Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

LENR, Rossi and the ECAT Thread pt 5

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: LENR, Rossi and the ECAT Thread pt 5

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Thu 14 Oct 2021, 15:09:15

Outcast_Searcher wrote:For example, the almost religious fervor given to crypto-currencies as some sort of magical pathway to solving intractable financial problems and making huge numbers of investors "rich, with a high degree of certainty" seems a lot like a magic bean example to me, but only time will tell.

For sure my younger son got "rich" or at least reasonably well off while trading them, all at the age of 21.
20 years earnings of hard work of average American in just below 2 years - not bad!
Now very well paid job in investment banking sector - base on *proven* achievements of his own - what more to ask for?
One should care little about solving problems of humanity (which is going down a drain regardless, for intractable reasons), as long as he can save his own.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 16 Oct 2021, 08:53:38

Tanada wrote:
diemos wrote:
mousepad wrote:The most complex logic thought they can form is "I'm hungry therefore I must eat".

Most people's thinking doesn't go beyond, "I don't want this to be true, so it's not."

That is a sad and sorry truth!

Most of the reason this thread has never been permanently locked is because I admit I don't know everything and if someone does actually invent a cold fusion like energy source there are a long string of arguments about its implications on this thread. It is pretty clear after so many years that Rossi hasn't got anything. If he did he could have moved to some remote town, built a few of his devices and gotten the locals interested in cheap energy and got himself a reputation as a successful mad scientist. Instead he pops up in the fringe media from time to time showing what would be quite fascinating demonstrations if they could be verified as authentic and making grand claims about how he is being stifled. Real inventors do stuff, they don't just constantly ask for donations to get to the "next step".

The problem is that researchers do exactly that. I think that's why you haven't locked this thread. Research isn't about having something. It is about pure discovery. It is for theory to make sense of those discoveries. We aren't to the point of theory. I don't think we are even to the point of replication of the experiment based upon the setup criteria, so that a person can even speculate upon principles.

As far as I understand it, this is Em drive stuff. The guy who experimented with that, and has these micro-newton measurements to prove it, has not had that much success trying to explain how it works. I don't think he knows.

NASA has had some success replicating his experiments, but it could still be some sort of energy crossover or bleeding that is powering the thing, not what the man says. It is to the point where it is largely discredited. It has, however, been replicated enough, in a special room with NASA, that if somebody said tomorrow, finally, what was up, it wouldn't be surprising to me to find that something about a truth of nature was reflected there. It might not be a truth about energy, though. Except, it may say something about the nature of gravity.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby diemos » Sun 14 May 2023, 13:49:48

11 years ago the LENR age began when Rossi demonstrated his E-cat to the world. Since then the world has been transformed by this revolutionary technology ... oh wait! This didn't happen.

Interesting coming back to peakoil.com after a year and half break to find the same old players running around the same old hamster wheels.
diemos
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 14 May 2023, 16:01:13

mousepad wrote:
diemos wrote:
Most people's thinking doesn't go beyond, "I don't want this to be true, so it's not."

Including scientists. Be careful when claiming to hold the truth while dismissing the other man's truth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_cave

That is a great allegory.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 14 May 2023, 16:06:11

diemos wrote:Interesting coming back to peakoil.com after a year and half break to find the same old players running around the same old hamster wheels.

Well, folks are still waiting for the Rapture, and True Believers will continue to do so till the day they die. No surprise here at all.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Energy Technology