Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Global Population Thread Pt. 4

Re: THE Global Population Thread Pt. 4

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 21 Jul 2023, 21:33:20

ralfy wrote:Peak oil per capita took place in 1979, and according to the IEA, conventional production started to peak after 2005, so the claim that it won't take place or that it's a theory no longer makes sense.

Tell it to the experts in your video who said otherwise.

ralfy wrote:Similarly, the issue with peak demand makes no sense, either,......

Tell it to the experts in your video who indicated otherwise.
ralfy wrote:Given that, it's possible that the scientist's point isn't that peak oil won't take place (because it already did) but that human beings can't allow it to take place.

The video was 2015, the most recent peak oil was 3 years in the future, so it already hadn't, and I wouldn't let you speculate on a scientist's point of view until you disavow the religious extremism and father figure leanings that Matt claimed you suffered from as one of his followers.
ralfy wrote:Given supply and demand, demand should have gone down, but it didn't. Meanwhile, if the price remains high or goes even higher, then financial crises take place.

The other times you claimed "should have" and as it turns out...you don't ask you anything about "should haves" for the number of times the result was...."but it didn't".
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 22 Jul 2023, 04:24:45

ralfy wrote:It's not a movie but a documentary, and is a recording of a multimedia lecture that the scientist has been giving several times to various groups.

Yes I understand that, it's just that it's made up like a movie and all the actors (so to speak) are very well paid no doubt. I'm just over these people spruking the same message and getting rich in the process.

sir david attenbrough flies all over the world First Class, leasing Helicopters to tour deserts, submersibles to explore the ocean, all the while telling us carbon is the killer and we need to stop wrecking the planet.

David Attenborough makes over a million pounds a year saving the planet. And what does he spend it on?

David Attenborough Car Collection includes his Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe. Finished in a very stunning spec. The Land Yacht comes to power by a 6.75-litre Turbocharged V12 making 460 horses and 720 nm torque. The car reportedly costs around $500,000. It has a top speed of 160

Then there is his Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6. Finished in a very sick spec. The G63 AMG 6X6 costs a whopping $1Million. 100 examples of the 6X6 exists. The 6X6’s heart beats by a 5.5Litre Turbo-charged V8 which produces 700 Horsepower and 760Nm Torque.

https://21motoring.com/david-attenborou ... enborough/

Very eco friendly-NOT

No monkeys on his back.

He's just another rich turd who sold his soul and credibility for the $
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 22 Jul 2023, 07:09:41

And then Great Thornburg.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jato0072 » Sat 22 Jul 2023, 09:42:27

sir david attenbrough flies all over the world First Class, leasing Helicopters to tour deserts, submersibles to explore the ocean, all the while telling us carbon is the killer and we need to stop wrecking the planet.

...and people, especially well educated indoctrinated people are increasingly falling for the scam. Humans are dumber than yeast.
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 22 Jul 2023, 10:56:24

Newfie wrote:And then Great Thornburg.

Don't know if she is great. Famous maybe.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ralfy » Sat 22 Jul 2023, 20:23:57

theluckycountry wrote:
ralfy wrote:It's not a movie but a documentary, and is a recording of a multimedia lecture that the scientist has been giving several times to various groups.

Yes I understand that, it's just that it's made up like a movie and all the actors (so to speak) are very well paid no doubt. I'm just over these people spruking the same message and getting rich in the process.

David Attenborough makes over a million pounds a year saving the planet. And what does he spend it on?

David Attenborough Car Collection includes his Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe. Finished in a very stunning spec. The Land Yacht comes to power by a 6.75-litre Turbocharged V12 making 460 horses and 720 nm torque. The car reportedly costs around $500,000. It has a top speed of 160

Then there is his Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6. Finished in a very sick spec. The G63 AMG 6X6 costs a whopping $1Million. 100 examples of the 6X6 exists. The 6X6’s heart beats by a 5.5Litre Turbo-charged V8 which produces 700 Horsepower and 760Nm Torque.

https://21motoring.com/david-attenborou ... enborough/

Very eco friendly-NOT

No monkeys on his back.

He's just another rich turd who sold his soul and credibility for the $

It's not made up like a movie but the actual lecture. There are no actors in it but only one speaker.

In my case, I look at the content of the feature, not the speaker's background. I shared this only because most of the points raised in it mirrors what's said in this forum.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sat 22 Jul 2023, 22:08:30

ralfy wrote:
It's not made up like a movie but the actual lecture. There are no actors in it but only one speaker.

In my case, I look at the content of the feature, not the speaker's background. I shared this only because most of the points raised in it mirrors what's said in this forum.

Yes it was a good lecture, I don't disagree with you there. Thanks for posting, there is always someone who needs to get the wakeup call hey?
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sun 23 Jul 2023, 17:26:25

Population Expert Says UK Needs to Raise Fertility Rates or Face a Stark Choice Between Decline and Immigration
Demographer and author Paul Morland said if British people did not start having more children the country faced a “demographic nightmare” like Japan, which has seen a shrinking and ageing population which threatens its economic future...

...In 2020 Britain’s total fertility rate (TFR)—the number of children born per woman—stood at 1.58 in England and Wales, and was 1.29 in Scotland. That compared to 2.93 in the UK at the end of the Second World War...

...He said: “How long will anti-immigrant sentiment in the country remain when people find there’s no bus, there’s no one to make an appointment with at the health service, no one to drive the tankers to the petrol station?”

Mr. Morland said the prime minister of Japan, Fumio Kishida, had gone so far as to warn of “societal collapse” if the Japanese did not raise their fertility rate.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/world/pop ... on-5413821

So much for the obvious, based on unlimited energy, now let's look at the not so obvious and realistic case. How many jobs in Britain, or in any developed nation for that matter, depend on OIL and oil wealth? All driving jobs, many white collar jobs, a fair proportion of the parasitic workers buffing nails and cleaning driveways and walking dogs for people too busy to do these menial tasks themselves. And most retail jobs I would assume too since retail spending as we know it today is really just a side-effect of the oil wealth we've been collectively drawing down. Here in Oz retail is 50% of the non-government workforce. That's huge!

So growth, the exponential population growth we have witnessed since the end of WWII and the onset of the Green Revolution, has to end anyway doesn't it. As the oil goes, so do all these jobs, and Lord only knows what the 80% or so of people who lose them are going to do. Will they return to the farm and plow like 100 years ago? The sudden "dieoff" of a large fraction of the over 55's would solve the problem I assume but we can't count on that.

It's a dilemma to be sure and in 20 or 30 years when we are really in trouble with depletion, the (no kids) millennials who are complaining today will be in their 60's and who is going to work to feed them? Keep your powder dry.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate