Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Peak Oil: A Love Story

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

Re: Peak Oil: A Love Story

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 05 May 2019, 23:29:44

Revi wrote:Thanks for weighing in Adam B, even though milquetoast is not even faint praise.

No offense Iver but your movie is about you, some mild version of peak oil just being the frame you hung it on. Nothing wrong with that, we've all got personal interests, but very few of us put together homey movies about them unless it is for a family video album or something.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Revi » Mon 06 May 2019, 12:38:50

AdamB wrote:
Revi wrote:Thanks for weighing in Adam B, even though milquetoast is not even faint praise.

No offense Iver but your movie is about you, some mild version of peak oil just being the frame you hung it on. Nothing wrong with that, we've all got personal interests, but very few of us put together homey movies about them unless it is for a family video album or something.

Thanks, I guess you actually did watch it. "some mild version of peak oil just being the frame you hung it on" I thought I showed the full version of peak oil, but maybe it wasn't what you were looking for. You like the full strength doom I guess...
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 06 May 2019, 15:13:43

Revi wrote:
AdamB wrote:

Thanks, I guess you actually did watch it.

Of course I did. It wouldn't be fair to comment on something I hadn't paid attention to...I realize this goes against the common internet stunts nowadays of read the title and then kick out some random topic point which might have nothing to do with the article. This being a particular beef of mine, titles often misrepresent something based on who is doing the titling, and their natural bias.

Revi wrote: "some mild version of peak oil just being the frame you hung it on" I thought I showed the full version of peak oil, but maybe it wasn't what you were looking for. You like the full strength doom I guess...

Oh, you discussed peak oil, but it was a mild version of peak oil, as anyone who was around here during the fast crash, long pork, it would be more merciful for everyone to use neutron weapons on everyone so the rich/special/prepper folks can live happily ever after days. I have always liked the car with the bicycle wheels as well.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Revi » Tue 07 May 2019, 10:03:18

"I have always liked the car with the bicycle wheels as well." Adam B

It was a little ridiculous, I'll admit. I still drive around in a small electric car. It's hard to do something different in this culture. We are all driving around in these gigantic cars, even though we know what's going to happen. We do what our culture tells us to. There are people in this town signing up for gigantic trucks that they don't need every day. They wouldn't spend money on a lot of other things, but they spend money on trucks. It was silly of me to think that I was going to change the thinking around here.

Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 07 May 2019, 10:51:44

Revi wrote:"I have always liked the car with the bicycle wheels as well." Adam B

It was a little ridiculous, I'll admit.

Not ridiculous. Quaint. Quirky. Offbeat.

Revi wrote: I still drive around in a small electric car.

I drive around in a bigger one.

Revi wrote: It's hard to do something different in this culture.

EV's certainly aren't that.

Revi wrote:We are all driving around in these gigantic cars, even though we know what's going to happen. We do what our culture tells us to.

Some of us maybe. Seems like complying with what your "culture" tells you is also a personal choice. My culture never told me to ride motorcycles. Build a log cabin with an ax. Never told me to be the first in my town with a pluggable hybrid. Never told me to hitchhike across the country to see what there was to see, to hang out in Atigun pass all night on June solstice just to be amazed by the sun never going down. Did your culture tell you to go to far away lands and try and help people? Sure...culture sort of lays down this overall framework, but any American should reserve the right to go explore and adventure and try out anything they'd like.

Revi wrote:
There are people in this town signing up for gigantic trucks that they don't need every day.

No different than Texas. And who are you and I, EV drivers, to say what they "need"? Sometimes the need is psychological, right? Big truck makes me big man! Big truck means I can, one day, maybe, after I buy it, tow some big boat down to Bar Harbor and sail up and down the coast. After I buy the boat of course. But between now, and then, it makes me feel all special in side, me and my big truck. Sounds a bit silly to me, but I am familiar with the attitude.

Revi wrote: They wouldn't spend money on a lot of other things, but they spend money on trucks. It was silly of me to think that I was going to change the thinking around here.

Think of it as being wise before the times were ready for you. Forward thinking isn't silly, it is just thinking that the world hasn't quite caught up to yet. In the meantime, you keep EVing around and wait for the rest of the world and "culture" to catch up!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Revi » Thu 09 May 2019, 10:34:00

Thanks Adam B! I will wait and the rest of the culture may figure it out. After all, what other choice do I have?
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 09 May 2019, 10:56:50

Revi wrote:Thanks Adam B! I will wait and the rest of the culture may figure it out. After all, what other choice do I have?

What other choice do any of us have? We are born into a certain world and culture, and then we carve out our own path. Or not. Good luck following yours.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Revi » Thu 09 May 2019, 11:08:55

Thanks! It's actually going to be interesting. Like being around for the end of a Jerry Bruckheimer movie! Better to be up here in Maine for most of the crazy parts. It could even get bad around here.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Tue 21 May 2019, 10:37:22

Here is a link to the film. We are making a little bit of progress, and are up to 731 views now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5efV-w8Ejk&t=1794s
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Mon 03 Jun 2019, 10:01:47

Here's an interview I did when I showed it up at Sugarloaf:
http://wskitv.com/2017/02/22/iver-lofvi ... y-22-2017/
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Fri 06 Sep 2019, 14:06:11

If peak oil happens, then I told them so!
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Revi » Mon 16 Sep 2019, 10:15:20

Told you so!
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to Book/Media Reviews