Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Sydney Australia Hostages

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Sydney Australia Hostages

Unread postby Loki » Mon 15 Dec 2014, 22:21:47

SeaGypsy wrote:How many moronic looney yank Muslims have cut their colleagues or family members heads off?

Only one that I know of, the incident in Oklahoma. But to be fair that could very well be classified as standard issue black-on-white violence, i.e., un-newsworthy given how common it is. He was a career criminal American black convert to "Prislam." Don't know if he associated with a particular sect, but wouldn't surprise me if it was Nation of Islam, a whacko racist cult that makes the KKK look like a bunch of diversity-loving hippies.

AFAIK the Boston bombers were pretty much middle class white kids, growing up in a segregated French-style ghetto that Six is referring to doesn't explain why they did what they did.

Most of these Muslim problems could be solved by better immigration policies. Then we could focus on the domestic crazies.
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Loki » Mon 15 Dec 2014, 22:34:49

Sixstrings wrote:Oregon is close to Canada. Oregon is lefty. Maybe there is a connection. We just don't have this problem in the red states, that I'm aware of, yet we do have plenty of muslims here.

SeaGypsy is correct that you are thoroughly clueless about pretty much everything. FYI, Portland, Oregon, is ~300 miles from the Canadian border.

Please choke yourself while reviewing the Ft. Hood Texas shooting, the Oklahoma beheading, the 2008 "honor killing" in Georgia, etc., etc.
A garden will make your rations go further.
Loki
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 15 Dec 2014, 22:46:25

I even sent 6 a PM couple of months ago linking to a site which documents this stuff worldwide. It's full of scary crap going on in the USA. Actual attacks, foiled attacks, Sharia Lawfare, shenanigans of groups such as CAIR. Obviously he got to the beheadings videos & didn't want to scare himself, wee diddums. Those who aren't prepared to face the truth about evil should STFU about it.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Sixstrings » Mon 15 Dec 2014, 23:52:52

Loki wrote:FYI, Portland, Oregon, is ~300 miles from the Canadian border.

I know that. Doesn't mean Portland isn't canadian-ish. Where have most of the RECENT crazy muslim things gone down? Other than OK? Boston, NYC, and Portland. Blue states. With more welfare.

Relax by the way, I am just trying to think about what is going on, what the root problem is.

If they are all immigrants, then we can point to that as a problem. If it were like the British problem, and muslim gangsta rappers living in council housing and on benefits, then you know it's a poor muslim problem.

I'm just trying to arrive at wtf is going on, exactly.

while reviewing the Ft. Hood Texas shooting, the Oklahoma beheading, the 2008 "honor killing" in Georgia, etc., etc.

2008 was a long time ago now, I've read about more recent muslim honor killings in Canada.

We can't win this argument either way, one would need Pew Research to study the news and piece together muslim extremism incidents by country and region and socio-economic background and then you could start to figure out what is going on and the reasons why.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 16 Dec 2014, 00:00:11

SeaGypsy wrote:I even sent 6 a PM couple of months ago linking to a site which documents this stuff worldwide. It's full of scary crap going on in the USA. Actual attacks, foiled attacks, Sharia Lawfare, shenanigans of groups such as CAIR. Obviously he got to the beheadings videos & didn't want to scare himself, wee diddums. Those who aren't prepared to face the truth about evil should STFU about it.

I give in, you are right.

I remember that PM. That was a lot longer than a couple months ago. At the time I was going on about we need to support the moderate muslims in Syria against Assad, and you were talking about ISIS *before anyone else was*. So I was totally wrong about it all, I did not see this ISIS thing coming at all, and you did.

Ok, so a percentage of muslims are goin nuts, around the world. What's to be done about it?
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Tue 16 Dec 2014, 00:09:40

Not a lot. They are digging their own hole. As I keep saying, the extremists are pushing the rest to choose a side. Muslims can join in secular politics, come to the 21st century, quit with pushing their whacko legal system in secular countries; or they can act out & sponsor Salafist evil scumbags.

I do wish people like you 6, would take the time to investigate what is so very wrong about Sharia being preached or acted out in our countries. Quit defending the indefensible, quit apologising for all the Muslims who don't do this crap, realise there is a very serious problem with the core of Islam. People like Obama are utterly wrong when they say IS does not represent Islam, it is the epitome of the Koran. Obama & his apologist ilk are either ignorant of the facts of the Koran or they are outright liars. It is hard to believe the former of Obama, given his upbringing.

The PM I sent you on the 27th of September. 2 months & 3 weeks ago.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 16 Dec 2014, 00:52:45

SeaGypsy wrote:Not a lot. They are digging their own hole. As I keep saying, the extremists are pushing the rest to choose a side. Muslims can join in secular politics, come to the 21st century, quit with pushing their whacko legal system in secular countries; or they can act out & sponsor Salafist evil scumbags.

I've always thought 9/11 should have been the last straw. That the right response, to the actual attack, would have been to pressure Saudi Arabia and the middle east to modernize.

Much of the West is really vulnerable, because it is so permissive and wants to respect different cultures. So you see how it gets worse in some more lefty Western places, like UK, and Denmark where they couldn't even publish a cartoon without death threats and all that.

It's like, the more permissive you are of extremism, the more it grows.

I don't know what the future holds. I really don't think we have poor muslims in general in the US, but their kids will be poor and that population will grow, and they'll radicalize. So what happens to us all, do we all become an Israel with a neverending holy war in our own countries?

I guess we could look to Russia and how they've always handled it. Be tough, no messin' around, period.

I do wish people like you 6, would take the time to investigate what is so very wrong about Sharia being preached or acted out in our countries. Quit defending the indefensible, quit apologising for all the Muslims who don't do this crap, realise there is a very serious problem with the core of Islam. People like Obama are utterly wrong when they say IS does not represent Islam, it is the epitome of the Koran.

As I said, if it had been up to me, then the 9/11 response would have been to pressure the muslim nations to modernize and get away from sharia. Of course, that would just start a worldwide holy war probably 100 times worse than what we deal with now. How do you tell a village in Afghanistan they've got to give up sharia? They wouldn't be too agreeable to that.

As for defending muslims, well SG, any muslims I have actually met in my own little life were all very nice people and none of them would be for any of this loony stuff. So what do you want me to do, I can't be a anti-muslim racist, I'd be thinking of past colleagues and the Lebanese shop owner at the local quickmart (not a friend, he sees me about every day though, he's a good guy), my old professor in college, etc. etc.

I've never actually MET a Muslim that I did not like.

Obama & his apologist ilk are either ignorant of the facts of the Koran or they are outright liars. It is hard to believe the former of Obama, given his upbringing.

SG, I am on your side on this, but the way you drift to bashing the whole koran would just piss muslims off even more, it's not going to help.

I don't know what the answer is, how do we get the problem minority of fundy muslims to secularize and stop going crazy, I don't know the answer.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Tue 16 Dec 2014, 00:59:44

Go through my posts today & quit putting words in my mouth I did not say.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Tue 16 Dec 2014, 01:40:41

I still fear 1%ers way more than Muslims.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Tue 16 Dec 2014, 02:03:38

It is understood the cafe manager decided to take action when the gunman began to doze off after the siege had been ongoing for 17 hours.
He lunged at the hostage-taker’s weapon

After he did this he got killed and another woman and the gunman was killed by the cops
You wonder if he just waited until the guy fell asleep totally there could have been no one killed????
It may have been the guys intention to just get a bit of publicity as he had lost a court case and was obviously angry and wanted to make a very public protest maybe with out killing anyone.(or just expecting suicide by cop as a solution to his on going legal problems)

http://www.news.com.au/national/martin- ... 7157498633
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Tue 16 Dec 2014, 02:08:54

Shaved Monkey wrote:I still fear 1%ers way more than Muslims.

A lot of them are the same. :)

Having over ten years experience working with mostly Wahhabi Sunni Muslim Officers in Saudi Arabia, Islam in its present form scares the hell out of me. I think Sea Gypsy has it exactly right.

That said, I think the west would probably be better off if we didn't bomb weddings or other stupid things.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 16 Dec 2014, 02:27:30

Shaved Monkey wrote:
It is understood the cafe manager decided to take action when the gunman began to doze off after the siege had been ongoing for 17 hours.
He lunged at the hostage-taker’s weapon

After he did this he got killed and another woman and the gunman was killed by the cops
You wonder if he just waited until the guy fell asleep totally there could have been no one killed????
It may have been the guys intention to just get a bit of publicity as he had lost a court case and was obviously angry and wanted to make a very public protest maybe with out killing anyone.(or just expecting suicide by cop as a solution to his on going legal problems)

Oh wow, that's sad.

I wouldn't use the phrase "hostage taker," once he asked for that ISIS flag and put the muslim banner in the window he became a *terrorist*.

The store manager is a hero and gave his life trying to save people.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Tue 16 Dec 2014, 03:07:07

careinke wrote:
Shaved Monkey wrote:I still fear 1%ers way more than Muslims.

A lot of them are the same. :)

Having over ten years experience working with mostly Wahhabi Sunni Muslim Officers in Saudi Arabia, Islam in its present form scares the hell out of me. I think Sea Gypsy has it exactly right.

That said, I think the west would probably be better off if we didn't bomb weddings or other stupid things.

Its easy to say what Shaved just said when living somewhere with virtually no contact or influence from either, or the ones who happen to be both. If the 1% were so much more a problem than Muslims, there should be significant migration in the corresponding direction. There is not & likely never will be.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Previous

Return to Australia & New Zealand Discussion