Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Next 34 Days

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: The Next 34 Days

Unread postby Cog » Fri 16 Dec 2016, 13:43:46

What Facebook is saying is that any link to what they determine is fake news will have a fake news disclaimer attached to it. Facebook users will tag it as fake news. Once it is tagged it will be sent over the news agencies listed below for review. I don't see Breitbart or Fox listed. Wonder why.

Now for the good part. News agencies like ABC, New York Times, CNN, and Politico will make the determination of whether its fake or not. These are the same news organizations that were actively supporting and colluding with the Clinton campaign to help her win. CNN is also part of this operation. The same CNN that told us it was illegal for us peasants to read the Wikileaks and only they could read them and tell us what they said.

If you are using Facebook for news, you really need to reconsider. This is censorship from the left and its fairly blatant.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Tanada » Mon 19 Dec 2016, 10:53:35

The Electoral College votes today in each of the 50 state capitols.

The Associated Press tried to reach all 538 electors and interviewed more than 330 of them. It found “widespread Democratic aggravation with the electoral process but little expectation that the hustle of anti-Trump maneuvering can derail him.” Three dozen GOP electors would have to switch their votes, and so far, only one has said he would.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/electoral-c ... -schedule/

The voting schedule ends at 7 PM today, but the odds of any surprises is exceedingly unlikely.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Cog » Mon 19 Dec 2016, 10:57:15

It will be another day that Hillary loses the election just like the recount failures.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 19 Dec 2016, 14:44:16

A faithless elector just changed his vote!

He decided to vote for Bernie Sanders for President instead of casting his ballot for Hillary. Gosh---I hope a lot more D electors also switch to Bernie. Maybe TPTB in the D party would finally get the message.

So far the Ds effort to subvert the electoral college is a big flop, just like their effort to pretend Russians hacked voting machines to steal the election for Hillary, and the biggest flop of all their disastrous "can't lose" presidential campaign for Hillary.

The only thing the Ds have gotten away with recently is stealing the D nomination from Bernie. :lol:
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby MD » Tue 20 Dec 2016, 08:27:43

according to reports, Trump had two "faithless electors", and Hillary had five.

Next up? Who knows. it all gets stranger and stranger.
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby Cog » Tue 20 Dec 2016, 13:05:50

Next will be calls for Trump to be impeached. These calls will increase in intensity over time and give the left something to do.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby MD » Tue 20 Dec 2016, 19:41:34

The last 48 hours I have observed CNN and MSNBC behaving almost conciliatory in their rhetoric.

Let's be Frank: some major power brokers around the world fully expected to see a Clinton White House. Their collective disappointment was and is epic in scale.

From the slightly changed tone observed in the MSM over the stated period, I conclude that some serious discussions occurred behind the scenes. "Stand Down" is where they are at, sort of.

You all hate MSN, as do I. I watch them though, in cycles through the various factions.

Their commentary is a barometer. The weather has changed.

OK, I am becoming nearly as cryptic and metaphorical as VM. Might need to adjust my meds.
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 20 Dec 2016, 20:16:00

MD wrote:The last 48 hours I have observed CNN and MSNBC behaving almost conciliatory in their rhetoric.

Let's be Frank: some major power brokers around the world fully expected to see a Clinton White House. Their collective disappointment was and is epic in scale.

From the slightly changed tone observed in the MSM over the stated period, I conclude that some serious discussions occurred behind the scenes. "Stand Down" is where they are at, sort of.

You all hate MSN, as do I. I watch them though, in cycles through the various factions.

Their commentary is a barometer. The weather has changed.

OK, I am becoming nearly as cryptic and metaphorical as VM. Might need to adjust my meds.

Yes yes yes---I see that happening too.

To me it seems like the MSM and the Ds have been going through the five stages of grief over the election and are just now....five weeks after the election.....getting to where they can accept what happened.

#1: Denial. Election night Ds all over the country and the MSM were stunned. Hillary was so deep into denial she couldn't even get herself together enough to make the usual courtesy call to congratulate Trump on his victory. Some Ds even went out on the streets and chanted "he's not my president" ----as though by denying Trump was president the Ds could make him not be president.

#2: Anger In the days after the election Ds in many cities went out and demonstrated against Trump and in some cities angry Ds rioted and smashed cars and vandalized shops. Even Ds who weren't rioting were still angry. Even weeks after the election at a post-election forum held at Harvard angry Ds from the Clinton campaign screamed at the Rs who worked on Trump's campaign and attacked them with the usual angry name-calling.

#3: Bargaining Then we had the ridiculous spectacle of the recounts on the crazy premise that the Russians had hacked all the voting machines or that Russian hacking of the DNC emails had cost Hillary the election. Then there was the wacky spectacle of the Ds trying to convince electoral college delegates to switch their votes to Hillary...or Colin Powell...or ANYONE but Trump. It was classic irrational bargaining--the Ds and the MSM would say anything and believe ANYTHING if it meant Trump wasn't really president.

#4 and #5 Depression and Acceptance Now, at last, the MSM is starting to accept reality. Ds may still be depressed that Trump won the election but they have to accept it. I've heard some of the new tone of accommodation in some of the media towards Trump and I hope it spreads.

Trump is a bit of a buffoon and a wild man, but he is also an independent thinker, he isn't cowed by the media, and to his credit he gets things done.

I never supported Trump but I never doubted he is our President, for better or for worse. I wish him luck---he's going to need it.
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Tue 20 Dec 2016, 23:33:41

I've noticed that Chris Mathews of MSNBC has been taking quite a long vacation from Hardball after the election. I imagine that he is overcome with grief and needs time to come to grips with reality.
I'm looking forward to see what tactics he employs when he returns.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 21 Dec 2016, 00:08:36

vtsnowedin wrote:I've noticed that Chris Mathews of MSNBC has been taking quite a long vacation from Hardball after the election. I imagine that he is overcome with grief and needs time to come to grips with reality.

The poor man. IN 2008 he said obama's election gave him a thrill that ran up his leg.

I'll bet the thrill is gone now that Trump has been elected.

That was then. Now he and the rest of the MSM are peeing their pants over Trump's election.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby MD » Wed 21 Dec 2016, 08:45:03

now now p... that's gloating, and smug is usually followed by pie-in-face, so be careful!

as for me, I'm promoting a new party platform: "social conservationists"

Our automated society increasingly allows for shorter work hours with higher living standards.
We can do so with lower energy use and environmental impact, if done correctly; with a focus on "thinking globally and acting locally." (a distinctly libertarian component of the platform).

I'm jaded and cynical enough to think it will never happen, but a guy can have his dreams, right?

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Previous

Return to North America Discussion