Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Reporting Inappropriate Posts

Having trouble? Is the forum having trouble?

Moderator: admin

Reporting Inappropriate Posts

Unread postby vision-master » Thu 14 May 2009, 15:23:34

Shannymara wrote:FYI, since the software upgrade there's an icon like this: Image in the bottom right corner of each post. If you click it, you can file a report that all the moderators can see. This is a great way to notify the staff of problems with posts, and because it is viewable by the whole staff it may be faster than dealing with things via PMs or in the public forums.

I'm sure they will be absolutely thrilled that I have pointed this out and thus potentially increased their workload. 8) Sorry, mods! This has come up several times recently in PMs so I thought I'd mention it here as a service to the membership.

I hate that option. I never like to use it. I've been on forums where the 'old guard' uses it to try and ban members. The old bait and switch.

I was just on a music forum the otherday and said something against surround sound. I had to use this option with an attached PM (I'm going to hunt you down and kick your arse) kind of threat from one of their outstanding poster childs. That was after a bunch used it to try and ban me. 8)
vision-master

Re: Reporting inappropriate posts

Unread postby Daniel_Plainview » Thu 14 May 2009, 16:18:36

Is there any penalty for erroneously reporting a post as being offensive (when in reality the post is innocuous)?
Daniel_Plainview
Prognosticator
Prognosticator

Location: 7035 Hollis ... Near the Observatory ... Just down the way, tucked back in the small woods

Unread postby Aaron » Thu 14 May 2009, 17:35:56

Shannymara wrote:
DoomWarrior wrote:Is there any penalty for erroneously reporting a post as being offensive (when in reality the post is innocuous)?

Not that I know of, although if people started abusing the report button just to be obnoxious or harass each other I'd imagine they might have to institute some kind of policy. Really it's just a convenient way to contact the staff, that's all. I think it's cool because it leaves a record, so people can know they are being heard, yet there's not a bunch of public arguing about things. And it makes it easier for the mods to see where problems are. Seems like a win-win to me.

But the rules haven't changed at all as far as I know. Just a new software feature.

Using the report feature is the same as sending a PM as far as bogus complaints go.

If you abuse it... you'll get, ummm... managed.

And yeah it's a great feature.
The problem is, of course, that not only is economics bankrupt, but it has always been nothing more than politics in disguise... economics is a form of brain damage.

Hazel Henderson
Aaron
Resting in Peace

Unread postby MD » Thu 14 May 2009, 19:33:36

DoomWarrior wrote:Is there any penalty for erroneously reporting a post as being offensive (when in reality the post is innocuous)?

I'd call it harassment and deal with it accordingly.
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby Jotapay » Wed 20 May 2009, 11:25:24

I find this thread inappropriate. :o
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Daniel_Plainview » Wed 20 May 2009, 11:39:50

Jotapay wrote:I find this thread inappropriate. :o

This is my all-time favorite thread ... :razz:
Daniel_Plainview
Prognosticator
Prognosticator

Location: 7035 Hollis ... Near the Observatory ... Just down the way, tucked back in the small woods

Unread postby Jotapay » Wed 20 May 2009, 12:47:12

DoomWarrior wrote:
Jotapay wrote:I find this thread inappropriate. :o

This is my all-time favorite thread ... :razz:

Reported.... :wink:
Jotapay
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dinopello » Wed 20 May 2009, 13:00:06

You all need to turn yourselves in...