Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Just sitting here thinking.

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Just sitting here thinking.

Unread postby anomaly » Mon 18 Apr 2005, 00:28:05

When the price at the pump (and I'm well aware that PO is about A LOT more then the price at the pump) reaches $6+/gal, people will complain like babies in the terrible two's. But do you really think they'll stop driving their SUV's? I don't.

I think I remember hearing about a study on NPR that said that people would start to dramatically alter their driving habits at about the $3/gallon range. Who knows if this is true or not, but I think things will be a lot different. Take a look at places like the UK... petrol is $3/4 a gallon, and people drive less, drive more efficient cars, etc... (compared to the US...)
anomaly
Wood
Wood

Unread postby OilyMon » Mon 18 Apr 2005, 03:50:27

I wonder how the recent spreading of peak oil knowledge into the main stream media is going to affect what happens and how people behave under the crisis. How will this affect an individual investors investment strategdy? If you have the means right now, why would you not invest as much as you could into oil while it is still cheap? Is there a limit on the amount of time any given investor realistically projects into the future?
OilyMon
Peat
Peat

Return to Peak Oil Discussion