Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Uninhabitable Earth

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

Re: The Uninhabitable Earth

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 29 Mar 2019, 14:34:29

Sorry,
Neither one of you gets the point. And you are both wrong.

Immigrants are just as good as USA citizens. But they are not USA citizens, they have no claim to be.

Somewhere there must be a line drawn and a definition, otherwise the USA has completly open borders and being a USA citizen is meaningless. If we let in the immigrants from SA then what claim do we have to deny immigrants from Africa or Asia?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 29 Mar 2019, 15:28:20

All these issues that are becoming big problems are just the LTG issues coming into clearer focus.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby jedrider » Fri 29 Mar 2019, 16:14:05

The whole state of Montana appears to be flooded. All 50 people have had to be evacuated!

https://weather.com/news/news/2019-03-28-montana-north-dakota-homes-evacuated-flooding
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Revi » Thu 04 Apr 2019, 07:55:39

Newfie wrote:Sorry,
Neither one of you gets the point. And you are both wrong.

Immigrants are just as good as USA citizens. But they are not USA citizens, they have no claim to be.

Somewhere there must be a line drawn and a definition, otherwise the USA has completly open borders and being a USA citizen is meaningless. If we let in the immigrants from SA then what claim do we have to deny immigrants from Africa or Asia?

Are you down in the Caribbean? Or in the Golfito of Guatemala? I hear that it's a popular place for people to go to nowadays. It seems like we wander around in their territory, but think that a wall is going to keep them out of ours...
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 04 Apr 2019, 08:07:09

Eastern Carib for now. I want to go to the Western Carib eventually, but then it’s a wicked beat to get back out so I’m reluctant to commit. I dream of going to Rio Dulce and having some work done on the boat for affordable prices while I suck drinks on the veranda. I also dream of being 6’3” and a billionaire! LOL

The wall issue is tough. Like so many things an extreamly complex issue has been boiled down to an over simplified sound bite concept.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Revi » Thu 04 Apr 2019, 10:22:42

Newfie wrote:Eastern Carib for now. I want to go to the Western Carib eventually, but then it’s a wicked beat to get back out so I’m reluctant to commit. I dream of going to Rio Dulce and having some work done on the boat for affordable prices while I suck drinks on the veranda.

Columbus got stuck after he went to the Western Caribbean too! I know what you mean. Upwind is a drag!
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 13:54:29

Newfie wrote:Eastern Carib for now. I want to go to the Western Carib eventually, but then it’s a wicked beat to get back out so I’m reluctant to commit. I dream of going to Rio Dulce and having some work done on the boat for affordable prices while I suck drinks on the veranda.

When I lived there the Rio Dulce wasn't any kind of a tourist mecca, but I have heard that the Golfete and the Rio Dulce are places people go nowadays with their yachts. I took a trip through it to Lake Izabal back in the day.

Here is a person telling all about that area:
http://www.dreamaway.net/port_of_rio_dulce.html
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 26 Sep 2019, 17:13:25

Revi,

Thanks, I much appreciate that. I have just glossed it but go back and read more closely.

Here is a web site on the Rio cruising community. And they have a FB page.

http://riodulcechisme.com/
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Book/Media Reviews