Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Turkmenistan

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Turkmenistan May Hold Massive Oil Resources

Unread postby Starvid » Mon 06 Jul 2009, 21:22:20

Mike Morin wrote:Halliburton (remember Dick Cheney) builds pipelines and military logistics, and other oil and gas field and related supplies. Then there's EXXON-Mobil, Shell, BP, Chevron and a host of others. Then there's the "folks" that builds terminals, then there are tankers to be used, perhaps built. Then there's the entire Capitalist Financial system which has an insane growth imperative. $2 billion for a pipeline is chumps' change.

The idea with building a pipeline like this is making money. Explain to me how it would make money.

Also explain why Afghanisan would be the prefered route, when there is in reality better routes.

Besides, how much revenge do you want from the Afghanis?

I don't want revenge. I'm not the US government or even American. The mission now is to make sure the Talibans don't take over again.

Will the USA be satisfied when they have committed total genocide? At least then, their pipeline will be secure.

If the Americans had wanted to commit genocide on the Afghans there wouldn't be a single Afghan left after 8 years of war. Indeed, not even after 8 minutes.

How do you define genocide?

"any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."
Peak oil is not an energy crisis. It is a liquid fuel crisis.
Starvid
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Starvid » Mon 06 Jul 2009, 21:36:14

OilFinder2 wrote:Lawmakers issued reports on developing a draft for exploration licenses. Turkmen reserves in the Caspian are estimated at 80 billion barrels of oil and some 194 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.

P1, P2, P3?

You know just as well as I do that those numbers are absolute vapor until the formations are actually drilled.
Starvid
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Mike Morin » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 00:31:44

Starvid wrote:
Mike Morin wrote:Halliburton (remember Dick Cheney) builds pipelines and military logistics, and other oil and gas field and related supplies. Then there's EXXON-Mobil, Shell, BP, Chevron and a host of others. Then there's the "folks" that builds terminals, then there are tankers to be used, perhaps built. Then there's the entire Capitalist Financial system which has an insane growth imperative. $2 billion for a pipeline is chumps' change.

Starvid wrote:The idea with building a pipeline like this is making money. Explain to me how it would make money.

The pipeline itself may or may not make money. I suppose, a pipeline could be leased to users of the gas and oil flow or sold to one company that "harvests" the gas and oil. There are many possibilities. Most likely the pipelines would be considered a capital cost for a consortium of investors who would sell the gas and oil.

Starvid wrote: Also explain why Afghanisan would be the prefered route, when there is in reality better routes.

Because going through Afghanistan and Western Pakistan would allow the multinational conglomerate corporations to port on the Arabian Sea, an area already under US and Allied Naval protectorate and would be part of the existing shipping lanes for The US led Capitalist Conglomerates commercial vessels.

What would be better routes? Why?

Besides, how much revenge do you want from the Afghanis?

Starvid wrote:The mission now is to make sure the Talibans don't take over again.?

How are you, excuse me, "they" going to assure that?

What is wrong with letting the Afghanis determine their own fate? Because the Taliban are soldiers and the USA doesn't want soldiers dictating the terms of the peace in the area?

[
Mike Morin
Peat
Peat

Unread postby copious.abundance » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 15:07:35

Starvid wrote:
OilFinder2 wrote:Lawmakers issued reports on developing a draft for exploration licenses. Turkmen reserves in the Caspian are estimated at 80 billion barrels of oil and some 194 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.

P1, P2, P3?

You know just as well as I do that those numbers are absolute vapor until the formations are actually drilled.

You are correct, of course. But I'll be sure to keep y'all updated. :)
Stuff for doomers to contemplate:
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1190117.html#p1190117
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1193930.html#p1193930
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1206767.html#p1206767
copious.abundance
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Starvid » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 17:40:44

Mike Morin wrote:
Starvid wrote:The mission now is to make sure the Talibans don't take over again.?

How are you, excuse me, "they" going to assure that?

By denying them safe zones, training camps and so on. Like they are doing now and have been doing for the last 8 years.

Mike Morin wrote:What is wrong with letting the Afghanis determine their own fate? Because the Taliban are soldiers and the USA doesn't want soldiers dictating the terms of the peace in the area?

The US couldn't care less if the "Afghans" (Taliban and al-Qaida rather) want to live according to their medieval ways, but as long as they commit acts of war (like 9/11) against the US, the US has every right in the world to respond to that with force. As long as they'll want to provide al-Qaida with safe havens, the Americans will stay.

I do notice that you have ignored answering my previous questions (because you cannot answer them; if you can do it, I'm waiting...) and instead moved on to new strawmen. So let me remind you.

1. Who will build the pipeline?

2. Who will finance it?

3. How will it make money?

4. Why route it through Afghanistan?

5. Where will it get the "liquid fuels" from, given that Turkmenistan has no proved oil reserves of any magnitude and certainly didn't have it in 2001?

6. If it's the reason for the "genocidal"* (pah!) Afghan war, why hasn't it been built 8 years after the invasion? Why hasn't even a single step been taken in that direction?

* 10.000-30.000 dead civilians in 8 years, compared to the 1.000.000 dead in the 1979-1989 Soviet-Afghan war. Something tells me you weren't railing against the Soviet genocide back in the days... or the innumerable casualties of the 1989-2001 civil war.
Starvid
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Mike Morin » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 18:30:21

Starvid,

Maybe the world should deny the bully USA safe zones and military training camps.

Gluttons, thieves, oppressors, and genocidal thugs are what the USA and their allies are..

I have answered your questions. It is you who refuse to answer mine except to give me the American Military Imperialist propaganda line regarding the Taliban.

By the way, is the Taliban an organization or a culture?

MM
Mike Morin
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Starvid » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 18:43:55

Yeah yeah whatever dude... I'll leave the decision to decide who's the troll in this debate to the readers.
Starvid
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Mike Morin » Tue 07 Jul 2009, 19:28:20

Oh Starvid, you're so authoritarian.

Important to get the last word, so you initiate name calling.

I don't know what a troll is, but I invite the input of others relative to this discussion.
Mike Morin
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Starvid » Wed 08 Jul 2009, 03:55:38

Authoritarian hierarchical anti-feminst hippiebashing militarist white male Keynesian nuclear engineering-student Exxon shareholder, that's me.

And I eat kittens too.
Starvid
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Fredrik » Wed 08 Jul 2009, 04:12:39

Mike Morin wrote:Gluttons, thieves, oppressors, and genocidal thugs are what the USA and their allies are..

Mostly true, but is Taleban rule any better? Or would you have more sympathy for them because they represent the local culture?
"Only scarcity and effort make life worth living."
"A fundamental, devastating error is to set up a political system based on [individual] desires." -Pentti Linkola
Fredrik
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby dissident » Wed 08 Jul 2009, 08:09:24

Don't forget that the Taliban were a creation of Pakistan's ISI and the CIA. Pakistan was and still is a client state of the USA. The current guerrilas in northern Pakistan and southern Afghanistan are not the same Taliban that was in power in the 1990s. The imperial adventure in Afghanistan is spawning genuine resistance.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dorlomin » Thu 09 Jul 2009, 15:48:07

dissident wrote:Don't forget that the Taliban were a creation of Pakistan's ISI and the CIA. Pakistan was and still is a client state of the USA.

ISI yes, CIA no. And Pakistan has never been a client state of the US, it has been an on and off ally only. But hey dont let history get in the way of a rant. :P
dorlomin
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Fredrik » Fri 10 Jul 2009, 04:05:31

dissident wrote:Don't forget that the Taliban were a creation of Pakistan's ISI and the CIA. Pakistan was and still is a client state of the USA. The current guerrilas in northern Pakistan and southern Afghanistan are not the same Taliban that was in power in the 1990s. The imperial adventure in Afghanistan is spawning genuine resistance.

Resistance to imperialism is more respectable when the resister is not pushing for an oppressive social code of conduct. I hope the new Taleban isn't doing that.
"Only scarcity and effort make life worth living."
"A fundamental, devastating error is to set up a political system based on [individual] desires." -Pentti Linkola
Fredrik
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Turkmenistan

Unread postby Tanada » Sun 28 Nov 2021, 23:14:39

President of Turkmenistan called the ECO countries to provide humanitarian assistance to Afghanistan

President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov on Sunday called the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) countries to provide urgent humanitarian assistance to the Afghan people.

The Turkmen leader made such appeal on the XV Summit of heads of ECO countries, holding in Ashgabat within the framework of the Turkmen presidency in the organization.

The Turkmen leader emphasized the actuality of participation of Afghanistan in the economic processes, which makes it an active actor, a valuable integral participant in the economic partnership.

According to the head of the state, Turkmenistan sees in this a strategic perspective for Afghanistan, its role in regional and global processes, the most important condition for achieving peace, harmony and development on Afghan land.

“I am convinced that in this difficult period we must provide urgent and effective humanitarian assistance to the Afghan people,” said the President of Turkmenistan.
In the ECO Summit participated the presidents of Iran, Pakistan, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Prime Minister of Kazakhstan.

LINK
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Asia Discussion