Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Climate Change Challenge and the Failure of Democracy

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

Re: The Climate Change Challenge and the Failure of Democrac

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 11 Nov 2017, 15:57:16

Now there is a unbiased thoughful reply Outcast. In truth, Obama was no better than Trump has been and so on it will continue. AGW transcends normal traditional political channels and would demand a holistic worldwide effort from basically everyone. Of course the chances of that happening are zero to little.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby asg70 » Sat 11 Nov 2017, 19:17:10

onlooker wrote:AGW transcends normal traditional political channels and would demand a holistic worldwide effort from basically everyone.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but it bothers me that some people don't seem to have a problem with the US being the lone holdout on Paris. I don't really give a rat's ass if it's a token gesture or not, the US, the so-called leader of the free world, should not be sending this sort of signal. It makes more of a difference than you realize.

Sometimes I think you guys are so steeped in cynicism that you come across as more of a defender of BAU than anything else, despite all this hot air about holistic worldviews and what not.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 11 Nov 2017, 19:19:41

asg70 wrote: I know it's easy to think the government that brought us the Tiananmen Square massacre would just choke its citizens and cancer-cluster them to death forever, but there comes a point where it's unacceptable even for them. That's why even China signed onto the Paris agreement

??????

Don't you even know what the Paris Accords say?

China made no commitments to reduce their CO2 emissions in the Paris Accords.

In fact in the earlier Us-China bilateral climate treaty that Obama negotiated with China specifies that China doesn't have to stop building coal-fired plants or even think about reducing its CO2 emissions by even a molecule until 2035.

And in 2035 China only agreed to consider reducing CO2 emissions---again there is no commitment by China to reduce their CO2 emissions in either the Us-China bilateral climate treaty or in the Paris Accords. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

AND once Obama let China off the hook and agreed that China is free to have unlimited CO2 emissions then India said it wanted the exact same deal. So India signed the Paris Accords as well, but made no commitment to reduce CO2 emission. In fact, India committed to expand their CO2 emissions just like China did.

asg70 wrote: China .... they are just not that bright about the environmental impacts of their actions.

???????

Your racist slam against China and the Chinese people is quite bizarre. It seems you know nothing about China except what you see on your TV.

In reality, people in China are very bright, and the leadership in the Chinese Communist Party is extremely talented and intelligent. Over the years I've traveled to China several times to work with colleagues in Chinese Universities, and I've been lucky enough to travel all over China and Tibet----its an amazing place and the Chinese are amazing people.

The Chinese actually are totally aware of the environmental impacts of their policies. For heavens sake---the Chinese leaders actually LIVE in Beijing and see the smog every day.

The Chinese are plenty bright---they just don't value the environment as much as they do economic growth and their policies are designed to maximize economic growth. And they've been very successful at it. Yes, they are trying to reduce the pollution.......but they are trying even harder to continue to grow the Chinese economy.

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 12 Nov 2017, 11:18:27

Plantagenet wrote:Your racist slam against China

Racist slam? What are you smoking? Why don't you go back to casually flying around the world and stay out of this thread.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 12 Nov 2017, 16:19:35

asg70 wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:Your racist slam against China

Racist slam?

You said the Chinese weren't "bright." Actually, they are.

asg70 wrote: Why don't you .... stay out of this thread.

Normally I answer all your questions, but that one is so idiotic I'll just let it go with no comment.

Cheers!

Greetings from Kathmandu!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Book/Media Reviews