Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Chimp gives State of the Zoo speech

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Chimp gives State of the Zoo speech

Unread postby Ayoob_Reloaded » Wed 02 Feb 2005, 22:22:31

I urge Congress to pass legislation making the United States less dependant on foreign energy.

???
Ayoob_Reloaded
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby savethehumans » Thu 03 Feb 2005, 01:05:10

How DARE you insult chimpdom by comparing that great classic thespian of "Tarzan" movies, CHEETAH, with Dubya Bush?! :shock:

You should be ashamed of yourselves.... :razz:
savethehumans
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Aqua-Teen » Thu 03 Feb 2005, 04:20:49

Coal isn't clean. Thinking coal is clean is like thinking the earth is flat.

Why do they clap at everything he says? Is it butt kissing or are they trying to make everyone watching think he knows what he's talking about?
Aqua-Teen
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Aqua-Teen » Thu 03 Feb 2005, 04:28:00

Bush needs a makeover, I'm so bored of the strange little man with beady eyes routine. [smilie=5dunce.gif] [smilie=bduh.gif] [smilie=sleepy1.gif]

I'm sure eight years of Al Gore wouldn't be much better though. [smilie=new_borgsmile.gif] [smilie=profe.gif] [smilie=sleepy2.gif]

Clinton was way more entertaining. [smilie=3some.gif] [smilie=5eek.gif] [smilie=eusa_naughty.gif] [smilie=eusa_liar.gif] [smilie=eusa_shhh.gif] [smilie=besos.gif] [smilie=eusa_dance.gif]
Aqua-Teen
Wood
Wood

Unread postby TrueKaiser » Thu 03 Feb 2005, 04:38:37

Aqua-Teen wrote:Coal isn't clean. Thinking coal is clean is like thinking the earth is flat.

Why do they clap at everything he says? Is it butt kissing or are they trying to make everyone watching think he knows what he's talking about?

it is, kinda, well, not really. this is how they do it instead of just letting all those nice greenhouse gases escape thy pipe them either into underground storage areas or put them on ship and pump the gases under the water.
TrueKaiser
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Aqua-Teen » Thu 03 Feb 2005, 04:58:33

I think I get it. It's really cleaner coal (sort of) but "Clean Coal" sounds better. :oops:
Aqua-Teen
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Aaron » Thu 03 Feb 2005, 08:43:26

Aqua-Teen wrote:I think I get it. It's really cleaner coal (sort of) but "Clean Coal" sounds better. :oops:

At least we mandate stack scrubbers for coal plants in the US.

In many places... like China, it's dumped raw right into the atmosphere.

Of course all this clean coal controlled emissions stuff is only possible because of the hidden subsidy of... oil.
The problem is, of course, that not only is economics bankrupt, but it has always been nothing more than politics in disguise... economics is a form of brain damage.

Hazel Henderson
Aaron
Resting in Peace

Unread postby Aqua-Teen » Thu 03 Feb 2005, 13:29:05

So it really does help to a decent extent? That's good.

I have heard that the way China is doing it, they'll have people dropping like flies from the bad effects over time. Maybe that will give them a reason to change.
Aqua-Teen
Wood
Wood

Unread postby lorenzo » Thu 03 Feb 2005, 19:28:25

"Chimp gives State of the Zoo speech"

BWUUUUAHAAAHAAHAAAAAA!!!! GREAT!!!

It's really fantastic to be a non-native English speaker. I always have a laugh when I read this kind of word games. Very nice, very nice. Keep it coming.
lorenzo
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to North America Discussion