Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Wondering About Future

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Wondering About Future

Unread postby Michele Acklin » Sat 11 Apr 2020, 08:11:04

I'm just trying to say that just hold your hand and take a break from your busy life go to a beach and grill a piece of meat listen to your favorite song enjoy the whole day instead of thinking how can I defeat that guy or a whole country. nothing is impossible for us but it is not called humanity. we must think about it. :-D
Michele Acklin
Wood
Wood

Re: Wondering About Future

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 11 Apr 2020, 18:33:08

Michele Acklin wrote:I'm just trying to say that just hold your hand and take a break from your busy life go to a beach and grill a piece of meat listen to your favorite song enjoy the whole day instead of thinking how can I defeat that guy or a whole country. nothing is impossible for us but it is not called humanity. we must think about it. :-D

As long as such beach hasn't been legally closed -- go for it.

Flouting the laws or even the guidelines just sets a bad example for others.

Example in my own city (dark red state) -- virtually No workers at ANY businesses, and VERY FEW customers are using ANY KIND of face masks, even in big grocery stores which see quite a bit of traffic.

Is ignoring a basic request to try to protect our fellow man "humanity"?

And look -- I draw the line at sanity, based on articles I've read. When I go walk in a quiet neighborhood and stay WELL away from people, I wear no mask as there is no one nearby to protect in case I'm sick and don't know it. HOWEVER, when I go into ANY retail space, then yes, I wear a face mask, even though I have no symptoms and no reason (re exposure or habits) to believe I'm sick.

Bad as Trump's decision NOT to wear a mask, even though anyone coming in contact with HIM is screened, that doesn't make it good policy when the science says wearing masks helps prevent spread of this thing in enclosed spaces with people around.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Return to Peak Oil Discussion