Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Bernie Sanders for President Pt. 3

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Bernie Sanders for President Pt. 2

Unread postby dbruning » Tue 12 Jul 2016, 15:16:46

He just endorsed hillary it looks like.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/politics/ ... e-sanders/

Am not happy. But it was a given I wouldn't be once it was obvious who the options were.

"Crap vs crap" means no matter who wins, the people lose. :/
dbruning
Coal
Coal

Re: Bernie Sanders for President Pt. 2

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 12 Jul 2016, 16:36:03

dbruning wrote:He just endorsed hillary it looks like. ...

Am not happy. But it was a given I wouldn't be once it was obvious who the options were.

"Crap vs crap" means no matter who wins, the people lose. :/

He'd been withholding endorsement for a long time, saying Clinton needed to do more to offer something solid to the working and middle class.

She changed her college plan proposal more to his direction, and that was what made the difference. Sanders was for free college for all.. Clinton was for "debt free more affordable college." The big change she made, is that now it's "first two years of college free for everyone, from households with $112k income or less."

Well okay, so that's some kind of real compromise. It's not "total free college for all" and it's not "free 2 year college for all" -- but at least it's free 2 year college for middle and working class. So that's pretty fair and a significant reform, Bernie gave her credit for that.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Bernie Sanders On Crude Prices

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 24 Jul 2017, 06:12:17

Has anyone heard from BS lately? Other than fawning fter media attention with attacks on the President I mean, is he saying anything useful?
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Bernie Sanders On Crude Prices

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 24 Jul 2017, 17:32:23

Subjectivist wrote:Has anyone heard from BS lately? Other than fawning fter media attention with attacks on the President I mean, is he saying anything useful?

He's saying the FBI investigation of his wife is a witch hunt and the DOJ is wrong and his wife isn't guilty and the indictment is political and she won't go to jail for fraud.

Sanders-says-his-wife-did-nothing-wrong

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to North America Discussion