Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

No News Posted at the Front Page in April

Having trouble? Is the forum having trouble?

Moderator: admin

No News Posted at the Front Page in April

Unread postby Tuike » Wed 01 May 2024, 08:34:37

A month has passed and nothing new in the front page of peakoil.com.
Tuike
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: No News Posted at the Front Page in April

Unread postby theluckycountry » Wed 01 May 2024, 16:19:07

Well, all good things come to an end eventually. You can't fight the unwind.

I think the last story was good though.

CEO of Saudi Arabia’s state-owned oil company Aramco, Amin Nasser, said that the energy transition was failing and called for policymakers to abandon the “fantasy” of phasing out oil and gas, with the demand for fossil fuels expected to continue growing in the coming years... We should abandon the fantasy of phasing out oil and gas and instead invest in them adequately reflecting realistic demand assumptions.”

Of course it's a sales pitch for their oil, and full of crap, but on one level it's dead on target.

with the demand for fossil fuels expected to continue growing in the coming years

Yes, The impoverished in the third world will accept losing what they never had but the demands of the hundreds of millions falling into poverty across the Wealthy Western nations will continue to grow lol.

It's now no longer a case of 'they' fixing it for 'us'. We have passed into the era of every man and woman for themselves. This has been obvious to me for 20 years now. Right from the outset I was looking at the peakoil issue and the financial racket and I could see personal solutions were the only solutions.

The Peakoil movement was always divided into two camps, Those that realized the 20th century life was over and those that grasped at straws to keep it going. The drive-in utopia, EV will keep that going, solar and wind, that will keep our Air conditioners and fridges running. Smart roads, Robots picking vegetables in hydroponic farms, anything and everything was pushed forward as a savior. Bitcoin will make us all rich, and if there is a glitch in the Matrix, blame it on Putin or the leader of Iran.

In the future there will indeed be plenty of oil, hell, half of it is still in the ground! It just comes down to a matter of whether you will be one of the few that can afford it because it will be increasingly more expensive to get out as we go down the other side of the bell curve. That's where all the pieces of the puzzle now confounding the average consumer join together.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Technical Support