Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

A. G Edwards Statement

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

A. G Edwards Statement

Unread postby NTBKtrader » Fri 22 Oct 2004, 14:24:06

``The market reaction shows that this is the real deal and not the action of speculators that's brought prices to this level.'' said Bill O'Grady, director of fundamental futures research at A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc. in St. Louis.

Bloomberg
NTBKtrader
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Jack » Fri 22 Oct 2004, 16:44:03

My, my. It appears that Peak Oil may, in fact, be here. When mainstream representatives of the brokerage community start to acknowledge it, then it will start to enter the public's awareness...
Jack
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby jato » Fri 22 Oct 2004, 17:15:19

It appears that Peak Oil may, in fact, be here.

No! It can't be here! I am not ready for it yet! :?
jato

Unread postby skateari » Fri 22 Oct 2004, 17:32:22

This is one of the many small reasons I have felt peak oil is either here or very close. I still see people going around saying "we have 15 years" which is complete BS. This problem WILL face the next president in the US and personally I would not want to be him. Four years is a long time, we have delayed this problem the last 4 years and 4 more just wont happen.. all the facts point to one thing; Peak Oil is here. Supply is constant, which means we cannt pump any faster because theres nothing to pump. Demand is outstreching supply more each month. Prices are continuing to rise.

Face the facts people. Prices are gradualy rising. Supply is at a platue and cannot go any higher, if anything it will start dropping. Demand however is not staying level, it is increasing just like it usualy does. For October, supply was short by demand by a few million barrels. Next month it most likely will be higher. OPEC claimed they no longer have spare compacity, which means the world has no spare compacity. Sorry folks, but if you look at whats going on around you, you may become aware that the peak is already confronting us in the face, and we really do not have much time.

If you want to deny the facts (like a few people here do, and say we have '15 years minimum) thats your own problem, but telling people that information is just plain wrong. Keep your uneducated opinions to yourself (im not talking to anyone particular ON THIS THREAD, koshnevic..)

So the question isn't, when?? Because the awnser is, NOW, but the real question is, what are we gonna do about it?
skateari
Coal
Coal

Unread postby jato » Fri 22 Oct 2004, 17:47:05

Skateari, you should start a new thread with your post. I don't want to go off topic on this news post. I want to respond, but not on this thread.

:)
jato

Unread postby Itch » Fri 22 Oct 2004, 18:00:14

Shit.
Itch
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby skateari » Fri 22 Oct 2004, 18:15:24

Ops. Sorry to go off topic here, but that link just tempted me to post it.. to much little things adding up to the big picture. Sorry, anyways heres the new poll I posted http://www.peakoil.com/post26836.html#26836 you can go reply there Jato if you want to :)
skateari
Coal
Coal

Unread postby lowem » Fri 22 Oct 2004, 19:31:50

Yup, that's right. This was also mentioned by Platts, and I blogged it down earlier :

... in the same presentation, it has also been mentioned that fund buying constitutes only up to 4% of the factors affecting crude prices on the NYMEX market. So much for the theory, or if you really want to put it that way, disinformation, pushed by some of the financial news outlets that hedge funds or speculators have been driving up the crude oil prices. Only 4%, folks, and that's official.

Ee Mien's Peak Oil Page

{Nice Page Ee Mien. Link Shortened; SL}
Live quotes - oil/gold/silver
lowem
Expert
Expert

Return to Economics & Finance