Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Anti-Kunstler Thread

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: The Anti-Kunstler Thread

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Wed 01 May 2019, 10:11:15

In the midst of all this wide-ranging thrashing and conflict on a variety of topics, a basic fact has been overlooked.

I have not read most of what Kunstler has written. In fact I read the first volume of his World Made By Hand fiction, which I found is unoriginal and derivative. However, I carry around the electronic verion of his most famous work, which is the book The Long Emergency. In case it escaped your notice, we are living this scenario today. Parts of the World are in collapse, refugees abound, China and India are ascendant, and Climate Change is rampant and unchecked.

He nailed it, in 2005, fourteen years ago.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 01 May 2019, 12:20:12

KaiserJeep wrote:In the midst of all this wide-ranging thrashing and conflict on a variety of topics, a basic fact has been overlooked.

I have not read most of what Kunstler has written. In fact I read the first volume of his World Made By Hand fiction, which I found is unoriginal and derivative. However, I carry around the electronic verion of his most famous work, which is the book The Long Emergency. In case it escaped your notice, we are living this scenario today. Parts of the World are in collapse, refugees abound, China and India are ascendant, and Climate Change is rampant and unchecked.

He nailed it, in 2005, fourteen years ago.

Yup. Thats 100% right, KJ.

Kunstler is engaged in social and cultural criticism. Sometimes I agree with him and sometimes I don't but he is usually interesting which is all I ask from a writer.

Kunstler doesn't buy into the Ds-are-good-Rs-are-bad meme which dominates the mainstream media and which the boobs who get all their news from the boob tube are so enthralled with these days. Kunstler is more interested in the longer term cultural changes occurring in America, which he see as mainly destructive to our society.

CHEERS!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 01 May 2019, 14:18:49

Kunstler who is a cynic who is only interested in things to criticize. He simply criticizes for the sake of being anti-establishment. He has nothing constructive to say.

"Kunstler thinks there will be some kind of "blowback" on the Ds"

He also thought the world would end from Y2K. So why should I give a damn what he thinks?

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Previous

Return to Open Topic Discussion