Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Global Warming to Spread Disease

Global Warming to Spread Disease

Unread postby Azothius » Wed 28 Jul 2021, 13:49:19

Along with tropical diseases migrating northward as the world warms, there is also the potential for ancient viruses and bacteria to re-emerge:

Dozens of unknown ancient viruses found in 15,000-year-old glacial ice
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/ne ... lacial-ice

Scientists warn that glaciers are rapidly shrinking, mainly due to human-released greenhouse gas emissions, which could release ancient viruses and bacteria into the environment.

In 2015, researchers from Ohio State University climbed to an altitude of nearly 7,000 metres and extracted two ice cores from the Guliya ice cap in western China. Their study, published in Microbiome, reveals that researchers discovered 33 viruses within the 15,000-year-old ice cores, with at least 28 being completely new to science and have never been seen before.

"Unfortunately, glaciers around the world, including those from Tibetan Plateau and Himalaya, are rapidly shrinking, primarily due to the anthropogenic-enhanced warming of Earth’s ocean-atmosphere system. Such melting will not only lead to the loss of those ancient, archived microbes and viruses but also release them to the environment in the future,” the study warns.
Ragnarok is Coming
Azothius
Lignite
Lignite

Re: Global Warming to Spread Disease

Unread postby mustang19 » Wed 28 Jul 2021, 16:21:55

Global warming is fake, it's like the difference between five feet of blankets and five miles. Insulation doesn't work that way and if you were retarded enough to believe that you'd already be dead.

Liberals are dying because peak oil kills them faster and any death rate argument is just this preexisting trends.
mustang19
Permanently Banned

Unread postby FamousDrScanlon » Wed 28 Jul 2021, 18:57:56

Clearly those viruses were planted in the glaciers by the Deep State so their science buddies could get more grant money - can't fool me.

It's the Deep State, same as with Covid - can't fool me.

Everyone knows that there are only a tiny number of infectious pathogens on earth & every time humans have been infected it's due to the nefarious deeds of the Deep State - can't fool me.

Spanish flu? - Deep State

Justinian's Plague? - Deep State

Antonine Plague? - Deep State

Black Death? - Yup, you guessed it - Deep State!

"There are so many viruses on earth that if you laid them end to end, they would stretch 100 million light years — 500 galaxies wide. Bacteriophages, viruses that parasitize bacteria, cause a trillion, trillion infections per second, destroying half the world’s bacteria every 48 hours. And despite that devastation, bacteria outweigh all animals combined on the planet by a factor of 40." - John Green, The Anthropocene Reviewed: Essays on a Human-Centered Planet

I knows my science. Deep State hoax-in da climate, now dey hoax-in more plandemics. No way Deep State - can't fool me!
FamousDrScanlon
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Gmark » Wed 28 Jul 2021, 19:28:36

FamousDrScanlon wrote:Clearly those viruses were planted in the glaciers by the Deep State so their science buddies could get more grant money - can't fool me.

It's the Deep State, same as with Covid - can't fool me.

Everyone knows that there are only a tiny number of infectious pathogens on earth & every time humans have been infected it's due to the nefarious deeds of the Deep State - can't fool me.

Spanish flu? - Deep State

Justinian's Plague? - Deep State

Antonine Plague? - Deep State

Black Death? - Yup, you guessed it - Deep State!

"There are so many viruses on earth that if you laid them end to end, they would stretch 100 million light years — 500 galaxies wide. Bacteriophages, viruses that parasitize bacteria, cause a trillion, trillion infections per second, destroying half the world’s bacteria every 48 hours. And despite that devastation, bacteria outweigh all animals combined on the planet by a factor of 40." - John Green, The Anthropocene Reviewed: Essays on a Human-Centered Planet

I knows my science. Deep State hoax-in da climate, now dey hoax-in more plandemics. No way Deep State - can't fool me!

Deep State? Or aliens from the hidden planet Nibiru? Nibiru (aka Planet X) was supposed to appear on April 23rd of this year to signal the end of the world. However, it seems to be very well hidden.
Gmark
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 29 Jul 2021, 11:17:29

mustang19 wrote:Global warming is fake, it's like the difference between five feet of blankets and five miles. Insulation doesn't work that way and if you were retarded enough to believe that you'd already be dead.

Liberals are dying because peak oil kills them faster and any death rate argument is just this preexisting trends.

Yes. All scientists and all of science re climate is "retarded", and only you know anything. :o :lol: :roll:

The difference between you and the typical troll is the typical troll hiding in mommy's basement has LOTS of IQ points on you. Why do you even bother to post?

Welcome to my ignore list. I should have put you there long ago.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate