Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Possible break up of America?

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Unread postby lowem » Tue 23 Nov 2004, 21:59:08

Don't flame me, but I found this graphic somewhere.
Perhaps it might be appropriate to this discussion? :lol:

Live quotes - oil/gold/silver
lowem
Expert
Expert

Unread postby lowem » Tue 23 Nov 2004, 22:01:28

There's even a website for this :
http://www.jesusland.com
Live quotes - oil/gold/silver
lowem
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Guest » Tue 23 Nov 2004, 22:44:06

Specop_007 wrote:I'll tell ya, I sure hope it does.
I'm getting pretty damned tired of these fuckin Democrats and their assbrained schemes trying to shove gestapo laws down my throat.

What a charming post.

Are the moderators asleep, or are 'we' back at the (in)civility in public discourse?

Unread postby lotrfan55345 » Tue 23 Nov 2004, 23:07:00

lowem wrote:Don't flame me, but I found this graphic somewhere.
Perhaps it might be appropriate to this discussion? :lol:

Haha I've seen that! It's run RAMPANT on SkyScraperCity.com and several other places.
lotrfan55345
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Chocky » Wed 24 Nov 2004, 09:25:29

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned the possibility of a break-up along ethinic lines. This tends to be the pattern around the world, as in the Balkans for example. Then again, maybe the difference is that in America people of different ethinic groups live together in relative harmony, whereas in the Balkans tensions between groups were constrained mainly by a powerful central government. Who knows...
Chocky
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Olaf » Wed 24 Nov 2004, 10:42:43

Why do you guys put up with this spe_cop fella. Thats the trouble with you Americans - you spend inordinate amounts of time massaging the egos of these time wasters.

Why does it have to turn into the "trouble with you Americans"? I am not trying to turn this into a flame fest at all, but I don't think comments like that are particularly contructive or encouraging of critical thought and analysis either. Being an American, I have issue with that. In my mind it is ignorant to classify Americans in such a general way.

While many people often disagree with Spec_op, including myself, he is entitled to come in and offer differing opinions. He just needs to tone down his attacks sometimes, as do many others I have seen on this board. After stating that I had issue with his initial comment, we began a legitimate dialog.

I have lived abroad (Germany as a child for 3 years) and encountered many different cultures and perspectives in places throughout the United States and throughout the rest of the world (both as a military dependent and as a serviceman myself in places such as the Middle East, Australia, Asia, Europe, and more). While I do not always agree with what individuals have to say, turning it into a hate fest accomplishes nothing productive. So lay off the Americans. Many of us are really trying to do the best we can, and we are not all ignorant and greed filled as many around the world view us. I was born American and recognize problems in my country, as well as with the rest of the world. The question is how do we fix it? Not a single one of us live in any kind of Utopian society.

Olaf
Olaf

Unread postby Marco » Thu 25 Nov 2004, 21:59:27

Are you guys aware that FEMA already has plans for the 'breakup' of America.

I cant remember the link though.

Anyway- the plan along with martial law and all that- is to divide the nation into ten regions. The map sort of lumps states into groups and calls them something else.

This is a bit vague I know. But the plan exists. if I can find the link I will post it here.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Marco
Marco
Peat
Peat

Unread postby MonteQuest » Fri 26 Nov 2004, 01:10:51

Specop_007 wrote: The point is, this is mainly a liberal minded board. If someone speaks out as a Republican, most people here want him removed or his posts deleted...... Wheres that 1St amendment at? Wheres that Democratic belief were all equal? Dont *I* have a RIGHT to share my opinion, even if it doesnt match with yours?
Or are you being selective in who has "Rights" and who doesnt??

When the following is an example of you utilizing your first admendment rights, trying to provoke a flame war using childish derogatory remarks, is it no wonder you get deleted or censored? Specop, your reputation for this kind of post follows you. This kind of posting is not well received by either Republicans or Democrats. Maybe you should try eloquence rather than crassness next time?

I'll tell ya, I sure hope it does.
I'm getting pretty damned tired of these fuckin Democrats and their assbrained schemes trying to shove gestapo laws down my throat.
A Saudi saying, "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
MonteQuest
Expert
Expert

Unread postby MonteQuest » Fri 26 Nov 2004, 01:45:00

Specop_007 wrote:
I forgot to add, I dont really want to hear shit about that. For the past month I had Monte Quest so far up my ass over every little thing I coulda spit his letters on the screen, while the "other side" (Whatever that happens to be) was dancing in fairie dust and singing kumbaya.

For the record, Specop was deleted and censored not for his political views, but for hate speech which is not tolerated on this site.
A Saudi saying, "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
MonteQuest
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to North America Discussion