Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Signs Of Collapse In Your Face?

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Signs Of Collapse In Your Face?

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 08 Feb 2019, 03:45:25

asg70 wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:The problem with Anderson Cooper is that much of his reporting is biased and unreliable.

Wow. I missed this thread. I see you've anointed Anderson Cooper on your shit-list right behind Obama and Hillary. Not particularly surprised. And you're hardly one to school anyone on bias.

Plantagenet wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote: What does being gay have to do with reporting the news?

Absolutely nothing that I can see.

Anything to use to mudsling, apparently. How about calling him "small hands" to follow your man Trump's playbook? Maybe attack him for having prematurely white hair? You're all about substance, after all.

CHEERS! :-D

Thank you asg70 for making my point. You took the words right out of my mouth, re Plant being all about substance.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Ibon » Fri 08 Feb 2019, 06:39:57

You really can't engage for years with someone with whom you claim has no substance without then turning that accusation around on yourself to contemplate what substance have I who engages so long with someone else who has none.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 08 Feb 2019, 14:12:58

Ibon wrote:You really can't engage for years with someone with whom you claim has no substance without then turning that accusation around on yourself to contemplate what substance have I who engages so long with someone else who has none.

Actually, you're wrong. There IS a substance to Plant's rhetoric and it's wrapped up in one word and one word only: tribalism.

Tribalism trumps rationality, each and every time. This is why when you don't attempt to check this rhetoric, it spreads, hence the last election. Tribalists tend to beat rationalists in the sense that they are filled with the most spit and vinegar. It's simply a matter of endurance. That's the modus operandi of the biggest trolls here, namely Plant, Short, and our once-and-future-troll, PStarr.

Tribalism fuels bias, fuels denial, fuels magical thinking, etc... It is the root of all evil. That someone like Plant can exhibit tribalism while purporting to care about global warming is exhibit A in that lethal flavor of cognitive dissonance.

We will absolutely enter the final leg of the malthusian catastrophe consuming ourselves with petty finger-pointing and scapegoating because of this tribalism.
EXTREME PREDICTION LEADERBOARD
"this is peak now. Wanna bet? The Real Pain starts . . . now." (11/21/18)" --pstarr
"$0/barrel soon as per etp." (12/30/18)" --pstarr
ATTN: SHORT LOST A BET AND WON'T EVEN ADMIT HE MADE ONE. HE SHOULD NOT BE WELCOME HERE!!!
asg70
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 08 Feb 2019, 14:25:40

Well tribalisim is a universal human trait. That’s not a valuation, just noting the fact.

It’s kind of like noting someone has a nose.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance