Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Writer doing story on Peak Oil

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Re: Writer doing story on Peak Oil

Unread postby MD » Sun 20 Nov 2011, 14:53:33

AaronLL wrote:...
1. How did you first learn about peak oil? Was there one author, book, movie, or piece of information that was the most powerful?
2. What actions have you taken as a result -- how has your life changed?
Aaron

#1. Most powerful piece of information: It was the realization that the earth's surface is very much like the skin of a teenager with a very bad case of acne, and we have been busily popping zits all over the face of the planet. We've popped all of the big surface zits --all the ones under pressure-- because they were easy.

Now we are faced with digging for blackheads, using the residual puss from the whiteheads to fuel the process.

Also known as "the business men went after the easy stuff first, so as to maximize their profits. Why would it be any other way?"

Once you grasp that concept, think about the capital investment and maintenance required to mine oil compared to popping zits...

#2. It means the end of the automobile as we know it. I've modified my lifestyle so that I no longer need automobiles and I've been investing my energies in energy.
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Re: Writer doing story on Peak Oil

Unread postby WildRose » Mon 21 Nov 2011, 01:18:14

Hi, Aaron. I sent you a PM through the forum. Hope the information provided is useful.

WildRose
WildRose
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Previous

Return to Welcome