Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

how to delete

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

how to delete

Unread postby mistylady » Fri 02 May 2008, 12:36:35

How do you delete your account here? I sent a message to an administrator and asked to have the account deleted but it is still active. I have already ticked people off here accidentally and wish to be removed. No offense but I just plain ol don't fit in here and I'm too old to change. Can anyone assist? Thank you in advance.
mistylady
Wood
Wood

Re: how to delete

Unread postby smallpoxgirl » Fri 02 May 2008, 12:46:13

As far as I know, accounts here are never "deleted". Even people who are banned still have an account, it's just set to prohibit them posting. If you don't want to be active, I'd say the best answer is to stop posting. :)
"We were standing on the edges
Of a thousand burning bridges
Sifting through the ashes every day
What we thought would never end
Now is nothing more than a memory
The way things were before
I lost my way" - OCMS
smallpoxgirl
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 02 May 2008, 12:59:07

an all posts are saved forever in case the authorities need to do a investigation. :razz:
vision-master

Unread postby Utopia » Fri 02 May 2008, 13:03:05

The admins can delete a user totally, but all your posts just get renamed to "Unknown" you only posted 14 times so I wouldn't be very concerned, just go quietly into the night.

I believe you might be able to see your post history and delete all of your 14 posts you have made, I know in PhpBB you can but am unsure what software this forum is running.

But I honestly would say, don't worry. Now if you have a face book account, that information being out there I would worry about :)

Edit: Well I had a peek, you can click on your profile button and then select "See all posts" While you cannot physically delete the post you can edit them to have no text.
Utopia
Wood
Wood

Return to Welcome