Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) directed $369 billion towa

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) directed $369 billion towa

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 12 Feb 2023, 22:01:57

Cleantech investment is ready to flow… but the pipes of progress are clogged. 2022 was a watershed year for federal climate change legislation. The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) directed $369 billion toward clean energy technology, infrastructure, and climate mitigation. The energy-related parts of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act add another $75 billion. This feels like progress. Notes: Over the next decade, spending on climate will more than triple historic levels. Source. This level of federal investment has the potential to be transformative. Widely cited modeling exercises (see here, here, and here) project that IRA incentives will induce *major* increases in technology deployment. For example, the REPEAT project estimates over 590 installed GW of utility solar and over 470 GW of onshore wind by 2030 (compared to 97 GW and 136 GW today) and incredible accelerations in the adoption of EVs, heat pumps, etc.

What the Energy Transition Needs Now is a Good Plumber
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) directed $369 billion

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 24 Feb 2024, 22:01:37

One year after its passing, it is clear that Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act was a failure. https://www.atr.org/irafailure/

Of course it failed! It was simply a political promise, like ObamaCare promised health care accessible for all. Why do people even listen to and debate these grandiose corporate giveaways?

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Economics & Finance