Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Rig Damage

Discuss research and forecasts regarding hydrocarbon depletion.

Rig Damage

Unread postby Aaron » Wed 28 Sep 2005, 09:17:22

Jack-ups

GSF HIGH ISLAND 3 - Beached in West Cameron

GSF ADRIATIC 7 - Beached in Eugene Island

GSF ADRIATIC 4 - Sunk on location

ROWAN LOUISIANA - Beached in West Cameron

ROWAN FORT WORTH - Beached in West Cameron

ROWAN MIDDLETOWN - Missing

NOBLE JOE ALFORD - Beached in West Cameron

ROWAN HALIFAX - Beached in East Cameron

ROWAN ODESSA - Missing

Semis

NOBLE AMOS RUNNER - Aground in Vermilion

NOBLE MAX SMITH - Aground in Eugene Island

NOBLE PAUL ROMANO - Aground in Vermilion

NOBLE LORRIS BOUZIGARD - Adrift 240 miles out

NOBLE THERALD MARTIN - Adrfit 250 miles out

FALCON 100 - Aground

OCEAN SARATOGA - Aground

OCEAN STAR - Aground

TRANSOCEAN DEEPWATER NAUTILUS - Aground in South Timbalier

TRANSOCEAN MARIANAS - Aground in Eugene Island

Spars/TLPs

CHEVRONTEXACO / BHP BILLITON - TYPHOON - Upside down in Eugene Island
The problem is, of course, that not only is economics bankrupt, but it has always been nothing more than politics in disguise... economics is a form of brain damage.

Hazel Henderson
Aaron
Resting in Peace

Re: Rig Damage

Unread postby UncoveringTruths » Wed 28 Sep 2005, 10:02:52

Here are a couple of photos I came across.

High Island 3

Unknown
It's a cold cold world when a man has to pawn his shoes.
UncoveringTruths
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby pip » Wed 28 Sep 2005, 14:19:27

Here's the text of a post on the yaho CWEI board. Heresay, but disturbing.

paste of CWEI post
by: ivorytowersecho 09/27/05 09:25 pm
Msg: 177778 of 177779

If you didn't think I was crazy before
by: Todd1956 09/27/05 10:14 am
Msg: 123996 of 124331

The following ideas (opinion based on privy data) will surely confirm your suspicions. I cannot believe that the street is as ignorant as the masses with regard to our energy situation. However they are confirming my opinion that less than 1% of the brokers/traders on Walls Street have any knowledge at all of the timeframe to bring production to market much less the time to repair the damages that have been inflicted in the GOM. This isn't just adding sand to the sandbox to fix the childrens wishes. The lack of equipment , manpower, etc was bad before the storms , now its critical and not going to be fixed with money as everyone is loaded in this sector with nowhere to spend it because of the aformentioned problems.
My source at BP has a preliminary report that would blow away the wildest of expectations with regard to lost production, damages, timeframe to return to a partial number of GOM production, as there will never be what there was before the storms. Right now the repairs have not even been contemplated as they feel that damage assessment will take till XMAS since the sub surface reviews were not anywhere near being finished from Katrina and now the scope is almost all of the GOM vs a relatively smaller area affected before. The more relavent number IMO is that after Katrina an initial estimate of daily production to be abandoned was 100k bbl/day and 500 MMCFD of gas and it appears to now be low by a factor of 2. The risk premium being applied to the ROI for existing wells is going much higher in BP's calcs and the CAPEX for future GOM development is currently being slashed for the time being. I'm not saying reduced slighlty , I'm on record as saying slashed significantly. If the giant in the pen is doing this the smaller animals in the herd will surely follow suit. This information will not be supplied to the media or the government nor the public for obvious reasons. The repair CAPEX is now almost equal to what would have been 2006 CAPEX and there is a ton of unknown damage below thw surface as I post. Until the shore facilities are repaired there will be NO pipeline assessments done and definitely no CL put through them until they are assured to be in perfect working order for environmental reasons. These additional costs have not even been factored in yet as the EPA hasn't attacked the pocketbooks yet , but they surely will at some point is the feeling in the War Room , still not operating in Houston.
Once again the lack of news from the giant will be noticed through time as they will have the worst effect on the future pricing and carryn the most weight . You can rest assured as winter gets closer without GOM production the concern will turn to worry then to panic and the spike associated in NG with the clearing picture of shortages by spring could easily cause a buying LDC panic in many large consumer markets in the North. I have predicted after Katrina that a spike to 24 is in my crystal ball with normal winter and after this am's info that I've been allowed to digest I'll stick my neck out and post a spike intraday price of $30 is not going to surprise me one bit.
Ther now the bears got all they need to commit me to a white suit...
Time will tell but IF winter is colder than normal there should be NG rationing in our future IMHO.
The road goes on forever and the party never ends - REK
pip
Coal
Coal

Unread postby pup55 » Wed 28 Sep 2005, 14:24:40

day rates

So 20 rigs floating around or sunk, times 15K per day, $300K per day being lost by the owners.
pup55
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Frontierenergy1 » Thu 29 Sep 2005, 10:35:23

$15 k a day gets you a pile of junk land rig. Those semi-subs go for a couple of hundred $k per day and I suspect the jackups are pushing a $100 k /day.

I'tll be years before these rigs are replaced or repaired.
Frontierenergy1
Wood
Wood

Unread postby UncoveringTruths » Thu 29 Sep 2005, 11:07:41

I got this from an Oil Rig Mover.

The Typoon TLP was moored in water 2097 ft. deep using six tendons. The hull is some 58 ft in diameter and the main column is 130 ft tall, with an 18 ft extension to it's underside. The topsides are designed for 40,000 b/d of oil, 60 million cf/d of gas and 15,000b/d of water production.
It's a cold cold world when a man has to pawn his shoes.
UncoveringTruths
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby pup55 » Thu 29 Sep 2005, 20:48:29

Those semi-subs go for a couple of hundred $k

I thought I was way off on that but could not find my reference, but thanks for straigtening us out.

What you are saying is, more like $3 million a day lost.
pup55
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Frontierenergy1 » Sun 02 Oct 2005, 13:04:40

I would say as a minimum $3 million/day would be a ballpark. Then the rigs have to be repaired and parts were already in short supply before the hurricanes. Not to mention the people to do the repair work. Pascagoula was a major repair port for semi's. Could be they will have to be towed to Korea for repair.

Hopefully there is no significant damage to the subsea wellheads. During Ivan I understand that there were mudslides over the shelf that buried some.

Those rigs drifting around probably drug anchor s and cables on pipelines which are not buried very deep on the sea floor..
Frontierenergy1
Wood
Wood

Return to Peak oil studies, reports & models