Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

One Neocon's ideas about peak oil

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: One Neocon's ideas about peak oil

Unread postby rwwff » Wed 04 Oct 2006, 20:16:34

pstarr wrote:
rwwff wrote:Granted, what we need to achieve for sustainability is negative growth, high inflation, and low unemployment; but that is a much tougher nut to crack, and if a Republican attempted it, yall'd claim he or she was destroying the economy as opposed to adapting to the realities of peak oil.

Do you want economic growth or not.
no. and sustainability is not measured by "negative growth, high inflation, and low employment." Rather it is a condition of equilibrium, zero inflation, and regular but occasional employment. Given these are impossible in our debt-based fiat-dollar system, I'd settle for 'negative growth' which is better known as depression

I'm not talking about measuring it, I'm talking about getting there. Though you are right to use the depression word, and it is implied in my statement of conditions with sustained negative growth, which is the definition of depression.

High inflation and low unemployment with little wage growth is part of the puzzle to avoid most of the artificially induced catastrophes...
abundance fleeting
men falling like hungry leaves
decay masters all
rwwff
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics