Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

DHS ending color-coded security alerts

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

DHS ending color-coded security alerts

Unread postby dinopello » Wed 26 Jan 2011, 23:22:45

How will we know how scared to be?

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is expected to announce Thursday that the almost 9-year-old threat alert system will go away in April.

Nobody ever had the guts to lower the terror level to below yellow:

In its lifetime, the threat level has been raised to orange/high five times, although it went to that level three other times for specific industries. The threat level was raised to red/severe once -- on August 10, 2006, and only for commercial flights from the United Kingdom to the United States -- when British authorities announced they had disrupted a major plot to blow up aircraft. The level went down to orange on August 16, 2006, where it remains.

The general threat level is yellow/elevated. The two lower levels have never been used, and task force looking at the system recommended in 2009 eliminating them altogether and making yellow the lowest threat level but renaming it "guarded."

dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: DHS ending color-coded security alerts

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Thu 27 Jan 2011, 00:10:16

Those plain monochromatic stripes wont hold anyone's attention. How about something like this? Image

The fearmongers of the past were more imaginative:
ImageImageImage
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Dreamtwister » Thu 27 Jan 2011, 09:17:50

But without the terror alert levels, how will I know how scared I'm supposed to be?
The whole of human history is a refutation by experiment of the concept of "moral world order". - Friedrich Nietzsche
Dreamtwister
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby mos6507 » Thu 27 Jan 2011, 09:32:18

Does that mean I'm no longer a sheep with an ear tag being led to the slaughter in the NWO "endgame"? Rats!
mos6507

Unread postby Maddog78 » Thu 27 Jan 2011, 12:54:35

Bitch, I can't be any more alert than I already am!

Tina Fey
Maddog78
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Pops » Wed 13 May 2015, 13:21:21

I'd held off posting on this until it got a little more MSM attention but it doesn't seem to be happening.

The U.S. military has increased the threat level at bases across North America. Officials say the incremental boost will likely mean heightened vigilance and more random bag or vehicle checks.

The baseline level went from A to B, although most military installations — including the Pentagon — were already at a slightly higher level of protection than level A. There are four levels, A through D.

Army Col. Steve Warren says the increase was not triggered by a specific event. He says it was due to a generally heightened threat environment, which would include the recent terror threat and attempted attack surrounding a provocative cartoon contest in Texas.

The alert level was approved by Adm. Bill Gortney, head of U.S. Northern Command.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... a-30904909

M1s and Jersey walls at the gates (and official post Burger King) and no admittance without background check or mil ID.
"A little scary" I was told.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Return to North America Discussion