Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

SCOTUS Supreme Court of the United States Pt.2

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: SCOTUS Supreme Court of the United States Pt.2

Unread postby careinke » Fri 30 Jun 2023, 14:20:59

The Supreme Court has made me very happy this week. Sanity may be returning to America.

Who knows maybe the SEC and Fed will follow.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 30 Jun 2023, 16:38:26

careinke wrote:The Supreme Court has made me very happy this week. Sanity may be returning to America.

Peace

As much as I hate to admit it, I must agree. Those who benefitted from the equivalent of the "good ol' boy" network way back when can perhaps do so again. No reason non good ol' boys (and girls) can't stay downtrodden at least until those of us old enough to remember the good ol' days die off.

But I am still waiting for the ability of citizens to carry guns equally under the law in all states and locales upon passing the requisite tests. This nonsense of having to disarm and lock firearms and ammo in a trunk after having passed every test and condition mandated by the benign overlords in one location but outlawed in another is ridiculous for interstate travel.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 03 Jul 2023, 02:25:02

careinke wrote:The Supreme Court has made me very happy this week. Sanity may be returning to America.

Peace

One of the more amusing things about the affirmative action SCOTUS case is that before the decision all the colleges and universities were swearing that that they didn't discriminate in admissions on the basis of race, and now after the SCOTUS decision colleges and universities are whining that they can't have a diverse student body if they aren't allowed to discriminate on the basis of race.

SHEESH!!!!!

Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to North America Discussion