Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

This is an oil industry jihad.

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: This is an oil industry jihad.

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 15:09:33

americandream wrote:I could move the world markets if I chose. I choose not to. For the moment.

If you can "move the world markets", IMO, you either:

a). Are talking some kind of technicality and exaggerating greatly in all aspects of that claim. (As an option trader I can and do "move the market" a tiny bit for a short time IN ONE OR TWO OPTIONS ON A SINGLE STOCK once in a while with a big trade (as I presume, market makers adjust their quotes in reaction to my order). But so what? So do millions of other schmoes who trade.

b). You're just making stuff up, especially when you say "the world markets". If you could meaningfully move the world markets at a whim, why not arbitrage and reliably make a fortune daily? (Buy low, sell high. It's not advanced calculus if you can move the markets).

c). You have delusions of grandeur.

d). (My guess). You are yanking our collective chains to see if anyone rises to the bait. If so, you got me, but this seemed too outlandish (even on THIS site) to just let pass.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 16:54:10

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
americandream wrote:I could move the world markets if I chose. I choose not to. For the moment.

If you can "move the world markets", IMO, you either:

a). Are talking some kind of technicality and exaggerating greatly in all aspects of that claim. (As an option trader I can and do "move the market" a tiny bit for a short time IN ONE OR TWO OPTIONS ON A SINGLE STOCK once in a while with a big trade (as I presume, market makers adjust their quotes in reaction to my order). But so what? So do millions of other schmoes who trade.

b). You're just making stuff up, especially when you say "the world markets". If you could meaningfully move the world markets at a whim, why not arbitrage and reliably make a fortune daily? (Buy low, sell high. It's not advanced calculus if you can move the markets).

c). You have delusions of grandeur.

d). (My guess). You are yanking our collective chains to see if anyone rises to the bait. If so, you got me, but this seemed too outlandish (even on THIS site) to just let pass.

If your chain is being yanked by my comments, I would suggest that the problem lies with you. I simply tell it like it is.

That said, I am here to use you people as guinea pigs...thus in the meantime, I will have to devise a non chain yanking method of persuading...takes time...this game aint easy...or else we would not have the spectacle of the major banks holding their trading butts in this volatile market.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 18:08:00

GASMON wrote:Careful !!!

Gas

Hahahaha. I am all peed out mate.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance