Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Interesting Establishment Politics - Super Tuesday

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Interesting Establishment Politics - Super Tuesday

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Tue 01 Mar 2016, 22:01:41

The Republican Establishment, after the Romney debacle in 2012, decided to shorten the debate schedule, so that the lead contender didn't get beat up by other Republican candidates that had no chance of nomination.

Another thing they did was schedule the Super Tuesday contests to take place across the conservative south, to give a conservative contender the opportunity to wrap up the nomination early.

The Democratic Establishment did not have to follow suit, but they did. This amounts to giving the most establishment candidate (Clinton) the opportunity to overwhelm Sanders. Especially when you consider most of these contests are in the anti-semitic south.

So what you see is a manipulation of the process by the political establishment to get what they wanted.

Unfortunately for the Republican Establishment it didn't work. Trump is sweeping Super Tuesday and could wrap up the nomination tonight.

Clinton can't and won't. And next Tuesday it goes to Michigan with Mucho delegates and strongly Sanders.
So the Democrats have a long ways to go.

But Trump can pretty much clinch tonight.

As Trump said, "We won the Evangelicals," Trump said. We won with poorly educated," he continued, "I love the poorly educated! They are the smartest people, the most loyal people."

So congratulations to the southern trailer park white trash. Trump is YOUR candidate and you've carried the day.

And let us not forget the southern racist and anti-semitic. He is also YOUR candidate. He stuck by you when pushed to disavow you. And you stuck by him.

Cog must just be dancing up a storm right now.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: Interesting Establishment Politics - Super Tuesday

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 01 Mar 2016, 22:20:07

Cid,

Curious. I understand the revulsion to Trump. But...in the long run would you prefer Cruz or Rubio?

I don't follow this stuff closely and I respect your opinion. If not Trump, which of the R's would rather see as President?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Tue 01 Mar 2016, 22:36:32

There is no Republican candidate in this race that I would ever support. The most moderate is still so far right that a Progressive doesn't have a horse in the race.

The Republican Establishment is already talking about a third party run of a centrist.

Clinton is such a corporatist, I will not vote for her. So I may not end up voting at all if she were to win the nomination.

Like it really makes a difference. I'm funding Bernie to get the message out for as long as he lasts. You can't kill an idea who's time has come.

He could still win the nomination. California and Michigan are still out there. As well as a number of other states where Bernie could win.

I fear for him if he gets close to the White House. He's taking on the power elite. He understands this. He said he can't stop, this has been his life mission, and he would rather die than stop. Janie said she wouldn't stop him if she could. She knows the risk.

I'm waiting to see Minnesota and Colorado.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Wed 02 Mar 2016, 02:20:47

I'm a Cruz guy. Have been since the election started. Cid needs to get out more.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 02 Mar 2016, 05:44:55

Cid_Yama wrote:So what you see is a manipulation of the process by the political establishment to get what they wanted.

You left out the biggest manipulation of all--the hundreds of establishment SUPERDELEGATES who the D establishment added into Hillsry's totals before the voting even started. so it's impossible for Bernie to win.
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 02 Mar 2016, 11:49:15

Cid_Yama wrote:Another thing they did was schedule the Super Tuesday contests to take place across the conservative south, to give a conservative contender the opportunity to wrap up the nomination early.

No, the plan was to get it wrapped up early for the establishment pick -- Jeb Bush.

The Democratic Establishment did not have to follow suit, but they did.

Of course they did. Get it all wrapped up early, for Clinton.

The GOP base -- with the help of independents and crossover Democrats (genuinely crossing over, not games) -- SUCCEEDED in their establishment revolt.

Whereas the Democratic base didn't succeed in their effort, to buck their establishment.

Establishment Democrats were talking about Bernie Sanders with every bit as much vitriol as they did Trump. It was ridiculous. They all sounded like Bush or Rubio, the way they scaremongered about Sanders. That sort of opened my eyes, lol, they acted even more scared of Bernie than Trump. :roll:

I did my part. I voted Bernie Sanders. I stayed a Democrat, I didn't cross over to rejoin the R party (I left them in 08 and I voted Obama and joined the Democratic Party).

I heard a pundit on tv earlier, saying that Trump is getting a lot of the old Obama vote. It's the CHANGE vote, Cid.

So what you see is a manipulation of the process by the political establishment to get what they wanted.

What's hilarious is that Trump is so anti-establishment.. he MATCHES UP WITH SO MANY OF YOUR VIEWS, CID.. the things you have been talking about for YEARS. Your foreign policy views. This is what you wanted, someone that's not interested in being a neocon, someone that's open to trying friendly relations / working with Russia. Someone that's not all totally globalist.

So okay, Trump matches up with you so much, yet you don't like him. Would you rather have Rubio? Do you really want to see the US involved in a big massive war in the middle east -- when it doesn't even make sense for us to be doing that stuff, anymore? When the US -- and American people that would have to fight in a big global cop war -- are quite frankly not getting anything out of it, anymore?

The jobs just go offshore, anyway. The old paradigm isn't paying off anymore. There's actually no return on investment, for the US to be global cop just for the heck of it. The reality is that we don't have to be global cop. The reality is that if we pull back from parts of the world, then the nations in those regions just form new alliances with each other -- they're capable of taking care of themselves, after all.

And meanwhile, many Americans want a president that will pay attention to America and start taking care of America. Build infrastructure HERE, not just in Afghanistan.

Anyhow Cid, why are you so unhappy about Trump? He matches your foreign policy views that you've been talking about for so many years. Someone like me -- I've actually had to move in that direction, from a more neocon perspective. But I've come to see that yeah, this global cop stuff really isn't making sense anymore. We can't be global cop JUST to wave the flag -- and Americans at home suffer, while we save the world, when objectively there is just not any kind of return coming back from that sacrifice and investment.

I'm actually okay with globalism and American leadership in the world and global cop -- but if they're gonna do that, then the establishment HAS GOT to start making it work for all the folk back on the homefront. Or else it's just not sustainable, Cid.

So congratulations to the southern trailer park white trash. Trump is YOUR candidate and you've carried the day.

For someone that claims to care about working class people, you sure put them down a lot.

But anyway -- you're not recognizing the reality, and I've posted the data about it before, that Trump's support is actually very DIVERSE. It's ALL demographics and income levels. He has the most diverse support base of any Republican in the race. Yeah the evangelicals love him Cid, but guess what -- Trump also supports planned parenthood, vociferously at that! Like, he's serious about it -- he's gonna protect Planned Parenthood and stop any cuts to it.

Trump's a big tent candidate.

And let us not forget the southern racist and anti-semitic. He is also YOUR candidate. He stuck by you when pushed to disavow you. And you stuck by him.

That's off base. Trump is a candidate of the South AND THE NORTH TOO! For goodness sake Cid, open your eyes. Look at those Massachusetts numbers. Look at the polls in New York that show Trump beating Clinton in long island. He really could have a shot at New York State.

Trump's popular in New Hampshire, Maine, Pennsylvania, all over the North.

It's a remarkable candidate that can win BOTH north and south, and that's a winner.

Cog must just be dancing up a storm right now.

Cog probably doesn't really like Trump much, because Trump is a populist that was a lifelong Democrat. And Trump has a lot of Democrat ideas still and that's where his heart is, and he's big government, so that's why Cog doesn't like him too much.

But whatever. I assume Trump makes Cog happier than Romney or McCain did anyway, so that's some improvement there.

I think Trump's Democrat vibes -- that Cog may not be over the moon about -- are a good thing. That just gets Democrat votes yet Trump makes the populist conservatives in the GOP happy too. That's someone that could actually get things passed, in congress. That's someone that could fix the ACA and do universal healthcare, and do other reforms that normally R's would be so against -- but yet Trump has the R base with him, so he can get it done.

P.S. By the way, it's not a 100% for sure thing I'd vote Trump, in the general. We'll just have to see. We've got nine months to go, a full and complete general election for everyone to make a full evaluation and decide. (and that's also nine months for Trump to learn more, and change, and grow.. a presidential campaign is really an education. He'll be well qualified and rough edges smoothed out, by November)

To be objective and fair about things -- there ARE in fact reasons for Democrats to vote Clinton even if they supported Sanders. The supreme court is honestly the biggest one, and that's a very real issue.

I'm okay about it either way, however it works out. I actually don't even dislike the Clintons -- I'd be okay about them in the WH. But it's TRUMP that's got the *hope* now, in this general election. It's Trump's that's got the Big Mo, and excitement, and change.

Trump's got Ronald Reagan written all over him, and Reagan Wave.. Trump's a winner.

And the neat thing is that Trump isn't trickledown though, like Reagan was. Trump's got a 100% opposite view from Reagan, on that -- Trump's economics are like Ross Perot. It's about keeping jobs here in the USA, and getting our American multi national corps to start thinking about America, more.

Maybe have Apple start making some stuff here. Maybe stop the oreo cookie plant from going to Mexico, and the carrier air conditioner plant, and maybe those Disney workers in Florida won't have to train their Indian guest worker replacements anymore.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Return to North America Discussion