Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The U.S. Capitol Insurrection of 2021

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: The U.S. Capitol Insurrection of 2021

Unread postby Pops » Tue 04 Jan 2022, 09:50:48

Wow.

Q must be proud.
I still can't believe the self-delusion, is it mass hysteria?
It's uncanny.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Pops » Thu 06 Jan 2022, 14:07:10

Biden said trump is a liar and a loser whose ego matters more to him than democracy.
About time.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 07 Jan 2022, 00:20:25

Pops wrote:Biden said trump is a liar and a loser whose ego matters more to him than democracy.
About time.

IMHO its sad to see biden wasting his time bashing Trump. For heavens sake....the 2020 election happened over a year ago. Biden is the president now....he should be bringing the country together instead of demeaning the presidency by using the bully pulpit to bash Trump.

I'm sure most people would rather see Biden actually doing his job instead of screaming at Trump

Biden seems to have forgotten about his various promises to end the Covid pandemic, to end inflation, and to bring the country together.

But the country hasn't forgotten that Biden lied when he made those promises.

Biden has dithered a year away now, obsessing about Trump instead of doing his job.

Biden lied....and hundreds of thousands of people have died on his watch from covid. And thousands more are still dying every month due to Biden's incompetence....

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 07 Jan 2022, 09:14:25

Plant,

The reason Noe is bashing Trump is because they have no other unifying for e. Without Trump the D party comes apart, too many differences in the coalition.

Much the same can be said for the R’s. They rally around Trump in opposition to the D’s.

I would not be surprised to see one of the parties break apart with more central group trying to take some support from the others center part. The two parties have drawn to far to the extreme.

This may look like a:
Progressive - Center D - R grouping
Or
D - Center R - R grouping.

Ot saying it is likely, but possible.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 07 Jan 2022, 13:15:29

Newfie wrote:Plant.... Without Trump the D party comes apart, too many differences in the coalition.
Much the same can be said for the R’s. They rally around Trump in opposition to the D’s.
I would not be surprised to see one of the parties break apart with more central group trying to take some support from the others center part. The two parties have drawn to far to the extreme.
This may look like a:
Progressive - Center D - R grouping
Or
D - Center R - R grouping.
NOt saying it is likely, but possible.

I Don't see the Ds breaking apart because I think the extreme left "progressives" have pretty much taken over in the D party.

There are maybe 2 D centrists left in the Senate....Manchin and Sinema.

And the house is even more far left then the Ds in the Senate.

The Ds now pretty much universally support crazy things like eliminating bail for felons, not prosecuting people for things like shoplifting or drug crimes, and the newest insanity from the Ds in New York City....reducing armed robbery from a felony crime to a misdemeanor.

The Ds have crafted policies that support homeless drug addicts living on the streets and shoplifting at will. Go into almost any major US city run by the Ds and its much more crime invested then it was 2 years ago.

IMHO, rather then the two parties splitting apart, I see the two party system working rather well. As the Ds become more progressive and crazy, independents are moving towards the Rs.

And the Rs...rather then splitting apart....are likely to win big in the next election, taking back the House and Senate from the crazy leftist Ds.

Yes....Trump is a problem for the Rs.....but Biden is an even bigger problem for the Ds.

And the Ds and the MSM are really going too far with their endless caterwauling about the Capitol riot on Jan. 6. Just yesterday a D commentator on MSNBC said the capitol hill riot was worse then the Holocaust. Thats utterly crazy.......but crazy is what the Ds do these days.

Woke-Democrat-sparks-fury-comparing-January-6-riot-HOLOCAUST.

I predict the far left Ds new policies of siding with criminals will be repudiated by the voters

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Pops » Fri 07 Jan 2022, 14:18:34

The reason to bash trump is he presents a clear threat to the republic and just ignoring him won't do.
No president ever instigated a riot with the express intention of disrupting congressional vote certification.
No president even pressured his VP to reject the electoral vote
No President ever has lied so long and so loud about an election—thought lots have lied to cover bad stuff like wars, chopping down cherry trees, etc.

Of course most republican leaders are brown-nose dittoheads to trump lies so there is plenty of blame to go around.

Play it down to make yourself feel better but this isn't over by a long shot. I never thought I'd do it but here is Dick Cheney on republicans (who BTW were not in attendance):
Asked why he came to the Capitol this day [Jan 6], Cheney said, "It's an important historical event," referring to the anniversary of the insurrection. "You can't overestimate how important it is."
He added, "I'm deeply disappointed we don't have better leadership in the Republican Party to restore the Constitution."
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dick-ch ... d=82112349

According to one recent poll, 30% of Republicans agree with the statement, “Because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country.” This figure is especially high among those who believe Trump’s false claim that President Biden and the Democrats stole the 2020 election.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-fr ... urrection/
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 07 Jan 2022, 19:19:54

Pops wrote:The reason to bash trump is he presents a clear threat to the republic and just ignoring him won't do.
No president ever instigated a riot with the express intention of disrupting congressional vote certification.

Your claim isn't true.

Its really just another crazy conspiracy theory about Trump.

Back here in the real world there was no "express intention of disrupting" Congressional proceedings by Trump.

Quite the opposite.

Trump's plan was to have R legislators, in accordance with the rules of Congress, challenge congressional certification.

This required congress to be in session.

Its ironic, but the riot by the Trump supporters actually disrupted this effort by R legislators in Congress to carry out Trump's plan.

Pops wrote:Play it down to make yourself feel better but this isn't over by a long shot.
'

I'm not playing it down to make myself feel better. I'm playing it down because the Ds have gone into hyperbolic hysteria over the Capitol riot. Just yesterday a leading D on MSNBC said the Jan. 6 riots were comparable to the HOLOCAUST. For heaven's sake....thats just ridiculous.

Personally, I don't like any riot.

For instance, I think the BLM riots and looting and arson during the summer, which resulted in multiple deaths and the theft and destruction of hundreds of millions of property, were bad.

I think the weeks long riots at the White House, which injured dozens of secret service agents and other federal agents as they fought the BLM/Antifa mob to protect the White House, were also bad.

And I think the White House riot on Jan. 6th was bad.

Pops wrote:I never thought I'd do it but here is Dick Cheney

Yes, I told you Dick Cheney wasn't so bad years ago. I'm glad to see you've finally figured it out.

Pops wrote:] According to one recent poll, 30% of Republicans agree with the statement, “Because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country.”

Thats unfortunate but I bet an even higher percentage of Ds support BLM and antifa when they riot and loot and using violence in the name of "equity." The Ds spent the last four years pushing a crazy conspiracy theory that Trump was a "russian asset." And now the Ds are claiming the January 6 riots are like the Holocaust and pushing a new conspiracy theory that Trump planned the riot. Come on, Ds......calm down and lets get back to the job of working together to make this a better country.

The Ds have spent the last 5 years pushing crazy conspiracy theories and dreaming that Trump is going to be frog marched away to do hard time. Now the Ds have spun up a new conspiracy theory about the Jan. 6 capitol riot. Its time for Ds to stop their crazy conspiracy theories and come back to reality.

Cheers!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Re: US Banking Collapses Pt.1

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 25 May 2023, 15:14:50

mousepad wrote: One piece at a time, and once the demwit voters realize what happened. Well by then it's too late.

Oh, it isn't exclusive to Demwits, but dimwits in general. Obviously some groups have more dimwits than others.
Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes sentenced to 18 years for Capitol riot I wonder when the convictions and punishment will make its way up to the folks who ordered these American Hero DimWit Traitors into action?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mousepad » Thu 25 May 2023, 15:25:18

AdamB wrote:
mousepad wrote: One piece at a time, and once the demwit voters realize what happened. Well by then it's too late.

Oh, it isn't exclusive to Demwits, but dimwits in general. Obviously some groups have more dimwits than others.
Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes sentenced to 18 years for Capitol riot I wonder when the convictions and punishment will make its way up to the folks who ordered these American Hero DimWit Traitors into action?

:-D You're riot with your fixation on trying to label it a riot. :-D :-D :-D
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 25 May 2023, 20:39:45

mousepad wrote: :-D You're riot with your fixation on trying to label it a riot. :-D :-D :-D

Well, a riot usually doesn't require the folks defending against the rioters to use firearms to kill rioters, you see fire hoses, dogs, horses, tear gas and stuff. After it became obvious that the called for riot had turned into folks hunting down members of Congress to hang them, and began backing folks into rooms they couldn't escape from, well...then firearms came out. The good news being that the seditionists really weren't modern day Confederates, and only caricatures of revolutionaries. Sort of like their Dear Leader...a caricature of a leader. Nasty stuff, insurrections, goverment overthrow, etc etc.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mousepad » Thu 25 May 2023, 22:25:19

AdamB wrote:Nasty stuff, goverment overthrow, etc etc.

Right out of the Declaration of Independence:
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness

They were not insurgents, they were freedom fighter after all.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 25 May 2023, 22:47:49

mousepad wrote:Right out of the Declaration of Independence:
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness

Freedom fighters...good one! Nonsense of course. But a great quote to try and frame you point around.

So what does someone who lost an election fair and square overthrowing the government have to do with "destructive of these ends"? Fair and honest elections aren't ends, to be destroyed, but to be cherished as the world's old democracy.

The quote is great. I've got one for you.

§2384. Seditious conspiracy
If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808 ; July 24, 1956, ch. 678, §1, 70 Stat. 623 ; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, §330016(1)(N), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148 .)
Last edited by AdamB on Thu 25 May 2023, 23:35:51, edited 1 time in total.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby careinke » Thu 25 May 2023, 23:01:24

AdamB wrote:
mousepad wrote:Right out of the Declaration of Independence:

Freedom fighters...good one! Nonsense of course. But a great quote to try and frame you point around.

So what does someone who lost an election fair and square overthrowing the government have to do with "destructure of these ends"? Fair and honest elections aren't ends, to be destroyed, but to be cherished as the world's old democracy.

The quote is great. I've got one for you.

§2384. Seditious conspiracy
If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808 ; July 24, 1956, ch. 678, §1, 70 Stat. 623 ; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, §330016(1)(N), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148 .)

Sounds like Killory has some serious problems ahead of her. Not to mention the Biden crime family. Pigs should not throw stones.

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby mousepad » Fri 26 May 2023, 07:42:03

AdamB wrote:§2384. Seditious conspiracy

yes. That's from Code of Law.
The Declaration of Independence is the philosophical foundation of the nation. It's above all and everything. The Consitituation must follow the philosophy of the Declaration.
The Code of Law is second tier legal mambo jumbo.

Obviously a government (especially an evil one) will try to protect itself by all means, legal and other. I'm sure they have similar text in the constitution of north korea, china and russia. "This evil empire is not to be dismantled".

The text in the Declaration of Independence is clear. There's a Right and Duty to abolish a government that does not serve the People.

However there's also this text in the Declaration:
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

That's the point you can argue. Is the threshold reached where the gov does not serve the People any longer? Hard to say.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Previous

Return to North America Discussion