Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Lets change the world!

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Lets change the world!

Unread postby yandoo » Sat 28 Oct 2006, 13:01:43

Hi all,

i was hoping for some support and feedback on my latest scheme!!

ive been doing a lot of philosophysing recently and i have come to this conclusion......

How i got there.......

I was initially thinking of deep and meaning full of things like(and this still astounds me) the fact that all we actually know is that we have evolved from this planet from the big bang (many substances from periodic table)....but why...? is there a god....? is there something?? there has to be a reason, even if not what is expected....but what caused the big bang? what caused it all? there has to be something...!! has to be...why else?....there are answers out there and we need to find them!

For this reason in the life the (bigger picture) there has to be something.
Then i watch the news and realise all the bad stuff in the world, for me the awaking thought that there are 12million orphan children in africa...thats like 1 in 6 in people in the uk (assuming around 60 mill)....and yet people dont seem to do anything.....why??? apathy and more!!!people dont think there count makes a difference!!! This is the biggest illusion...because in order to change the world, all we need to is change ourselves!!! if that happened over night the world would be a different place!!!

My idea is this..... (it has been poo pooed by friends, but i feel i have to do something!)

ever noticed that in our so called democracy all we actually vote for is vote 4 a government party that has an ageneda (we vote based on that agenda).

Well this is differnet! Im going to setup a site that covers all politics, specially those that we dont have a poll on!!! Its going to be so that any member can raise an issue that needs to be addressed! In addition to this, if enough people get involved we can have our voice heard!!!

This idea could potentially change the world!!! Why not indeed? at the end of the day we all live the same dream, we are all the same are we not? and most people if you ask them on there own what they want, its the same thing!!! Peace, happiness, justice, love!!

I need help! ive got the website sorted np!! But i need to know what you peps think on it??????

I need help with content on issues, policies etc....

Please tell me what you think!!! As i feel this could (with some help from like minded people) be BIG!!!

we should focus our energies into something positive that we can do and not dwell on the consipiracies, injustice and what may be.....

Talk to me...what you think?

Yandoo!
yandoo
Wood
Wood

Re: Lets change the world!

Unread postby Comp_Lex » Sat 28 Oct 2006, 14:15:26

I was initially thinking of deep and meaning full of things like(and this still astounds me) the fact that all we actually know is that we have evolved from this planet from the big bang (many substances from periodic table)....but why...? is there a god....? is there something?? there has to be a reason, even if not what is expected....but what caused the big bang? what caused it all? there has to be something...!! has to be...why else?....there are answers out there and we need to find them!

You will never get the answers you are looking for. I believe that you are focussing on the wrong things and I also believe that the answers won't be a benefit to us at all.

Peace, happiness, justice, love!!

Trying to achieve these things looks very noble on first sight, but if you understand a lot more about population growth ( = growing energy demand ), then you might think that these goals will only make the problem worse. (if certain conditions are not met)

This idea could potentially change the world!!! Why not indeed? at the end of the day we all live the same dream, we are all the same are we not?

Trying to focus on issues and trying to let our voices hear is a good thing, but I believe that your goals are wrong.

I've also a idea that can potentially change the world , but it doesn't cause happiness and love. It causes fear for the future. That fear will someday turn into "action".
Comp_Lex
Peat
Peat

Unread postby KhanCEO » Sat 28 Oct 2006, 21:30:55

You want to change the world?Get rid of the private for profit corparate central bank, they have a monopoly of issuing currency; our government doesn't issue currency, they do. Till that day comes nothing will change. The shareholder's of the Federal Reserve System control everything. They determine how much your mortgage is going to be, how much your car payments are, your credit cards, your student loans, and whether you have a job or not. They control our government, you don't have a voice or a choice.

American From Freedom To Fascism

Interview with Aaron Russo (Maker of Freedom to Fascism)

Money Masters
Stop Breeding!
KhanCEO
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby gego » Sat 28 Oct 2006, 21:59:26

What do I think? Nature does produce quite a few evolutionary dead ends.
gego
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby yandoo » Mon 30 Oct 2006, 03:57:02

ok, ill just get my coat
yandoo
Wood
Wood

Unread postby harshreality » Tue 31 Oct 2006, 10:01:37

You say "all we actually know" as if our knowledge has never advanced in this area! Read some of the latest theorys on the big bang et al and you may find some answers. I have to agree with the poster above in regards to your next questions. Why does it matter? Imagine people hundereds of years ago, asking each other "what is the sun?", "how was it formed?" We now know and now have other questions to ask. This will continue ad infinem.

Is there a god - Yes
What caused the big bang - god
what caused it all - god, it was bored and needed something to do

If you take the above as 100% given fact (am not suggesting they are) Do the answers help in anyway? They do not as you would soon ask more - what is god etc.

Then i watch the news and realise all the bad stuff in the world, for me the awaking thought that there are 12million orphan children in africa...thats like 1 in 6 in people in the uk (assuming around 60 mill)....and yet people dont seem to do anything.....why???

Firstly, what do you do? I often read people bemoaning the lack of aid etc and then find out they contribute nothing themselves. I hope I am not tarring you unfairly with this but I believe unless you are contributing yourself, you have no right to rile others.

is the biggest illusion...because in order to change the world, all we need to is change ourselves!!! if that happened over night the world would be a different place!!!

Again, sorry in advance if I am wrong here. Have you changed yourself? Do you volunteer or donate a large % of your income to those who are more needy? If not then you have part of the answer. People do not change, as it requires too much sacrifice. It is simply easier to carry on as things are. You must also understand that what you are ultimately advocating (we will cover this more in a bit) is changing others to your views.

ever noticed that in our so called democracy all we actually vote for is vote 4 a government party that has an ageneda (we vote based on that agenda).

Democracy has always been like this (please correct me with examples if I am mistaken.) You have the right (Am guessing you live is UK or USA) to speak to your representative (i.e. MP.) Do you?

Well this is differnet! Im going to setup a site that covers all politics, specially those that we dont have a poll on!!! Its going to be so that any member can raise an issue that needs to be addressed! In addition to this, if enough people get involved we can have our voice heard!!!

I would have a long hard think about what you are suggesting here. This would transfer all power away from the people and into the hands of the media. As an example. You set up your site and people vote on current issues. It gains attention and notice of it is taken. It seems from your post that you believe everyone would vote more aid to Africa and advocate living together in peace. I do not believe that in the real world this would happen.
Pretend that over the course of a week, several shocking crimes occur. An 8year old girl is gang raped. A grandmother is stabbed in her home and 2 female paramedics are beaten to death while attending a stabbing incident. All the perpetrators are black**. The tabloids go crazy, whipping up a huge frenzy. They report every crime committed by black people in huge headlines. The country is outraged. Someone starts a poll on your site -"Should black people be deported?" Due to the hysteria the vote is 60-40 in favour. Do you then wholeheartedly support this? If not why not?

Ask yourself. Do you really want people to be able to express their views or do you want people to think as you do?

If the answer is the latter, I suggest you investigate the political set up in your country and get active!

I hope my post does not come over as an attack. It is not meant this way. It is always good to see someone fired up and willing to make a change and I wish you well with things. I just think you need to understand current climates (no pun) better, before you begin. Don't get your coat. Let us debate and see if we can find a better way to go about things.

** Again no offence is meant. Any minority group could be used. Do not read anything deeper than my belief that the media and 24hr news coverage is not always fair and balanced (or indeed, beneficial)
harshreality
Wood
Wood

Unread postby antspice » Thu 02 Nov 2006, 19:36:40

There IS a god and the bible is his word. Don't depend on religion to tell you the truth, read the bible by yourself and pray.
The world <as we know it> is is doomed to disappear, as it is there isnt a lot of hope in trying to save it. The majority won't listen, they want the cigarette but not the cancer. They dont want to do away the cigarette alltogether.

The "god" of this world is the Devil as can be evidenced once you look beyond mainstream media that you know has failed to inform anyone about anything of value. 30000 children die daily of malnourishment. 655000 iraqis died since the iraq war, (if you care) about 50 Million Abortions are performed each year. Millions have died in wars after WW2. The seas are being polluted, the world is warming up, despite all these medical advancements, more people get sick and catch diseases and nobody seems to notice. We dont really know our own history, sometimes we dont even know our fathers and mothers of our own parents and much less their parents. We mislabel dictatorship as inherently evil and democracy as inherently good. The sole difference between dictatorship and democracy is responsebility, in a dictatorship the dictator is responsible, in a democracy it is the people. The responsible are what makes it good or what makes it bad. As it is, human governance is evil wether a democracy or a dictatorship. The only good governance is YHWH god whom created our earth in a paradise state, whom knows how everything works as evidenced by the infinite wisdom found in nature. But humanity in general chose its own ignorant rule over that of the God that lovingly created them in paradise.

So repent ye evildoers and turn to God. Read the bible and pray. If it gets to it calling on the name of YaHWeH (or Jehovah if you will) will save you on his day when this evil system goes away.

regards, ant
antspice
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Comp_Lex » Fri 03 Nov 2006, 10:15:45

We're just animals, that's it. The laws of nature are just as harsh for us as it is to other animals. We're not special and we were never meant to be.
Comp_Lex
Peat
Peat

Return to Welcome