Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Russian Military To Protect Western Oil Giants In America

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Russian Military To Protect Western Oil Giants In America

Unread postby Phil » Sat 31 May 2014, 18:45:12

First, I know "Sorcha Faal" is not a credible source, or even a real person. Nevertheless, it's always interesting to read for the nuggets of truth and perspective that one may not find elsewhere.

Being feared most by the Obama regime and its oligarch supporters, this report notes, is that the ever growing world “oil glut” may push the global economy into deflation, which would effectively destroy the Western banking system, but at the same time greatly benefit the lower and middle classes by giving them the lowest energy prices many of them have seen in their lifetime.

And as, perhaps, best explained by London’s Telegraph News Service:

“One piece of the jigsaw puzzle is missing to complete the deflation landscape across the West: a slide in oil prices. This is becoming more likely each month.

Turmoil across the Middle East and parts of Africa has choked supply over the past two years, keeping Brent crude near $110 a barrel despite a broader commodity slump. Cotton and corn prices have halved, as has the UBS index of industrial metals. Such anomalies rarely last.

"We estimate that crude oil is now the mostly richly priced commodity in the world," says Deutsche Bank in a fresh report.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1773.htm
AKA Polemic, NordicHero
Phil
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Russian Military To Protect Western Oil Giants In Americ

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 31 May 2014, 23:05:27

Wow! Is all I can say. What a total disconnect from reality IMHO. We'll skip over the predictions of much lower energy costs helping the poor and middle class...we've beat that horse to death numerous times. Let's just focus on the Russians preventing President Obama from destroying ExxonMobil et al. They obviously think there is a Mr. XOM sitting out there raking in all those obscene profits. This is from 2011 but still appropriate:

In early 2010 I wrote an article entitled “There is no Mr. Exxon.” I had hoped that some of our more economically ignorant members of Congress might through some twist of fate chance upon the article and read it in order to expand their understanding of who owns the various oil companies. Of course, to think that our members of Congress are truly as ignorant as they portray themselves to the public in order to mislead them so that they can encourage support for taxing “Big Oil” is best questioning our credulity. Does Congress and the president really think we are that stupid? Perhaps the rhetoric constantly being broadcast and published by the liberal media has managed to mislead a number of our citizen, but certainly not the majority. I hope that this article will help in making the public understand the concept of who “Big Oil” really is.

There is no Mr. Exxon - It was recently reported that ExxonMobil made over $45 Billion in profits in one quarter of one year. “Outrageous!” Congress shrieks. “Outrageous!” many Americans say. How can it be acceptable when so many people are unemployed? Can’t ExxonMobil take a little less profit and lower gas prices? Let’s take a look at the basic economics of capitalism in general and Exxon in particular. First of all, there is no Mr. Exxon! The company is owned by millions of shareholders who are invested either directly, in their pension funds or through their investments in mutual funds. In reality, relatively few shares are owned by the executives of ExxonMobil. It is a rare event when the major holdings of stock in companies are owned by individuals. The largest stakes of shares are owned by pension funds and the very people upset at the large profits may very well be owners in ExxonMobil without knowing it. The present value of investment in ExxonMobil is in excess of 317 billion dollars. In the last quarter of 2009 the ExxonMobil dividend per share was 42 cents for an investment of approximately $65-70 depending of purchase date. This dividend comes to approximately 2.5% return on investment on an annual basis. There is of course the hope among investors that the value of their shares will rise. Great expectations, except that the price may in fact fall just as easily.

[In addition to individuals owning XOM there are over 1900 financial institutions that collectively own about 50% of the company. They include most of the big US banks and insurance companies. So after the POTUS helps to destroy hundreds of $billions in assets of millions of citizens and key financial institutions (despite the best efforts of the Russians to protect them) what's going to be the next Democrat party slogan: You ain't seen nothing yet...now we're going to drown all the puppies and kittens in the country. SO VOTE FOR US!

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby radon1 » Sun 01 Jun 2014, 07:42:23

The OP is ridiculous. There used to be a website called "onion" or something, the OP looks pretty similar to what was published there.

ROCKMAN wrote: The company is owned by millions of shareholders who are invested either directly, in their pension funds or through their investments in mutual funds. In reality, relatively few shares are owned by the executives of ExxonMobil. It is a rare event when the major holdings of stock in companies are owned by individuals. The largest stakes of shares are owned by pension funds and the very people upset at the large profits may very well be owners in ExxonMobil without knowing it.

But this quote explains why the corporate bureaucracy (top management) are a good part of TPTBs (or "elite")- they are actually the ones who have the real power, because they make the key decisions. The power of the investors is dispersed.
radon1
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sun 01 Jun 2014, 11:00:06

I once sat in a meeting with senior management and the head of a fund that held a significant amount of the stock. The CEO disagreed with what the fund manager thought about the plan forward. After some sharp debate the fund manager spoke words to the CEO I still remember exactly: "If you don't want to follow my plan go to your office now, pack up and get the f*ck out". His exact words. I've also witnessed similar conversations between senior management and the head of their "market maker" brokerage house. Small cap oil pubcos aren't marketed by the big houses. They get adopted by market makers that market their stocks to their clients. Don't play by their rules and they stop coverage of your stock. Then no one buys and your stock value turns to crap.

The board determines who calls the shots in every pubco. And the board takes their orders from who ever has the stoke: fund managers (remember half the XOM stock is held by 1900 financial institutions), the market makers and sometimes even shareholders. Shareholders have more stroke with the very small cap companies. I have seen them take control twice. And I've personally watched one shareholder, Carl Icon, take absolute control of a small pubco I worked for. Rarely have I ever seen a CEO have sole control.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby radon1 » Sun 01 Jun 2014, 11:54:28

Right. But the fund managers are a part of the corporate bureaucracy themselves.

(And small cos would hardly have tbtps.)
radon1
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Quinny » Sun 01 Jun 2014, 14:55:06

So it's not just 'All wars are bankers wars' It's all Oil Co's are Bankers Oil Co's!
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby efarmer » Mon 02 Jun 2014, 17:50:56

Well I followed the link to see the nuggets, and I saw the nuggets, I didn't see the bull who makes the nuggets, but there are some things one has to take on faith alone. Do you think the bull who makes the nuggets creates the web pages too?
Sorcha Faal is an interesting creature, Irish woman's name, tight with the Russkies, mystic and esoteric...

Sure hope she is nimble and doesn't step on any nuggets.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 02 Jun 2014, 18:35:39

Radon - The fund managers represent the investors. Don't satisfy their requirements and you don't have a fund to manage. I'm not willing to let the owners of Big Oil and the folks who elect out politicians - the citizens of ghis country - slide. We have the govt and business practices the majority of the peopld of the US want.

There's more than enough blaim to spread around. Just like the childish attempts to blaim GW on just the fossil fuel industry: we just supply the commodity...the public buys and burns it. The ff consumers are the primary source of GHG. Always have been...always will be.

I don't create scap goats so I don't tend to tolerate those efforts by others. I'm just pig headed that way. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby radon1 » Tue 03 Jun 2014, 11:30:57

This was not to put a blame on someone. The main idea is that the big companies are owned by everyone, meaning, essentially - by no one. An individual stakeholder in such a company has virtually no power. A top manager, by contrast, has lots of powers. This is none of his fault, just the reality. The top managers of big companies are among the key ones out there, though obviously not the only ones. Think this looks far more plausible than some mysterious illuminati pulling the strings out there.
radon1
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics