Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Mideast Madness Pt. 2

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Mideast Madness Pt. 2

Unread postby Subjectivist » Tue 14 Jan 2014, 17:29:10

SeaGypsy wrote:
The United States has delivered a rare rebuke to Israel over reported comments about US secretary of state John Kerry that describe him as messianic.

Israel's defence minister Moshe Yaalon has been reported describing Mr Kerry as acting out of misplaced obsessions and Messiah-like fervour in his advocacy of Middle East peace proposals.

"Secretary of state John Kerry - who has come to us determined and is acting out of an incomprehensible obsession and a messianic feeling - cannot teach me a single thing about the conflict with the Palestinians," the biggest-selling daily Yedioth Ahronoth quoted Mr Yaalon as saying behind closed doors.

"The only thing that can save us is if Kerry wins the Nobel prize and leaves us alone....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-15/i ... re/5200466

What's the Australian opinion of John Kerry? I have the impression that outside of the French and the USA he is not highly respected and admired.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Tue 14 Jan 2014, 17:54:16

Mr. Kerry does have a significant set of baggage he carries. Some probably deserved and some not. He may be somewhat intractable. OTOH he's working in a region that seems dominated by intractable opinions on all sides. As a wise man once said: you don't bring a knife to a gun fight. You go into negotiations where all the other players have brass balls you need to bring your own set along...even if you have to borrow them from Hillary. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Tue 14 Jan 2014, 18:15:40

Kerry gets little attention in the Australian MSM. Most Australians would have little or no idea who he is, his history or affiliations.
Our current government has a position of not getting involved in 'baddies versus baddies' conflicts- (a direct quote from our current PM's election campaign a few months back). Otherwise the mainstream here is largely split along sectarian lines- left being soft on Palestine and Iran etc, right being pro Israel and anti Islam generally.

In the early days of the current Syrian conflict the MSM was very anti Assad- pro FSA. As time wears on and social media spreads the atrocities of the Salafists in Syria and regionally, the same media has tended to just pull it's head in. Regarding Egypt- we don't get the "Hang on a minute! Morsi was democratically elected!" Headlines which seem prevalent in the USA. Most people here would agree that an elected government should be able to be removed by the public and if necessary with the backing of the military- but we have little or no relevant history ourselves to compare.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 20 Jan 2014, 17:21:17

Yesterday the UN invited Iran to the Syrian Peace talks, then the US ordered the UN to disinvite Syria, and just now the UN meekly followed the US orders and disinvited Iran.

I've seldom seen a clearer example proving that the UN is just a puppet of the USA.

The UN is a US puppet.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 22 Jan 2014, 19:28:01

Iran's foreign ministers tells CNN the US is lying about the US-Iran nuke deal

"CNN reporter: "Explain, then, to our viewers, what's different in terms of Iran's commitment to what you agreed to and what the White House says you agreed to?"

The Iranian responded, "Well, the terminology is different. The White House tries to portray it as basically a dismantling of Iran's nuclear program. That is the word they use time and again. And I urge you to read the entire text. If you find a single, a single word that even closely resembles dismantling or could be defined as dismantling in the entire text, then I would take back my comment."

Zarif clarifies, "What Iran has agreed is not to enrich above 5 percent. We did not agree to dismantle anything."

This could be easily checked if the US would release the text of the agreement, but the White House refuses to release the text of the Iran nuclear deal. :roll:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics