Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Tim Kaine: Virginia Senator

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Veep Tim Kaine: Christian, gun reform, Virginia Senator

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 07:28:55

Kaine knows who butters his bread. The same big banks that pay Hillary $250k for a speech that must remain secret. The fix is in with the Clinton's and the Kaine's. Of course Democrats will ignore all of this. Except perhaps the Bernie supporters. Hillary has spread her legs wide for the banking industry.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tim ... ddc4d2c86c

Kaine signed two letters on Monday urging federal regulators to go easy on banks ― one to help big banks dodge risk management rules, and another to help small banks avoid consumer protection standards.

In a letter to Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen, Comptroller of the Currency Thomas Curry and FDIC Chair Martin Gruenberg, Kaine argues that it is unfair for these large banks to be required to calculate and report their liquidity ― a critical measure of risk ― on a daily basis. Kaine wants to change that reporting to once a month. Kaine, along with Sens. Mark Warner (D-Va.), Gary Peters (D-Mich.) and Robert Casey (D-Pa.), argues that bigger banks don’t necessarily carry bigger risks, and thus shouldn’t face more aggressive oversight.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Lore » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 08:59:20

Cog wrote:
Lore wrote:Kain has supported a woman's right to choose. How is that anti-Christian?

Because it is Catholic church doctrine as well as most Protestant church doctrine that abortion is murder, notwithstanding SCOTUS rulings that say otherwise. If Kaine doesn't have a problem crushing a baby's skull or sucking its brains out so its easier to abort, its hard to say he is a good Catholic.

A women's right to choose puts the responsibility on the women to make those decisions. Just as the right to bare arms means you have choice to use your weapon responsibly, or are you against individual rights when they don't suit your narrow ideology?
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 09:25:39

Can you find the right to have an abortion enumerated in the Constitution?

As I recall, on any discussion involving guns, you have maintained you want them all banned. So much for respecting rights. LOL
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Lore » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 09:45:35

Cog wrote:Can you find the right to have an abortion enumerated in the Constitution?

As I recall, on any discussion involving guns, you have maintained you want them all banned. So much for respecting rights. LOL

There is already an amendment describing individual rights within the Constitution. No need to create another.

Where did I ever say I wanted all guns banned? You sound like Trump! :lol:
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 09:59:59

Did you not say in another thread?:

Just stop the maufacturing of ammo.

Quacks like a duck, walks like a duck. Your are the duck.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby GHung » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 10:05:34

It's telling how Cog doesn't want the government interfering in his life, but is perfectly fine with government and religion controlling womens' bodies. Can you spell sexist hypocrite? Betcha can...
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 10:13:36

I do not believe I am on the ballot.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of someone who hides behind Catholicism and maintains a political position contrary to it. But so far no Democrat seems to have a problem with hypocrisy as long as Queen Hillary wins.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby GHung » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 10:38:25

I have respect for those Americans who have enough respect for others to not impose their own religious beliefs on other Americans. Gosh, Cog, maybe you skipped the First Amendment on your way to the second. Indeed, anyone who attempts to infringe on my First Amendment rights may well find me exercising my Second Amendment rights. Keep your nasty hypocritical religions to yourselves.

Seems Kaine gets that.

BTW, I'm not a Democrat or Republican. I'm a life-long Independent, not registered under any party. Indeed, the only thing I consider worse than a hard-core neo-liberal Democrat is a religiose neo-con Republican.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Lore » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 10:49:11

Cog wrote:Did you not say in another thread?:

Just stop the maufacturing of ammo.

Quacks like a duck, walks like a duck. Your are the duck.

No, did I say every kind of ammo? I believe guns need to be regulated as prescribed by the Constitution. That does not take away your right to own one.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 10:54:23

A ban on AR's as both Kaine and Clinton propose certainly would take away my right. Regulation does not mean want you think it means vis-à-vis the Second Amendment. Means well trained and I certainly fit that definition. In any event, the second clause of the 2nd Amendment refers to the right of the people. That is all the people and SCOTUS has already ruled on that. Shall not be infringed is crystal clear except to a gun banner.

Kaine is just another northeastern liberal masquerading with a false front of being a Christian. He is nothing of the sort and if pro-life Democrats actually exist, they should know what they are voting for.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby GHung » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 11:08:31

Pro-life and pro-choice are only mutually exclusive to binary-thinking simpleton control freaks.
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 11:10:44

GHung wrote:It's telling how Cog doesn't want the government interfering in his life, but is perfectly fine with government and religion controlling womens' bodies. Can you spell sexist hypocrite? Betcha can...

When a woman decides to murder her baby that is between her and God. When the government makes me pay for it they make if my business.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby GHung » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 11:25:02

Subjectivist wrote:
GHung wrote:It's telling how Cog doesn't want the government interfering in his life, but is perfectly fine with government and religion controlling womens' bodies. Can you spell sexist hypocrite? Betcha can...

When a woman decides to murder her baby that is between her and God. When the government makes me pay for it they make if my business.

They make us pay for a lot of things I consider detestable, like killing babies in other parts of the world, with my tax dollars going to "police actions" and wars-of-choice. Funny how so many so-called Thou-Shalt-Not-Kill Christians don't have much problem with that. God doesn't sanction "collateral damage". Meanwhile, most hard-core Christians I know bitch constantly about paying for poor babies to be born into poverty; people who'll be on the taxpayer dole for life. It's hypocrisy at its finest, eh?

God forbid we spend a tiny fraction of our budget on family planning while spending over half of our discretionary budget to kill babies in Syria and other imperial military exploits based on even bigger lies.
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Lore » Sun 24 Jul 2016, 11:35:48

Good points GHung. Abortions have actually decreased in the US from 2010 with better access to planned parenthood. So, giving a woman more choices has actually saved more unborn lives.

Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
“Better access to birth control and sex education are the biggest factors in reducing unintended pregnancies,” said Cecile Richards, president of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, in a statement to the AP. “More restrictive abortion laws do not reduce the need for abortions.”
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/06 ... s-decline/
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Re: Tim Kaine: Virginia Senator

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 30 Nov 2021, 23:03:55

After a few rather quiet years Senator Kaine is back in the news.

Sen. Kaine: ‘Yes,’ Biden Will Secure Southern Border

(CNS News) -- When asked if President Joe Biden would secure the southern border, Senator Tim Kaine (D-Va.) said, “Yes.”

At the U.S. Capitol on Thursday, CNS News asked the senator, “Will President Biden secure the southern border?”

Kaine responded, “Yes.”

Biden’s border neglect began the first week of his presidency when he revoked former President Donald Trump’s executive order that focused on strengthening the southern border policies to prevent illegal immigration. This included halting construction of the wall.

“The policy of my Administration is to protect national and border security, address the humanitarian challenges at the southern border, and ensure public health and safety,” Biden wrote in his order. “My Administration will reset the policies and practices for enforcing civil immigration laws to align enforcement with these values and priorities.”

Biden believed Trump’s policies were too harsh, but they worked.

Southern border encounters have increased 238% during Biden’s first fiscal year as president, reported U.S. Customs and Border Protections.

LINK
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to North America Discussion