Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Peak Compute

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: Peak Compute

Unread postby aadbrd » Mon 17 May 2021, 13:21:45

jedrider wrote:That's why virtual currencies were created: We peaked on useful networked compute power.

Huh? I don't follow your logic.
aadbrd
Permanently Banned

Unread postby jedrider » Mon 17 May 2021, 17:05:56

aadbrd wrote:
jedrider wrote:That's why virtual currencies were created: We peaked on useful networked compute power.

Networked compute power is already sufficient for 'useful' demand, so we created 'non-useful, speculative' uses for networked compute power.

We should be mining INTELLIGENCE, yet we are chasing dollars or bitcoins.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby aadbrd » Mon 17 May 2021, 17:08:02

jedrider wrote:we created 'non-useful, speculative' uses for networked compute power.

Oh, you're just bitching. Gotcha.
aadbrd
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 21 May 2021, 18:38:37

aadbrd wrote:

The doomtards need their stories to tell.

Note how he provides NO examples, NO credible citations, etc. Par for the course.

Meanwhile in the real world, networked computing will power MUCH of the coming improvements in things going forward, like robotics, crypto-currencies (should they be successful), blockchain tech in general, SaaS (software as a service), robotic taxis if they're successful to any serious extent (like HD mapping updates in real-time, like Mobileye is doing from crowdsourcing, and then planning to have giving various cities updates on the status of all kinds of things based on that data -- as a profitable business, and of course the ongoing build-up of cell phones, tracking all kinds of things more accurately like shipping and inventory, networked databases in general, and on and on and on.

It's like the doomtards can't even bother to become SLIGHTLY informed about the real world before they blindly proclaim that, for example, "USEFUL" netowrked computing has reached its peak. :o :lol:

I don't know why they bother, re their track record. Cognitive dissonance -- i.e. any time they're proven wrong they just tell themselves it didn't happen due to random conspiracy "X"? Surely Donald Trump remains popular for a reason, and being credible in the real world is NOT it -- for one example.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Previous

Return to Energy Technology