Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Record number of Americans renouncing citizenship

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Record number of Americans renouncing citizenship

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 08:47:20

Hawkcreek wrote:We have plenty of "corporate" citizens who pay no taxes. Maybe its because they don't have a SS number?
But the courts say they are "people".

Every legal corporation in the USA has a "tax ID number" that they use in place of your personal SSI number when filing or paying taxes. When my dad died he had set up his estate in such a way that I have to file for a tax ID number to pay the final estate taxes because the estate was not settled until a later calendar year than his death. His SSI number became invalid after his death for filing paperwork with the IRS. Ultimately I had to file twice, once for the time up until his death using his SSI number, then later for the estate using a Tax ID number.

Yes the American tax code is a nightmare but I had the assistance of good people at his home town bank who walked me through the process of getting an ID number for his estate when the IRS said they could not accept his SSI for the filing.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby AgentR11 » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 08:47:36

There is a financial reason that people renounce outside of sg's fairly unusual situation.

Being a US citizen with ssn, etc; creates very large costs for any bank that might wish to manage your checking account in a foreign country. So much so, that many who will service just about any nationality, won't have anything to do with American citizens.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby careinke » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 12:56:55

ennui2 wrote:^^^^ This board needs a like button.

+1 :)
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby dolph9 » Fri 30 Oct 2015, 15:04:24

Third world or not, millions and perhaps billions of people around the world would love to come to America. Many of them make it. Which means the empire continues to grow in population.

What, you didn't get the memo that the United States is a multicultural empire run by the 1% who own the banks and corporations? Did you think it was a democratic republic run by middle class white people?

Lol!
dolph9
Wood
Wood

Previous

Return to North America Discussion