Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Peak Oil > Covid 19 > Great Reset

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Peak Oil > Covid 19 > Great Reset

Unread postby Armageddon » Sun 08 Aug 2021, 09:40:53

Newfie wrote:We have been strangely quiet about discussing the Covid Delta variant.

So where is this going?

I am seeing lots of panic among a certain set of people. Nee mask mandates. Mask wearing is way up here in Philadelphia.

Yet the little new I hear is that it is mostly limited to the unvaccinated and if there is a “breakthrough” case it is mold.

So what is going on? Is this a real thing? How much is it being hyped to feed the news cycle? At what point do we just integrate Covid into our “normal” risk matrix and move on? How is it different in countries that took a hard stance lime Australia?

The vax doesn’t work. Covid is bad flu. More lockdowns coming. Vaccine passports and digital currency is on its way. Anything else?
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 08 Aug 2021, 13:29:29

Well that is sort if my question, what else?

How much do we really change for this thing?

How much of the projected changes are for the benefit of the overlords?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Pops » Mon 09 Aug 2021, 08:07:44

LOL, the overlords are vaccinated. This is an epidemic of the willingly ignorant. If it weren't that kids under 12 still can't get the vaccine no one would care except for the overflowing ICUs MO has a fleet of 30 ambulances dedicated to ferrying the fools out of the Ozarks hospitals to other areas because they are full up here.

The story to this point has been that it is all a democrat plot, or maybe something to do with the illuminati/davos/reset, but now the theorists are too busy sucking wind to speculate.

Poor fools, the world is so scary to them they make up these all powerful figures to reassure themselves someone or something is in control. Unfortunately, there is no plan, no god, no one is in control.

The irony is so thick one could choke on it.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 13 Aug 2021, 02:34:56

Pops wrote:LOL, the overlords are vaccinated. This is an epidemic of the willingly ignorant.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/polit ... story.html
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 13 Aug 2021, 20:35:43

Pops wrote:This is an epidemic of the willingly ignorant.

Right-O. And the biggest problem from the beginning has been that vaccination levels among black and hispanic citizens are very low......almost 20 percentage points lower then white citizens.

I was appalled when the Ds spent so much time bashing vaccine effectiveness when it was first being rolled out. Cuomo and several other D governors actually set up special commissions within their blue states to evaluate the safety of the vaccines....these Ds were clearly trying to spread doubt by suggesting that the vaccine might be dangerous and the CDC emergency approval couldn't be trusted. And unfortunately, the seeds of distrust they sowed are still out there, and still killing people.

vaxhesitancy in the cities

a major ongoing racial gap in vaccination, with 76% of white respondents reporting having initiated vaccination, compared to 57% of Black and 58% of Latino respondents. Although challenges in vaccine access have affected populations of color, the DMACS report finds that the most common reasons for not getting vaccinated are concerns about the effectiveness, side effects, and safety of the vaccine – and Black residents are more likely to have concerns about effectiveness than white residents.

The vaccines are miraculously effective.* Everybody should get vaccinated, IMHO.

Cheers!

------------------

* in the interest of full disclosure I must add that I own stock in Moderna.
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Armageddon » Fri 13 Aug 2021, 21:29:56

A warning from France

I just copied this from Richard Citizen Journalist's Telegram page. A warning from France:

🇺🇸👊🏻🇺🇸 Richard Citizen Journalist 🇺🇸👊🏻🇺🇸, [13.08.21 06:14]
YOU NEED TO READ THIS TO PREPARE FOR WHAT'S COMING

From France 🇫🇷 (Copied from a friend)
📢⚠️
UPDATE:
Here in France it has gone to the extreme with the "Health" Pass. Last week on the 21st ALL restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and any leisure activities like sporting events, theaters, cinemas, museums, were closed to anyone without "the pass" and all staff at these places are mandated to get the jab to keep their job.

It is now a 6 Month prison sentence if you are caught inside any of these places without the pass (the man who slapped the president in the face got only 3 months prison time). Business owners will get a fine of 45,000 euros and 1 year prison sentance if they do not comply with the use of "the pass" and force all their employees to get the jab. (If you know France, you can commit murder and have less of a sentence)

So the result? All the low paid employees quit, they can make more on welfare here. (for now) We can still technically "get take out food" but I just tried last night and every restaurant in our town (that is dine in with take out) has closed their doors due to the lack of staff.

As of last week ALL doctors, nurses and health industry workers have been mandated to get the jab or lose their license, practice, job, business etc. (ALL health care here is Govt paid positions and there are no private health care Doctors or Hospitals etc.)

Since the Health care system is state run and funded, it has been run into the ground. All the good doctors left France 5 Years ago, all the hospitals look like they are 3rd world hospitals since there is no money to repair them, half of the equipment doesnt work and not every hospital is stocked with supplies needed for daily needs (masks, gels, disposable gowns etc).

For 5 years Nurses have been understaffed and doing double the work because the Health care system is nearly bankrupt.... So add to this the mandatory jab.

So the result? Well they took to the streets by the millions and now all the hospitals just lost another 50% of staff capacity. My doctor just went into early retirement (a.k.a. he quit) and I have yet to find a replacement.

As of Aug 1st ALL large malls, retail stores and grocery store owners and their staff need to be jabbed and the health pass is required to enter for employees and customers. This would be the equivalent to closing ALL Targets, Walmarts, Costcos, Home Depots, and all major grocery stores. (basically any building over 20,000 squre meters) to those without "the pass".

Result.?? Aug 15th Truckers will be going on strike nation wide; Blocking all access roads in and out of Paris.

Yesterday an entire airport in Northern France closed due to the majority of staff quitting.

As of Sept 15th All public areas and access will be off limits. No farmers markets, no parks, no national parks, lakes, rivers, beaches, recreation areas, campsites etc. and no gathering over 100 people, no churches, no weddings, etc.

As of Oct 1st ALL small vendors such as, delis, pizza trucks, sandwich shops, butchers, bakers, vegatable stands etc.

So as of Oct 1st I will only be able to purchase food by internet and pick up (if allowed).

Food shortages, Truckers strike, hospitals and airports shutting down unemployment going through the roof. Its going to be a bumpy ride folks.

Is it me or does all this seem a bit extreme for a "pass" that isn't exactly working?

America Canada England Australia New Zealand you’d better wake up.
Armageddon
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 13 Aug 2021, 21:36:15

I wouldn't mind betting the french politician backs down, they have a habit of that, pushing way too far on taxes etc then backing off. Two steps forward and one back.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby jato0072 » Fri 13 Aug 2021, 22:31:19

Armageddon, don't you know, they have to tear down France (and the West) so they can "Build Back Better". Every cool politician is saying "Build Back Better"! All of the cool kids support it!

https://www.whitehouse.gov/build-back-better/

The White House wrote:The Build Back Better Agenda is an ambitious plan to create jobs, cut taxes, and lower costs for working families – all paid for by making the tax code fairer and making the wealthiest and large corporations pay their fair share.

In 1984 speak it is:
The Build Back Better Agenda is an ambitious plan to destroy jobs, raise taxes, and raise costs for working families – all paid for by making the tax code fairer and making the poorest and small corporations pay their fair share.

But hey, anything is better than the orange haired guy. /sarcasm
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby careinke » Sat 14 Aug 2021, 20:10:44

theluckycountry wrote:
Pops wrote:LOL, the overlords are vaccinated. This is an epidemic of the willingly ignorant.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/polit ... story.html

I tried to open your link and got this interesting response:

Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in your country. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to your market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism.

I use a VPN that shows me in Germany. Darn, now I'm going to have to find a less restrictive country. It also has to be crypto freindly. Any suggestions from the group??

Peace
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby jato0072 » Sat 14 Aug 2021, 20:48:26

When I click on it I get a popup window which blocks the article asking me to subscribe. I can't even read the headline.
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
jato0072
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 23 Aug 2021, 12:48:41

jato0072 wrote:Armageddon, don't you know, they have to tear down France (and the West) so they can "Build Back Better". Every cool politician is saying "Build Back Better"! All of the cool kids support it!

https://www.whitehouse.gov/build-back-better/

The White House wrote:The Build Back Better Agenda is an ambitious plan to create jobs, cut taxes, and lower costs for working families – all paid for by making the tax code fairer and making the wealthiest and large corporations pay their fair share.

The biggest broad problem with modern liberalism is their wild ideas about "fairness", and how it's "fair" or "reasonable" to implement that endlessly with oodles of other peoples' money.

It just gets worse and worse re their definition of "fairness", and no matter what, it's NEVER enough for them, in reality. (And I'm mostly a liberal at heart re leaving people the hell alone that aren't hurting anyone -- with endless government spending being a major exception).

That's one reason we need at least two major parties, flawed as they may be -- to provide some balance and reason vs. endless spending fantasies.

(And yes, the right has plenty of problems with that in different areas like military, walls, endless breaks for the very rich, and on and on.)
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 23 Aug 2021, 12:51:45

jato0072 wrote:When I click on it I get a popup window which blocks the article asking me to subscribe. I can't even read the headline.

Welcome to the internet of the future (at least mostly), I suspect.

At that point, maybe people can do something besides play with their phones (MANY hours a day) in their spare time.

They REALLY need to come up with some kind of a practical an inexpensive micro-payment system that's more or less universal for pay sites, that isn't a pain in the ass. But it sure doesn't seem to be happening in the real world.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby JuanP » Mon 23 Aug 2021, 15:00:27

Outcast_Searcher wrote:
jato0072 wrote:When I click on it I get a popup window which blocks the article asking me to subscribe. I can't even read the headline.

At that point, maybe people can do something besides play with their phones (MANY hours a day) in their spare time.

They REALLY need to come up with some kind of a practical an inexpensive micro-payment system that's more or less universal for pay sites, that isn't a pain in the ass. But it sure doesn't seem to be happening in the real world.

The same thing happened to me. I reloaded the page and stopped the loading the moment the text appeared; that stopped the popup from loading and I could read the article without problems. I have been doing this on a number of different websites for years. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The problem is getting worse. There are a lot of sites I no longer visit because their ads became too annoying.
"Human stupidity has no limits" JuanP
JuanP
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 23 Aug 2021, 19:29:37

careinke wrote:
I tried to open your link and got this interesting response:

Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in your country.
I use a VPN that shows me in Germany.

Peace

I just checked it from my Canadian vpn server and it works fine. I'll change to Germany and report back in a sec after I restart the browser.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Mon 23 Aug 2021, 19:34:55

Nope, doesn't load from Germany. It's no doubt blocked at the German end, by the German government, Use Canada.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 24 Aug 2021, 08:41:38

Mustard wrote:Image

Just mentioning, Texas wolfcamp is being obliterated.

I mean seriously, the first "Mustard" post I read and it looks like Shorty is back to his trolling sock puppet creation routine?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby theluckycountry » Tue 24 Aug 2021, 17:13:12

JuanP wrote:I reloaded the page and stopped the loading the moment the text appeared; that stopped the popup from loading and I could read the article without problems. I have been doing this on a number of different websites for years. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The problem is getting worse. There are a lot of sites I no longer visit because their ads became too annoying.

That's a good trick, another is to use firefox 'reader view' it's an addon that eliminates all web formatting, and ads, and gives you a classic book view. Another is the 'toggle javascript' and another way is to use an archive site like this one.
https://archive.ph/

Here is the page I posted from that archive site
https://archive.ph/ACCl0

Just remember to use the second box, the search box, not the archive one at the top of the page.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 26 Aug 2021, 22:14:57

Mustard wrote:
AdamB wrote:I mean seriously, the first "Mustard" post I read and it looks like Shorty is back to his trolling sock puppet creation routine?

And obviously I'm not short.

Whatever you say Mustang19.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ralfy » Tue 07 Sep 2021, 10:38:58

"New Details Emerge About Coronavirus Research at Chinese Lab"

Newly released documents provide details of U.S.-funded research on several types of coronaviruses at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China. The Intercept has obtained more than 900 pages of documents detailing the work of EcoHealth Alliance, a U.S.-based health organization that used federal money to fund bat coronavirus research at the Chinese laboratory. The trove of documents includes two previously unpublished grant proposals that were funded by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, as well as project updates relating to EcoHealth Alliance’s research, which has been scrutinized amid increased interest in the origins of the pandemic.
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Tue 07 Sep 2021, 12:41:03

JuanP wrote:
Outcast_Searcher wrote:

The same thing happened to me. I reloaded the page and stopped the loading the moment the text appeared; that stopped the popup from loading and I could read the article without problems. I have been doing this on a number of different websites for years. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The problem is getting worse. There are a lot of sites I no longer visit because their ads became too annoying.

Agree completely re the ads getting too annoying and me just ignoring such sites. Thanks for the tip re trying stopping the loading as soon as the text appears. I didn't even think to try that (my technical expertise doesn't include web stuff except for what I read offhand, so like most users, all that stuff is mostly a combination of intuition and randomness for me).

If it continues to get worse I'll have to join the dark side, read some books on things like html, etc. to "arm myself". Sigh.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

PreviousNext

Return to Peak Oil Discussion