Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

US rules the world, a little more...

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

US rules the world, a little more...

Unread postby lutherquick » Mon 20 Mar 2006, 18:58:49

Unions and workers in America will freak out over articles like these two:

Dell to Double Staff in India in 3 Years
Wal-Mart to Hire Up to 150,000 in China

But few understand what is going on here. And it's why Bush says: "jobs leaving is a good thing".

Wal-Mart will continue to open factories in China, and they will take US dollars out of America to China to build the factories and setup the production equipment, and even pay their Chinese employees using US dollars. Wal-Mart will also use contract factories in China to job out non-core production. Those OEM contract factories will be owned by Chinese multimillionaires and they will pay their employees in US $ and save their profits, both corporate and personal, in US $.

What does all this do?

Well, it actually, lowers inflation in the US (maybe it delays and makes it pent up). And it increases the US standard of living. It cooks the books and creates the elusion that America is more competitive, like Enron. In reality, America is simply being subsidized. And all this doesn't include regular, on the books debt financed by the likes of China's government purchasing government bonds or US mortgages.

Therefore, some retired grandmother in America will receive her social security check, then go to the local Wal-Mart, buy things, this money leaves the country, goes to China and never comes back. This allows the US government the ability to print money, inject into the US economy, and it doesn't adversely effect our local inflation. Yes, we have allot of inflation. But if it wasn't for this con job, America would be in a deep recession and have hyper inflation.

Physiologically, America has the world convinced the Dollar is better than Gold. And America's foundation is now hinging on what foreigners "FEEL" and "PERCEIVE". And as long as these delusions continue, then the party goes on. The question is, when will people wise up? What event will push that first domino?

So America will inject money all over the world, hoping it never comes back. It is using SSI payments, military spending, NGO funding, purchase of energy, and many other avenues as "proxies" to steal and strong arm the world into transferring AID to the American consumer.

Don't be fooled, the events in the world today aren't about OIL, or democracy, there about hegemony. One of the many benefits of hegemony will be cheaper energy, but America's cancerous reach using hegemony wants everything effected from raw material, energy, to finished goods to commanding grandmother's in Belarus, Georgia and Ukraine on who to vote for.

And to this end, messages of human rights, democracy and freedom aren't true. There are great democracies all over the world such as Venezuela, Belarus, Ecuador, Russia, India, and you can even call Hamas democracy driven, but these folks don't accept US hegemony. Iran, as radical as they are, it was the majority that voted for that nut job, and Iran has every right to have it's fringe leader, it's crazy and delusional leader just as much as American's have their right.

The trick for America is to keep this snake oil, this snow job going as long as it can. Eventually it will crash. Then every sucker out side the United States that is holding onto dollars, will be screwed, but, we can just say, it's for democracy !!!!

Until then, America will keep coming up with messages and stories that make no sense. Hegemony is a lazy way towards a good economy, and it's is as dishonest as Bush and Clinton were. Real "markets" and real "democracy" will level this playing field very soon. And we can thank peakoil.

Hegemony includes but not limited to:
* Demanding energy be traded in US dollar.
* Pumping NGO money into places like Russia and Belarus.
* Bombing Iraq.
* The Forex (abuse of).
* US ownership of foreign factories, spending local in US $.
* SSI payments (to buy imported goods in US).
* US government Debt / Bonds.
* US $ as Reserve Currency.
* Issues loans as debt to poor nations.
* WTO
* Word Bank
* IMF
* NAFTA
* Exporting jobs out of the US.
* China/Japan investing in US mortgages, gov bonds.
* Tolerating Mexican Illegal immigrants because they export billions each year.
* Protecting King Faud of Saudi Arabia
* Protecting Kuwait (they aren't democracies)
* and so on...

The key, is to make the dollar escape the US economy so that it never comes back, and we can then (replace) print new and chose how to spend based on American interests and agendas, thus hegemony. The higher the dollar flight, then the higher the standard of living for the US. It's not the money, it's the fact that America is the printer of such money, that's the power.
lutherquick
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: US rules the world, a little more...

Unread postby rogerhb » Mon 20 Mar 2006, 19:13:26

You managed to not include the word unemplyment in all of that.
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers." - Henry Louis Mencken
rogerhb
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby TommyJefferson » Mon 20 Mar 2006, 22:48:50

Being that I'm a US citizen and live in the United States of America, isn't dollar hegemony a good thing for me?

If not, what would be better for me?
Conform . Consume . Obey .
TommyJefferson
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby rogerhb » Mon 20 Mar 2006, 23:40:12

TommyJefferson wrote:Being that I'm a US citizen and live in the United States of America, isn't dollar hegemony a good thing for me?

Certainly, if

(a) you don't want a real job
(b) you aren't worried about not getting out of debt
(c) you don't expect to see anything from your lifetime savings
(d) you have no plans to receive a pension
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers." - Henry Louis Mencken
rogerhb
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby gmin » Tue 21 Mar 2006, 10:20:54

lutherquick,
what your data source? I am interested to know how walmart managed to pay its Chinese workers in USD.
gmin
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Kingcoal » Tue 21 Mar 2006, 19:53:17

God, I thought you were going to include my dog in that list. My dog will eat just about anything, including money. I've been suspecting him for a while now. It's clear now that my dog is in on the dollar hegemony conspiracy.
Kingcoal
Expert
Expert

Unread postby The_Virginian » Thu 23 Mar 2006, 22:15:50

lutherquick wrote:
Physiologically, America has the world convinced the Dollar is better than Gold. And America's foundation is now hinging on what foreigners "FEEL" and "PERCEIVE". And as long as these delusions continue, then the party goes on. The question is, when will people wise up? What event will push that first domino?

The "People" dont have "Slapdoooey" to do with it. Central banks, make these moves and manipulations....they raise intrest rates...and intrest in AU goes down...
[urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watchv=Ai4te4daLZs&feature=related[/url] "My soul longs for the candle and the spices. If only you would pour me a cup of wine for Havdalah...My heart yearning, I shall lift up my eyes to g-d, who provides for my needs day and night."
The_Virginian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics