as "wmd in Iraq", or "Saddam did 9/11", or let America take Iraqi women as hostage "for democracy". Countries that need energy imports will go from bad to worse while countries with energy to sell will go from great to fantastic.

Many delusional folks think the entire global economy will take a dump when America stutters, however, I think not. The seesaw is pumping wealth towards countries with energy. Dollar hegemony is failing, countries will abandoned the dollar, gold will rise, but energy will become the ultimate reserve currency. Maybe long term the US economy will not seesaw, but instead will "flat line".
lutherquick
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: SeeSaw makes US FlatLine

Unread postby ReserveGrowthRulz » Sun 29 Jan 2006, 02:43:59

lutherquick wrote:You ever notice how when OIL goes down, we get a barrage of emails telling us we are wrong about peak oil?
But when the price goes up, everything is quiet.

I'm still waiting for it to hit $250 or whatever Simmons proclaimed it would be this winter....anything short of $100 seems pretty good to me.
ReserveGrowthRulz
Permanently Banned

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics