Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Where most of America's "Energy" comes from

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Where most of America's "Energy" comes from

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 30 Dec 2013, 09:05:45

It comes from the central banks, as they own the oil and gas industry, this is why we are still living in a energy dark age.
vision-master

Unread postby Pops » Mon 30 Dec 2013, 09:09:59

It's paid for by the folks who want to export oil.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 30 Dec 2013, 09:35:18

Pops wrote:It's paid for by the folks who want to export oil.

With money that does not exist, the oil and gas industry is no different than the control of the Vatican during the dark ages. This is why we are broke and the environment is in shambles.
vision-master

Unread postby Tanada » Mon 30 Dec 2013, 09:39:48

I don't think those people are much of the oil industry, they know about peak oil and study it to death (at least I hope so)

Day traders and speculators on the other hand would sell you their grandmother on the promise of a bigger check at the end of the week.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 30 Dec 2013, 09:44:08

Tanada wrote:

I don't think those people are much of the oil industry, they know about peak oil and study it to death (at least I hope so)

Day traders and speculators on the other hand would sell you their grandmother on the promise of a bigger check at the end of the week.

Thing is, we are all being held hostage by the central banks/ oil and gas industry.
vision-master

Unread postby dinopello » Mon 30 Dec 2013, 11:04:00

step back wrote:The other day I was horrified to watch a most dis-informational of TV commercials telling TV watchers that "most" of their "ENERGY" comes from America.

Take the quiz...
dinopello
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 30 Dec 2013, 11:31:27

dinopello wrote:
step back wrote:The other day I was horrified to watch a most dis-informational of TV commercials telling TV watchers that "most" of their "ENERGY" comes from America.

Take the quiz...

I got five out of five, what do I win?

The problem is knowing where energy comes from does not make it more affordable or abundant.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 30 Dec 2013, 11:36:53

or more environmentally friendly. People we have been had.....
vision-master

Unread postby Pops » Mon 30 Dec 2013, 12:53:45

Tanada wrote:

Not sure which folks you mean T, AEI? Criminy, the Koch Bros built it and of course the want to export.
If a ban on crude exports made sense in the 1970s when U.S. oil production was in decline and peak oil seemed very real, it certainly doesn’t make sense now.

By lifting the ban on U.S. crude exports, we have the opportunity not only to encourage domestic production and reap its economic rewards but to shape the global oil market. That’s a position of strength we should seize.

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2013/06/growin ... xport-ban/

This page is a veritable media packet to promote exporting crude:
http://www.aei-ideas.org/topic/shale-revolution/
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 30 Dec 2013, 13:26:41

dino – True story. In the late 70’s while working for Mobil Oil some mates and I were having Po-boys for lunch at a bar across the street. With the Iranians raising hell gasoline prices had shot up. Some old bar fly was going on and on about the “damn oil companies” and how they were screwing everyone. Easy for most of us to ignore but one geologist (real nick name: Mad Dog) was fresh from Viet Nam and not in a very good mood. He was about to get in the guy’s face when the old fart said something that even got Mad Dog laughing. Which was fortunately since I didn’t relish getting between him and the drunk…Mad Dog was Special Forces. The old fart’s comment: “Those damn oil companies keep talking about the need to drill more oil wells. We don’t need no more damn oil wells. What we need is more damn gasoline wells”.

Granted the public’s knowledge has improved since then. But they still don’t have a good grasp of the total dynamic and I doubt ever will. Between the Big Oil fluff pieces and the politicians too scared to tell the truth I don’t think the citizens will ever have a clear picture of the realities of the situation.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby vision-master » Mon 30 Dec 2013, 16:10:56

Between the Big Oil fluff pieces and the politicians too scared to tell the truth I don’t think the citizens will ever have a clear picture of the realities of the situation.

The realities of the situation are, we need to be on 'other' sources of energy, they do exist, TPTB are suppressing them.
vision-master

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics