Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Catalyst for economic collapse

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Catalyst for economic collapse

Unread postby JuanP » Sat 09 Jul 2022, 17:13:59

onlooker wrote:What will be the initial straw that will break the Economy's back? Perhaps something exogenous to the Economy?

Going back to some of the original questions that started this thread. I believe that the many costs of sustaining the American Empire and attempting to achieve total global hegemony are what will cause the coming economic collapse of the USA.

This speech by US Air Force Major General Cameron Holt, the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, dwells on some aspects of this issue.

Full disclosure: Some parts of this speech will be extremely disagreeable to American exceptionalists.

"Watch Maj. Gen. Cameron Holt, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition (Contracting), deliver a sobering and impactful talk on the threats America faces, misaligned incentives in defense contracting, and ..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyxJ36I2dLo
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Sun 10 Jul 2022, 06:44:49

JuanP wrote:
Full disclosure: Some parts of this speech will be extremely disagreeable to American exceptionalists.

The New world Order is a transfer of power from the Old World Order, the US, to someone who isn't broke.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 30 Aug 2023, 06:24:09

that was a thread killer
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 30 Aug 2023, 06:26:46

Pops wrote:Puuuleeese! Spare me.

Attacking me as a racist to assuage your guilt is perfect example of the infantile blame-shifting "I'm rubber, you're glue" pseudo-argument popularized by trump and the rest of the know-nothings. Anti-immigrant fervor —fever— is the basest reactionary impulse, pretending to talk about it as if it is simply economic policy is a farce.

You want to know the catalyst for collapse? Look no further

Pops last post. This is how a society collapses, everyone at each others throats.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mousepad » Wed 30 Aug 2023, 08:53:02

theluckycountry wrote:
Pops wrote:Puuuleeese! Spare me.

Attacking me as a racist to assuage your guilt is perfect example of the infantile blame-shifting "I'm rubber, you're glue" pseudo-argument popularized by trump and the rest of the know-nothings. Anti-immigrant fervor —fever— is the basest reactionary impulse, pretending to talk about it as if it is simply economic policy is a farce.

You want to know the catalyst for collapse? Look no further

Pops last post. This is how a society collapses, everyone at each others throats.

That guy used to make such good posts. And then he all of a sudden went full self-hate woke democrat drone. Sad.
mousepad
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 06 Sep 2023, 04:36:42

mousepad wrote:
That guy used to make such good posts. And then he all of a sudden went full self-hate woke democrat drone. Sad.

I know, he's the only one on my friend list too :-D

I worry about society sometimes. People of intelligence and strength of mind come here to read and discuss these daunting issues facing us, and they lose the plot? What's going to happen to the unthinking masses out there when they realize that our suburban mall based social contract is going away?

après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance