Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

What should the next US tax code look like?

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: What should the next US tax code look like?

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 02 Jan 2023, 10:40:41

vtsnowedin wrote:I detect a Bot.

There is something called chatGT or something like that floating around, I know of another peak oil forum that has been using it to write actual posts, you feed it a phrase to start with, and it builds a story around it. Seems to do okay, it isn't immediately obvious that it is a bot, it writes very similar to this bot.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Tanada » Mon 02 Jan 2023, 12:24:36

AdamB wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:I detect a Bot.

There is something called chatGT or something like that floating around, I know of another peak oil forum that has been using it to write actual posts, you feed it a phrase to start with, and it builds a story around it. Seems to do okay, it isn't immediately obvious that it is a bot, it writes very similar to this bot.

There are at least a couple "ghost writer" programs around that are marketed to new authors. You type in the first line or two of text and it writes the rest of the page of the story. You then read what it gives you and write the first line or two of the next page to direct the software in the direction you want the story to go. I have never used them myself and publishers are not fond of them either. Partly because for anything longer than a newspaper column or magazine article they tend to be easy to spot because they repeat the same type of scene in longer pieces. A romantic tryst in Chapter One might be duplicated in Chapter Five just because that is how the software knows to write romantic encounters. Lazy authors let the software repeat stuff and the story gets formulaic and boring pretty quickly. A less lazy author goes through the text and personalizes it changing scene elements and word choices, but the overall story is still pretty much the software formula chapter after chapter.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby careinke » Mon 02 Jan 2023, 15:00:14

I suspect every Hallmark movies use the same program for their scripts. :lol:

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 05 Jan 2023, 08:11:39

Political speeches come to my mind.

That aside it is an interesting topic. The tax codes likely need adjustment due to the wider introduction of robots and AI. They each displace workers who were formally tax payers who now become welfare consumers.

I am far from an expert but maybe some kind of VAT is appropriate.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance