Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Unemployment Thread pt 2 (merged)

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: 45% unemployment for 29 and under

Unread postby Serial_Worrier » Wed 04 Jan 2012, 20:35:49

SeaGypsy wrote:one of very few in the demographic posting on this board. I doubt there are more than 3 regular posters here under 30.

Under 30 usually means mush for brains and not much useful to say.
Serial_Worrier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 04 Jan 2012, 22:21:44

Serial_Worrier wrote:Under 30 usually means mush for brains and not much useful to say.

Don't trust anyone over 30.

---variously attributed to Jack Weinberg, Jerry Rubin or Timothy Leary.

Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby rangerone314 » Wed 04 Jan 2012, 22:25:51

Serial_Worrier wrote:
SeaGypsy wrote:one of very few in the demographic posting on this board. I doubt there are more than 3 regular posters here under 30.

Sounds like a lot of senile folks or religious fanatics over the age of 65.
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Loki » Thu 05 Jan 2012, 00:44:32

While I probably came off as an angry Boomer-basher, that wasn't my intent. I think most theorizing about generations is crap, the softest of the soft sciences. The differences between Boomers, Gen Xer's, and Millennials---assuming these categories actually “exist”---is minimal. Crotchery old folks and useless young folks have existed since at least Socrates' time, and well before that I'm sure.

I don't deny we have some serious flaws in our culture, flaws that go back “generations” and that extend to all age cohorts. But it grinds my gears when I hear Boomers bitching about how allegedly worthless young people are today, with absolutely no understanding of what the current economy looks like to the average working-class person in their 20s or 30s. The Great Recession is reality for a lot of us, not just something we shake our head about as we read the WSJ.
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Thu 05 Jan 2012, 00:48:12

The Great Recession is reality for a lot of us, not just something we shake our head about as we read the WSJ.

As it is moreso for many Boomers who lost their retirement savings. Why do you think it is you see so many old folks doing jobs a lot of younger folks won't? Bad economy hurts everyone, it doesn't select an age group.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby ColossalContrarian » Thu 05 Jan 2012, 01:24:07

rockdoc123, the collapse of Rome was caused by youngsters too -the entire 200 year process was because of youngsters.... and can you believe!!! after all those years, youngsters still haven't learned a damn thing!!!

Go Figure...
ColossalContrarian
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Pretorian » Fri 06 Jan 2012, 17:04:38

Serial_Worrier wrote:

you ARE aware that you brain loses tens of thousands of brain cells due to age alone once you hit 28-30, right
Pretorian
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Fri 06 Jan 2012, 17:14:11

The paradox.... :wink:
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby vision-master » Fri 06 Jan 2012, 17:52:26

Marijuana might cause new cell growth in the brain :idea:

A synthetic chemical similar to the active ingredient in marijuana makes new cells grow in rat brains. What is more, in rats this cell growth appears to be linked with reducing anxiety and depression. The results suggest that marijuana, or its derivatives, could actually be good for the brain.

In mammals, new nerve cells are constantly being produced in a part of the brain called the hippocampus, which is associated with learning, memory, anxiety and depression. Other recreational drugs, such as alcohol, nicotine and cocaine, have been shown to suppress this new growth. Xia Zhang of the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Canada, and colleagues decided to see what effects a synthetic cannabinoid called HU210 had on rats' brains.

They found that giving rats high doses of HU210 twice a day for 10 days increased the rate of nerve cell formation, or neurogenesis, in the hippocampus by about 40%.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn8 ... brain.html
vision-master

Unread postby rangerone314 » Fri 06 Jan 2012, 20:06:32

Did you know you can graft cannabis on to hops vines, since they are closely related (in the same plant family)?
An ideology is by definition not a search for TRUTH-but a search for PROOF that its point of view is right

Equals barter and negotiate-people with power just take

You cant defend freedom by eliminating it-unknown

Our elected reps should wear sponsor patches on their suits so we know who they represent-like Nascar-Roy
rangerone314
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: THE Unemployment Thread pt 2 (merged)

Unread postby theluckycountry » Tue 15 Aug 2023, 18:48:32

Earlier this month, WeWork stated in a 10-Q filing that "substantial doubt exists about the company's ability to continue as a going concern." Since WeWork continues to hemorrhage cash and liquidity is running thin, the money-losing business is on its last leg.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/could ... re-markets

I remember this nose-picker. I even watched 1 minute of him spruking on youtube, that was enough. Just another huckster, just another milking operation of the American public. Of course banks will step up and fund these con jobs as well, after all it costs them nothing as the money is simply created and it keeps the facade up, keeps the total dollars in circulation rising, without which there won't be enough money in circulation to repay the interest on the old loans. And if that ever happens it's game over.

It's not hard to figure this out. Interest Must be repaid on loans, Government loans, housing loans, The system can afford some bankruptcy but not a protracted downturn in money supply. That was the problem in 1930's if you recall. Not enough money in the system, the system collapsed. So for now hundreds of billions will be created for the ukraine, for esoteric startups, for crap like tesla and space-X. But never for roads or anything productive, not for anything that would actually lift the standard of living for the average American. There is little profit in that stuff for the pump and dump crowd that is behind all this insanity.

Oh that's right Plant, it's not wealthy elites, it's Biden, it's all Biden :roll:
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to North America Discussion