Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Question about Driveways and C02

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Question about Driveways and C02

Unread postby Takchess » Tue 05 Aug 2008, 17:56:45

Here is my crazy idea and I wonder if anyone is working on this.

Given the great amount of space dedicated to Driveways in the US. Has anyone experimented with a coating or method for Tar which would consume C02 and release oxygen . This coating would have to be protective and not reduce the functionality of the driveway.

Thoughts?
Takchess
Wood
Wood

Re: Question about Driveways and C02

Unread postby dinopello » Tue 05 Aug 2008, 18:02:04

Several people around here have green driveways with some special driveable underlay and many of the old houses use two concrete strips with grass or dirt in between.

This is another idea.
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby heroineworshipper » Tue 05 Aug 2008, 19:34:22

There was also roofing material to reflect light back when urban heat islands were the big thing. Now it's CO2. Those rich enough to have driveways produce far more CO2 in their executive jobs than their driveways could suck up.
People first, then things, then dollars.
There will be enslavement, cannibalism, & zombie invasions.
heroineworshipper
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby alokin » Tue 05 Aug 2008, 22:20:05

The easiest thing would be - put your car on the road, or move the garage right on the garden fence. Rip the concrete out - this is not an easy task. Plant some fruit trees, shrubs etc.
alokin
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Canuk » Wed 06 Aug 2008, 00:55:17

dinopello wrote:Several people around here have green driveways with some special driveable underlay and many of the old houses use two concrete strips with grass or dirt in between.

This is another idea.

My neighbor still has the dual concrete strip driveway with grass in between - a retro throwback that is the new green apparently.

Loved the link - amazed that North York had such a bylaw - here in Hamilton many people still have gravel driveways in the older areas and there are a handful of the dual strips remaining.

What I have noticed in newer subdivisions is that many people cover their entire back yard in decks or patios. There is even an artificial turf product (plastic grass) that had been used - the opposite of green petroleum as a lawn...
Canuk
Peat
Peat

Return to Welcome